It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does no one care that the ISIS caliphate was destroyed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Tartuffe

You mean that thing on the other side of the world that has no ability to really impact me or my life in any sort of way? You're right! I need to clutch my pearls and start wringing my hands immediately!

That "thing" was genocide. We're talking mass graves, torture, rape. "Some people did something" is your attitude?

In your response we finally have our answer: solipsism, cynicism and self-concern.
edit on 16-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't see what good a parade would do other than a fleeting gesture, Kurds and Yazidi deserve their own land after this. Also it's a bit on the early side for celebration as ISIS are still active in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Plus Turkey still pose a huge threat of genocide against the Kurds.
edit on 16-4-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I don't see what good a parade would do other than a fleeting gesture, Kurds and Yazidi deserve their own land after this. Also it's a bit on the early side for celebration as ISIS are still active in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Plus Turkey still pose a huge threat of genocide against the Kurds.

It would be a simple way of saying thank you. Doing nothing isn't even a gesture.

The Kurds, on the other hand, are having parades in celebration. Would it be so fleeting to join them in solidarity?

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If people got off their duff and gave military support and aid like the volunteer fighters that would be something, but we know that isn't going to happen from the indifferent westerner, who is much happier denouncing the US instead of ISIS.

Governments (yours and mine) started it and and they gave rise to ISIS , it's for them now clean up their (our) mess , trying to do things on the cheap with bureaucratic idiots in charge has led to many of the problems we see in the ME.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If people got off their duff and gave military support and aid like the volunteer fighters that would be something, but we know that isn't going to happen from the indifferent westerner, who is much happier denouncing the US instead of ISIS.

Governments (yours and mine) started it and and they gave rise to ISIS , it's for them now clean up their (our) mess , trying to do things on the cheap with bureaucratic idiots in charge has led to many of the problems we see in the ME.

That's largely untrue but excuse making and blame-shifting is about all we have at this point.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's largely untrue

ISIS arose from Donald Rumsfeld's brilliant idea to disband the Iraqi army , formerly well paid soldiers and commanders found themselves out of a job so found a lucrative alternative , this eventually led to ISIS.

Believe what you wish but the facts are out there.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Lol...

You mean the American forces?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
So where is the celebration?

"It murdered, raped and pillaged the people as it did the land. Whoever did survive lived under theocratic tyranny, was made a sex slave, or was subject to threat and persecution. It burned books, churches, mosques, libraries and museums. It tortured, beheaded, and desecrated its prisoners, which it filmed for use in its propaganda. It inspired the insane to commit acts of terror all over the globe. This reign of terror destabilized the region and helped spur the ongoing migrant crisis."

What about when the fragments reassemble again, like they always do? Just because we got rid of a few instigators, that didn't eliminate the reason they were fighting in the first place. That's still around, lurking.

And you want to throw a party?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

"That thing" was what we wanted it to be. If your horrified at what was happening...it was the US and allies that funded both sides of that conflict.

The answer you want: personal relevance. The only way it crosses my awareness is if i partake in media. Thats a rare occurence.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That's largely untrue

ISIS arose from Donald Rumsfeld's brilliant idea to disband the Iraqi army , formerly well paid soldiers and commanders found themselves out of a job so found a lucrative alternative , this eventually led to ISIS.

Believe what you wish but the facts are out there.

The group was founded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Jordan in 1999.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"That thing" was what we wanted it to be. If your horrified at what was happening...it was the US and allies that funded both sides of that conflict.

The answer you want: personal relevance. The only way it crosses my awareness is if i partake in media. Thats a rare occurence.

Sir, I beg you to look into the horror that is/was ISIS, and what it did to civilians in the name of Allah and Islam. They were a suicide death cult. If we do not understand the bullet we dodged with their defeat, they will return.

Look at the relief on these people's faces, then think of your own families. These are human beings.

edit on 16-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

"It murdered, raped and pillaged the people as it did the land. Whoever did survive lived under theocratic tyranny, was made a sex slave, or was subject to threat and persecution. It burned books, churches, mosques, libraries and museums. It tortured, beheaded, and desecrated its prisoners, which it filmed for use in its propaganda. It inspired the insane to commit acts of terror all over the globe. This reign of terror destabilized the region and helped spur the ongoing migrant crisis."

What about when the fragments reassemble again, like they always do? Just because we got rid of a few instigators, that didn't eliminate the reason they were fighting in the first place. That's still around, lurking.

And you want to throw a party?

I want people to realize that while you and I were getting fat in the west, people were stopping ISIS in their tracks, essentially protecting us while we slept. Is it so wrong to show a little gratitude?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TartuffeBut in this case the forces of good defeated the forces of evil.

The Russians backed Syria and they won this one. Why would the Western media celebrate a Russian victory even though it as you say it was good over evil

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I want people to realize that while you and I were getting fat in the west, people were stopping ISIS in their tracks, essentially protecting us while we slept. Is it so wrong to show a little gratitude?

We'll send a card.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

We'll send a card.

No card will make up for abandoning allies.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Besides making this post, what have you personally done about it?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Besides making this post, what have you personally done about it?

What's it to you? You don't even care.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It wasn't destroyed just fragmented , the territory is gone but the ideal remains.

The caliphate is destroyed. The people who lived under its tyranny are liberated. No cause for celebration?

ISIS is not dead because the West is protecting them. There are still terror attacks going on. Just like how Nazism is still alive. There is nothing to clebrate about it.

Last ISIS Attack Dec 2018
edit on 16-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That's what I figured.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's what I figured.

Figure all you want. It's the only comfort one can muster in ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join