It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to come to a conclusion on Bigfoot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
The problem you have is you do not believe in them.
It only takes ONE photo to be real.
It only takes ONE story to be real.

Yes, but because the claim runs very counter to general consensus, those things have to be proven. It would be nice if that happened, because I'm a big "fan" of Bigfoot, and it would be very fun if it was proven beyond any doubt to actually exist.

So far, though, we don't quite have that. Maybe with advancements in technology we'll get it. Hard to say. I'll keep waiting.

What proof would be good enough for scientists never mind the general public? DNA? Footprints? Sightings? Audio recordings? Photographic evidence? Video?
All of those have been done.
The only evidence that would convince the general public would be a body. If that what it takes, then I'm all for it. However, I don't know if I could shoot something that by all accounts (many hunters claim) looks remarkably human.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
No one here needs a history lesson on Bigfoot, Sasquatch or any of it's many names.
What we do need is some finality on what this phenomenon is.

Thousands of people have encountered something in the woods, that's a fact.

I would believe some have had a few too many, heard a coyote and promptly flipped out.

I would also believe that some have actually seen a 7 foot tall man wearing nothing but his birthday suit covered in hair wandering the woods.

Their are so many "Quanspiricies" taking place at the moment that I feel this has been lost in the shuffle.

It's not that I don't believe in that (most members will know I certainly do)

However I dare to find a connection, Human, Animal, Crossbreed or both.

I'am well beyond aware that this topic has been brought up, analyzed, and then brought up again.

My Question is...have we ever considered the possibility that "Bigfoot" is here to help us?

Is "Bigfoot" in disguise? If we shave them down..what's left.. a human?

If you look at the sky at night and believe all the stars we're put in place for our amusement..God help you.

Technology has taken the forefront lately in the conspiracy world..Robot's are taking us over!!

They may be however, lets get back to basics!

Why is their an inter dimensional "harry man" Roaming..Waiting?

I feel the search for "Bigfoot" may actually be a search for our forgotten ancestors...Why don't we use 75% of our brain?

ARE WE CHASING OURSELVES?

I know this guy is just trying to sell a book..but is he wrong?

www.inverse.com...

BigFoot drives the ecomony for some folks in small towns, with tourist and what not. I say BigFoot forever. He is an icon like madonna. He will always live. Even if they never find him or he doesn't exist. He is world class folklore. He is the nightmare or campfire story you tell at night. Or the thing that freaks out hikers when they hear hustling in the brush.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Well... informed, reasonable, intelligent people HAVE already come to a conclusion: they've concluded that the very concept of 8 foot tall, upright creatures somehow evading any and all detection (in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them) and never leaving any trace whatsoever for centuries and counting, despite their size and the fact that their habitat is steadily shrinking, is blatantly absurd and self-evidently ridiculous. Because Bigfoot isn't real.
The End.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Assassin82

If not "Bigfoot" then what is out in the woods?

Deer, rabbits, possums, raccoons, etc etc.. You know, all of those animals that always leave numerous traces and a multitude of evidence of their presence, despite being much much smaller than the supposed Bigfoot? And... that's all. Because, again: the idea that these supposed massive creatures have somehow never been detected or left any trace whatsoever of their presence, in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them for years upon years upon years, is RIDICULOUS.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Well... informed, reasonable, intelligent people HAVE already come to a conclusion: they've concluded that the very concept of 8 foot tall, upright creatures somehow evading any and all detection (in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them) and never leaving any trace whatsoever for centuries and counting, despite their size and the fact that their habitat is steadily shrinking, is blatantly absurd and self-evidently ridiculous. Because Bigfoot isn't real.
The End.

The Sasquatch believers are fierce in their belief. I think it’s because they are so invested in it that they just can’t see the logic and rationale behind all the “evidence”. We can find dinosaur bones from millions of years ago, but not a single Sasquatch bones. We can dig up Sumerian outposts from thousands of years ago buried in the ground, but not one Bigfoot den. We stumbled across 270 new species of life in 2018, but we can’t focus our efforts to find definitive evidence of a species that has plagued bedtime stories for centuries.

To each their own I guess...personally I think they’re wasting their time. But I guess...more power to them and please, prove me wrong.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

The End.

You might want to rethink what you consider informed, reasonable, and intelligent people then.

Dr. Grover Krantz
Dr. Jane Goodall
Dr. Samuel Sentell
Dr. Esteban Sarmiento
Dr. LeRoy Fish

All of whom hold many more credentials than you or I. I believe there is a chance this creature can exist. Anyone who says one extreme or the other must have proof for their claim. I believe the absolutism of there being no such creature stems from a lack of spending any amountable time in the actual wilderness and/or any knowledge about how vast it really is out there.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012any knowledge about how vast it really is out there.

As an example, Saskatchewan covers 251,700 square miles. It is all farmland, lakes, forest and mountains. There are a million less people living there than in San Diego. Plenty of room for a thousand bigfoot to roam undetected.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: superman2012any knowledge about how vast it really is out there.

As an example, Saskatchewan covers 251,700 square miles. It is all farmland, lakes, forest and mountains. There are a million less people living there than in San Diego. Plenty of room for a thousand bigfoot to roam undetected.

Exactly! Although were I live it is bald prairie, there are many places within 45 mins of my town that I could live in undetected!
Northern Saskatchewan is beautiful, full of food, water and forests and most importantly, not many people.
If it weren't for the winters, I would love to live up there year round primitively.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
What proof would be good enough for scientists never mind the general public? DNA? Footprints? Sightings? Audio recordings? Photographic evidence? Video?
The only evidence that would convince the general public would be a body. If that what it takes, then I'm all for it. However, I don't know if I could shoot something that by all accounts (many hunters claim) looks remarkably human.

Well, I'm no scientist, but I like the idea of a repeatable experiment. And to prove something exists, whether it's alien UFOs or Bigfoot or those creepy creatures that live in the caves, I only want something relatively simple to produce. Something you could use to prove that anything exists, whether it's Bigfoot or your grandma. That being:

1. Multiple photos of the same thing taken by different people at the same time, none of them anonymous.
2. Some kind of physical evidence -- or a body -- that is linked by a clear, unbroken chain of evidence to the thing in question (Bigfoot).
3. Multiple independent, unbiased verification that the physical evidence is what it appears to be.
4. Experts in the field who agree with the findings of the tests, and supported by public figures (Pope, President, Ryan Reynolds, etc.).
5. The possibility that I, myself, might be able to access and physically touch the object in question.

Simple, right? You could do it with the chair you're sitting on right now. But do we have it for Sasquatch? Sadly, no. Well, you can say that my standards for proof are too high. If so, I suggest that your standards of proof are too low.

edit on 24-4-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, I'm no scientist, but I like the idea of a repeatable experiment. And to prove something exists, whether it's alien UFOs or Bigfoot or those creepy creatures that live in the caves, I only want something relatively simple to produce. Something you could use to prove that anything exists, whether it's Bigfoot or your grandma. That being:

1. Multiple photos of the same thing taken by different people at the same time, none of them anonymous.
2. Some kind of physical evidence -- or a body -- that is linked by a clear, unbroken chain of evidence to the thing in question (Bigfoot).
3. Multiple independent, unbiased verification that the physical evidence is what it appears to be.
4. Experts in the field who agree with the findings of the tests, and supported by public figures (Pope, President, Ryan Reynolds, etc.).
5. The possibility that I, myself, might be able to access and physically touch the object in question.

Simple, right? You could do it with the chair you're sitting on right now. But do we have it for Sasquatch? Sadly, no. Well, you can say that my standards for proof are too high. If so, I suggest that your standards of proof are too low.

So DNA evidence with a chain of evidence and supplied to top universities blindly having them ask if the sender has discovered a new species isn't enough for you? I suppose you're right then, your standards are too high.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Conclusions about Sasquatch??

OK.

People, including myself, have indeed seen something. The question is "what are we seeing?"

I've lived a good portion of my life in the woods. Backpacking, hunting, etc..., I doubt there's a large land animal living in North America that I haven't seen.

Bears? Seen 'em. Black. Grizzley. Kodiak. Polar. ...and a number of crosses between various bear types. You could, in a glimpse, mistake an upright bear for a human shaped critter--under some circumstances. In my sighting? Nope.

Elk/Caribou/Moose/Deer/Antelope? Seen 'em all, and there's no mistaking them for a 7 plus foot tall humanoid.

Legends abound throughout the world of large, or even small, hairy men living in the wilderness around us. Obviously, few of the tales are true, or we'd have no mystery, we'd be trippin' over Skookum.

The wilderness is still vast, much of it is still untouched. I've visited places in Canada and Alaska, as well as here in the Lower 48, that have had little contact with man, or any of his works.

Skookum exists--whether some of you believe or not. That's my conclusion. My Dad's, too. My Grandfather. ...and various other folks of my acquaintance that have had encounters of various sorts with whatever it is that's knockin' about the woods and mountains of the world.

Your conclusions may vary.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ive seen Bigfoot first hand and talked to lots of people who also claim to seen them also. what kills me is with so many sightings there is still no definitive proof.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Until we find a bigfoot there's no need to come to conclusion on what it is or is not... We don't need to god of the gaps everything, it's stupid and lazy, it's fine to simply not know #...

You know what's worse than not knowing the answer to something? #ing making one up!
edit on 6/23/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Bigfoots are interdimension beings. People like me, sasquatch ontario, Scott Carpenter, Kewaunee Lapseritis and some others all know this. I've seen the orbs. I've had them walk invisible right in front of me. I've spoken to them telepathically. They can teleport, turn invisible, read your mind. They can also intereact with our electronics.

One funny thing was that they call our roads "hard trails."

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, with urbanization and over-development, bigfoot is running out of places to hide.

Like Fox Mulder, I want to believe. There very well could be a small population of these creatures out there still. But I honestly think that 99% of sightings are misidentification of known animals, people's imagination getting away from them, or outright hoaxes. With as many people (and countless game cams set up) out there looking for these creatures, all we get is blurry pictures and out of focus video.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

There are still many, many places for him to hide out.

The wilderness areas in North America are vast beyond easy comprehension for most folks. I've been in places, out back of beyond, where men and any of their works have never been. Some of those places are within an easy days drive. You have to walk, of course, to get to the exact spot...but they're not that far away.

Then you've areas in Asia that are, if anything, even larger and harder to access. Most anything could live in there...and we'd never be the wiser.

Look up mammoth in historical times. Not all that long ago there were mammoth breeds living up north. Isolated, 'tis true, but there none the less. It's not a stretch, or not a long one, that something as intelligent as an unknown primate could be there, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I came to my conclusion when I saw two of them in 1999.

And personally, I'd rather that they stay as a cryptid. We'd just # up their lives if science accepted their existence.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So DNA evidence with a chain of evidence and supplied to top universities blindly having them ask if the sender has discovered a new species isn't enough for you? I suppose you're right then, your standards are too high.

All the DNA studies I've ever seen say it's a bear. Multiple independent studies confirming Bigfoot DNA? Haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Firstly, people suffering from Dunning-Kruger Syndrome generally only believe their own opinion, and find it difficult to believe Governments classify subjects from the Public. Secondly, Science is a Public institute and has no authority to Declassify anything, or research Classified Subjects. Militarised Science employment involves signing Secrecy, non-disclosure and Defence documents. Thirdly there are up to 10,000 Witness Testimonies on YT including Police, Military, Scientists, Park Rangers etc. This is classsed as inundating evidence in court of law. 110 DNA sequences done. Numerous video, audio and photographs.
It is obvious to any adult with sufficient brain cells that there are probably 10,000 plus Bigfoots worldwide. It appears there are up to 6 typologies of them. They mostly live nocturnally, and habituate in caves etc. Most of them live in the US and CAN and to declassify them would obviously negatively effect Economics, Sociology, Government, Science. 1000s of them have been killed and they have likely killed many humans. You aren't allowed a body. You, and Science, have no authority to know about them. Its possible they or some of them have paranormal abilities, and a UFO connection.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Firstly, people suffering from Dunning-Kruger Syndrome generally only believe their own opinion, and find it difficult to believe Governments classify subjects from the Public. Secondly, Science is a Public institute and has no authority to Declassify anything, or research Classified Subjects. Militarised Science employment involves signing Secrecy, non-disclosure and Defence documents. Thirdly there are up to 10,000 Witness Testimonies on YT including Police, Military, Scientists, Park Rangers etc. This is classsed as inundating evidence in court of law. 110 DNA sequences done. Numerous video, audio and photographs.
It is obvious to any adult with sufficient brain cells that there are probably 10,000 plus Bigfoots worldwide. It appears there are up to 6 typologies of them. They mostly live nocturnally, and habituate in caves etc. Most of them live in the US and CAN and to declassify them would obviously negatively effect Economics, Sociology, Government, Science. 1000s of them have been killed and they have likely killed many humans. You aren't allowed a body. You, and Science, have no authority to know about them. Its possible they or some of them have paranormal abilities, and a UFO connection.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join