It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I would have concerns about your atrocious spelling habits.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It's a-l-u-m-i-n-i-u-m. And c-o-l-o-u-r. etc.

I bet you had to look up how to spell "atrocious".

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On second thoughts America, you can put that annexation on hold. We couldn't stomach any more of your music.

Or your films about how you won the Battle of Britain for us, won the war in Burma during WW2, captured an Enigma machine, etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
For Remainers....is this what you want to attach yourselves too?

"The unemployment rate in the Eurozone was recorded at 8.2% in July of 2018, and in the wider EU it was 6.8%. However, this masks the fact that only Germany has a really low rate at 3.4%. In France, Italy and Spain the rates are 9.1%, 10.4% and 15.3% respectively. Greece still struggles at 19.1% and for comparison the UK rate is 4.0% and, in the U.S. just 3.9%"

"Across the Eurozone the level of Debt:GDP stands at 86.7%. A far cry from the 60% limit that was established by the deeply flawed Stability and Growth Pact. The lowest level of debt in the major economies is found in Germany at 64.1%, in contrast one finds France 97.0%, Spain 98.3%, Italy 131.8% and of course, despite all the austerity and bailout cash Greece stands at 178.6%. Again, for reference the UK carries a burden of 85.3% and the U.S. is at 105.4%."

www.forbes.com...

Only Germany and the UK seem to be keeping the EU out of a recession.

Germany's two biggest banks are in merger talks as they have yet to recover from 2008.

Good grief. If true, what you are reportng would suggest the EU is on the brink of near financial and economic collapse!

The US business media seems to have mostly missed this .

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That is one reason why us Brexiteers want out.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

For Remainers....is this what you want to attach yourselves too?

"The unemployment rate in the Eurozone was recorded at 8.2% in July of 2018, and in the wider EU it was 6.8%. However, this masks the fact that only Germany has a really low rate at 3.4%. In France, Italy and Spain the rates are 9.1%, 10.4% and 15.3% respectively. Greece still struggles at 19.1% and for comparison the UK rate is 4.0% and, in the U.S. just 3.9%"

"Across the Eurozone the level of Debt:GDP stands at 86.7%. A far cry from the 60% limit that was established by the deeply flawed Stability and Growth Pact. The lowest level of debt in the major economies is found in Germany at 64.1%, in contrast one finds France 97.0%, Spain 98.3%, Italy 131.8% and of course, despite all the austerity and bailout cash Greece stands at 178.6%. Again, for reference the UK carries a burden of 85.3% and the U.S. is at 105.4%."

www.forbes.com...

Only Germany and the UK seem to be keeping the EU out of a recession.

Germany's two biggest banks are in merger talks as they have yet to recover from 2008.

Added to which is Macron's hardline on Brexit. Which is entirely nothing to do with the fact that the Gilet Jaunes have left over 10 dead and over 100 seriously injured (from missing limbs to missing jaws, so not minor injuries).

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well........I can understand that.......but from what I understand, perhaps inacurately, is that by leaving the EU, the UK will lose all its favorable trade arrangements, imports and exports with the EU which is your biggest trading partner.

The result will be that your exports will be subject to high tarriffs and you will be charged high taxes on goods and food stuffs imported from the EU. That sounds to me like a formula for disaster.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Ithink that shows the EU is like herding cats. The UK plays by the rules. While the rest of the EU plays WITH the rules.

This is of course just my worthless opinion. But Forbes is pretty reputable. I will try to find the article about that bank merger again.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

To which the UK would do the same to European goods. Kinda childish, but the EU cant afford to let the UK go.....so it plays hardball.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Well........I can understand that.......but from what I understand, perhaps inacurately, is that by leaving the EU, the UK will lose all its favorable trade arrangements, imports and exports with the EU which is your biggest trading partner.

It cuts both ways. It's not in the interests of the EU to stick silly tariffs on goods as the reciprocal impact would harm all the nations in the EU (except two) who have a trade surplus with the UK. If the EU mandarins are truly working for the countries in the EU then they need to seek a close and collaborative relationship with the UK. Cutting their nose off to spite their face just makes them look ugly.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Damn...for real? No wonder the media blackout.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Bare in mind this is from the end of January and the protests haven't stopped yet.

Lost eyes.....hands blown off

This is from a French publication too - so not guilty of anti French bias!
edit on 28-3-2019 by Flavian because: Beacuse i don't know the difference between bare and bear

ETA:

Over 1'000 injured!
edit on 28-3-2019 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonySThe result will be that your exports will be subject to high tarriffs and you will be charged high taxes on goods and food stuffs imported from the EU. That sounds to me like a formula for disaster.

Exactly right..................... It's a total nightmare for us here in the UK. The mad have taken contro lof the country and it's just a total mess. You really couldn't make it up, cutting ourselves off from our own region and now all the infighting. The country is going down the pan and then it's probably going to end in a total recession the like we haven't seen for one hundred years. Possible civil war as the country is divided right down the middle. They tell us there are great trade deals down the line with Zambia and New Zealand but our own market is our own area and e are withdrawing from it
The mad have taken over and who knows where it's going to end when for the past thirty years we have had it so good within the EU. We even had special privilages like being allowed to keep our own currency also not go into the shengens border freedom. The worlds gone mad but it happens every now and then

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

But the EU is going to want to sell their BMW's, Mercs, Renaults, Citroens, Fiats, Bosch washing machines etc to us too?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Are you for real? The "privilege of keeping your own currency". Wait that has to be sarcastic. Good one, you almost got me. I mean the next thing was going to be the privilege of making your own laws, or the privilege of having a local MP as opposed to a nameless face somewhere in Brussels.

Haha...nice one.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Well snap, its all fun and games until someone gets an eye put out.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Doubles it so I'll ad this..................... Monkey tennis
edit on 28-3-2019 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

But the EU is going to want to sell their BMW's, Mercs, Renaults, Citroens, Fiats, Bosch washing machines etc to us too?

Not really................... They are a single market and will ditch us and our super reliable Jaguars and Landies

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Are you for real? The "privilege of keeping your own currency". Wait that has to be sarcastic. Good one, you almost got me. I mean the next thing was going to be the privilege of making your own laws, or the privilege of having a local MP as opposed to a nameless face somewhere in Brussels.

Haha...nice one.

Very realand actually loved the period when we were given special status within a free trading area and kept our laws plus military indeed as you correctly point out our own historical national currency the Sterling plus had the benefits of not being part of Shengens we had it all...................... The best deal in Europe. Now it's all going away along with all our industry and financial groups it's all over and get ready for a mega down turn just so Jingo style outers can proclaim Rule Britannia

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Very real and actually loved the period when we were given special status within a free trading area and kept our laws plus military indeed as you correctly point out our own historical national currency the Sterling

Oh, the belief of the easily led
. The EU is marching towards the removal of the nation state as a coherent force and influence in the hegemony. Free trade, but not in services which is a lynch-pin of the UK economy. Our own laws are secondary to those produced by the EU which have little or not national scrutiny. The EU will move towards a unified military and France and Germany are already talking on that one. Was/is that really so good for the UK?

The best deal in Europe.

Not in agriculture where EU policy (CAP) increases consumer prices and is environmentally destructive and lines the pockets of rich landowners, and the French. Not in money where the UK is a massive net contributor to the EU's budget. Not in fisheries, where EU policy (CFP) has resulted in over-fishing and the desolation once proud fishing communities due to the need to support other European fishing fleets. Not in democracy where the vote of a Maltese citizen has greater weight that a Briton. Not in transparent governance where MEPs expenses are not audited, nor have the EUs accounts ever balanced. ? where do you want me to stop?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join