It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does no one care that the ISIS caliphate was destroyed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: Tartuffe

Given their aspirations, ISIS was (and still might be) an existential threat to the entire globe.

Yeah right, I personally think the bodies stacking up in the name of US neocolonialism is indication of a far greater threat, ISIS were never a global threat, media highlighting and government agendas frightened you is all

Of course you do. But I would argue you do not think that because you know more than everyone else. I would argue you think that because you know less.

Convenience is bliss mate, don't ever forget the part that US neocolonialism played in creating ISIS, if you're going to manufacture consent against a country in order to invade, which has been done many a time, you don't think that groups like ISIS are going to be fallout from that?

And please, explain in what way, and how ISIS were ever a threat to the global status quo?
edit on -180002019-04-16T12:21:45-05:000000004530201945042019Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:21:45 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Given their aspirations, ISIS was (and still might be) an existential threat to the entire globe.

Yeah right, I personally think the bodies stacking up in the name of US neocolonialism is indication of a far greater threat, ISIS were never a global threat, media highlighting and government agendas frightened you is all

Of course you do. But I would argue you do not think that because you know more than everyone else. I would argue you think that because you know less.

Convenience is bliss mate, don't ever forget the part that US neocolonialism played in creating ISIS, if you're going to manufacture consent against a country in order to invade, which has been done many a time, you don't think that groups like ISIS are going to be fallout from that?

And please, explain in what way, and how ISIS were ever a threat to the global status quo?

That's a bunch of ahistorical piffle.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yeah, right, Iraq, do your research

It ain't down to me to research for you, ISIS was fallout from the bullsh*t that was the US invasion of Iraq:

The Independent
edit on -180002019-04-16T12:37:01-05:000000000130201901042019Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:37:01 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah, right.

Complete nonsense and lies.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the new and improved, twenty first century crusades. The original Crusades ran from 1096 to 1291.

www.history.com...
edit on 16-4-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Because Trump is President. It would make him look good, we can’t have that.

Plus we know the Democrats can't remember anything farther back than 2 years so they will not remember that Obama, out of the blue, pulled out of Iraq creating the vacuum for ISIS to take a firm hold, and did they. That hold created true atrocities not seen since medieval times...

Yeah! Obama!

Yep
So fast they were ordered to leave all equipment , thus arming IS with some nice equipment.
Which is against military regulations

They were flown back to the US on commercial airlines

Yet , Barry had left enough there , way past Bush's end date

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Indeed. I'm struggling to understand the opposition you're receiving in this thread.

Do people care so little about the suffering that has been endured by the Iraqi and Syrian people amongst others from the Daesh reign of terror?

edit on 1642019 by Wide-Eyes because: Linking your post

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

No cause for celebration?

What would you suggest by way of celebration?

I'm pleased they lost the territory they stole and raise my hat to the brave fighters who did the work of kicking their ass's back to the stone age but don't see why we should be expected to celebrate.

I can understand refraining from celebration if one does not care either way. That is at least honest. But for myself, after following the rise and fall of this evil, after coming to know some of their victims, it is my contention that celebration is the very least we could do.

I didn't say that I don't care , I think we all watched the rise of Daesh with revulsion and horror and their fall with a fair amount of joy but celebrating their demise is premature , yes they were defeated militarily but that was a battle in a bigger war , winning hearts and minds is harder than dropping bombs and winning hearts and minds is crucial if we are to win the war.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It's hard to take anyone who uses that kind of vernacular seriously.

You can't kill an ideology!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 4/16/19 by Gothmog because: link was corrected

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Because Trump is President. It would make him look good, we can’t have that.

Plus we know the Democrats can't remember anything farther back than 2 years so they will not remember that Obama, out of the blue, pulled out of Iraq creating the vacuum for ISIS to take a firm hold, and did they. That hold created true atrocities not seen since medieval times...

Yeah! Obama!

Yep
So fast they were ordered to leave all equipment , thus arming IS with some nice equipment.

They were flown back to the US on commercial airlines

Yet , Barry had left enough there , way past Bush's end date

Yep. Remember this?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Indeed. I'm struggling to understand the opposition you're receiving in this thread.

Do people care so little about the suffering that has been endured by the Iraqi and Syrian people amongst others from the Daesh reign of terror?

It's not opposition, but the context of the OP is totally inaccurate, and it should be understood, those with the most money and power, and the actual global agendas, don't seem to understand that violence just breeds more violence.

Additionally, beyond all those starry eyed at the MSM coverage of the "destruction of ISIS" , should also probably understand that it wasn't for the welfare of the people of Syria, Iraq or wherever, there's more chance it was because they were screwing with the oil pipelines

link   

It ain't down to me to research for you, ISIS was fallout from the bullsh*t that was the US invasion of Iraq:

Indepedent

So , this fellow writing an opinion piece is all in for what Baghdadi said ?
Do you generally go all in for what the enemy is saying ?

edit on 4/16/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   

No cause for celebration?

What would you suggest by way of celebration?

I'm pleased they lost the territory they stole and raise my hat to the brave fighters who did the work of kicking their ass's back to the stone age but don't see why we should be expected to celebrate.

I can understand refraining from celebration if one does not care either way. That is at least honest. But for myself, after following the rise and fall of this evil, after coming to know some of their victims, it is my contention that celebration is the very least we could do.

I didn't say that I don't care , I think we all watched the rise of Daesh with revulsion and horror and their fall with a fair amount of joy but celebrating their demise is premature , yes they were defeated militarily but that was a battle in a bigger war , winning hearts and minds is harder than dropping bombs and winning hearts and minds is crucial if we are to win the war.

I wasn't accusing you of not caring personally. It was more a general statement.

I mean, I get it. But the brave men and women who stood up to ISIS and defeated them, often times with little support from the West, deserve our applause. They deserve parades and celebrations of their heroism. But all I see around me is utter indifference. They do not care about the bullets that were taken for everyone, world wide. People stood up for freedom and human rights and won.

I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's hard to take anyone who uses that kind of vernacular seriously.

You can't kill an ideology!

I'm not going to dumb myself down for your benefit.

You can kill an ideology if you destroy the evil that believes it. I'm not saying Wahhabism or ISIS ideology is destroyed. I'm saying the caliphate is.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

I'm sorry but your opinions about me mean little at this point given your ahistorical opinions about everything else.

How about we talk about the destruction of the caliphate and how little you care?
edit on 16-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

I'm sorry but your opinions about me mean little at this point given your ahistorical opinions about everything else.

How about we talk about the destruction of the caliphate and how little you care?

It's not opinion, it's fact, once again, do your research.

I corrected your inaccuracies, didn't I? I must care a little bit

originally posted by: Gothmog

Indepedent

So , this fellow writing an opinion piece is all in for what Baghdadi said ?
Do you generally go all in for what the enemy is saying ?

So tell me, how did ISIS begin?
edit on -180002019-04-16T12:51:04-05:000000000430201904042019Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:51:04 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I just don't get it.

No mate, you just don't

It's not opinion, it's fact, once again, do your research.

I corrected your inaccuracies, didn't I? I must care a little bit

What inaccuracies?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think parades are fleeting as is praise , I believe they would be happier with continued military support and aid to help rebuild the towns and cities damaged or destroyed through their liberation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join