It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

ah very nice
I recently picked up some Aberfeldy 12 and will raise a glass and hope for the ease of your troubles

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I'm leaving for Canada If they worm their way into staying in the EU and I voted remain.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash
a reply to: stosh64

I'm leaving for Canada If they worm their way into staying in the EU and I voted remain.

I am thinking Ireland, I quite like Dublin but I'll wait to see how things look after Brexit, I wont be making a knee jerk move, although, Canada does sound pretty good.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I've been watching the whole thing unfold on CNN (they've been giving it a lot of coverage lately) and to be totally honest, as hard as I try, I'm not convinced I'm actually 1% sure of what the hell is going on with Brexit.

I hope this isn't too off topic...

Yeah well, let's face it... even I knew a comment like this was inevitable, the second I hit the reply button and realized I'd dropped the CNN bomb!

But just to clarify, their not my sole news source... I was simply pointing out that they've been covering the whole Brexit situation particularly extensively.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've been watching this whole thing with Brexit since the beginning with morbid facination, like not being able to turn away from a horrible train wreck.

After these last 2 articles that the EU passed for the internet (Articles 11 and 13 I believe? Can't remember), I'd be horrified to live in a country where non-elected officials get to simply cram down your throats laws whether you wanted them or not, with absolutely no say by the people in those countries.

I guess one of the reasons I'm watching this, is because our own government here in the US could potentially become like that if certain political elements had their way: basically rip up our constitution.

Seems to me that "1984" is actually happening on a world stage.

Whatever happens, I certainly wish you all well.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

To be fair, we do elect our representatives in the EU, actually the EU elections are part of the problem with the deadline.

Am not fan of article 13 but so far the memes seem safe today

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not really a surprise, now its confirmed we will remain in the EU until 12 of April. A short delay.

What is interesting is that 105 voted against this motion that is 105 MPs who have basically said they support a no-deal Brexit, makes the numbers a bit clearer these are the 105 MPs who are the hardest Brexiteers.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Live updates
May wins vote on order delaying Brexit by majority of 336
MPs have backed the statutory instrument changing Brexit date in the EU Withdrawal Act by 441 votes to 105 - a majority of 336.

Trez', has won a vote !

Just as well; my reading of the state of things is that the UK could still have crashed out on Friday at 11pm
It's one thing for Tusk or Juncker saying, yeah we're cool with an extension, but it had to be ratified by the MP's

There's no stomach for a no deal crash 'n' burn, nor for the May crap-deal

Who asked earlier about an accompaning drink .... ShooterB !
For the last week i've been working through bottles of the red stuff from France and Italy

Avoid the Bulgarian anti-freeze, it'll make you go blind ... at best

edit on 27-3-2019 by Cassi3l because: Speaker has walked out suspending proceedings until the indicative votes are counted. But Tories are furiously pointing to the mace, still in its place, and trying to encourage deputy speaker Eleanor Laing to take the chair. Which would be a parliamentary take over...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the Brexit mess was the governments plan all along. They never wanted it in the first place. What better way to have the public have doubt in leaving the EU by making a massive shambles of it. They wanted to sway the publics opinion and have done so by having MPs and the public think 'what a mess this is' and basically getting people to think why did we bother in the first place

It may also be a example for other nations that would consider leaving, seeing the mess it's made in the U.K. Will now possibly make other countries think 'damn Brexit is a mess perhaps we should stay in the EU to avoid it'

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well that as a total cluster-#.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

On this, at least we can agree.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

And there we go, 150 Tories are willing to send the UK over the abyss...

You must have seen Alyn Smith's empassioned "Leave the light on" speech ?
A-mazing : the DUP and the SNP are the only ones struggling to save the 'Union'

That's something that Brexiters don't understand
If the UK breaks away from the EU
The UK, as we've known it, will be disolved shortly after

That's one hell of a legacy for May (and Cameron)
Far worse than Bla.... that other tosspot who should be housed in the Hague

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

On this, at least we can agree.

Jesus look at them they're going nuts!

Interesting that the peoples vote got the most votes, a loss to be sure but it got the most votes
edit on 27-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, if it were me, I'd be rushing to leave the EU after passing articles 11 and 13....

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Glad every traitorous option was rejected - especially the disgusting option of a 2nd vote (a clear attempt to override the Peoples Vote in 2016)

That is twice now that a 2nd referendum vote has failed. May's deal is not allowed to come back to the floor, so I expect that the traitors will not be allowed to bring their nonsense 2nd referendum vote back to the floor.

May's deal will also not go through.

No Deal Brexit - the best option, is still there, just a few days later. That is what people voted for.
edit on 27/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Can you explain how the UK will be dissolved by leaving the UK?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Can you explain how the UK will be dissolved by leaving the UK?

errr is that a typo...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The indicative votes are in
FUBAR

Are there any adults in the house ?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

peoples vote got the most votes

The leavers won't like that one, one iota

Ultimately, it will have to go that way once an acceptable 'solution' is found
It's one thing to vote leave, but the public need to be aware of leave really means
And that doesn't mean 340 million going to the NHS

Are people so un-aware that a crash 'n' burn no deal
means turning back the clock 50yrs ?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It actually got more votes than even Mays deal.

Personally I think the way these indicative votes have been done was a joke, it should have been the government doing this not parliament forcing it. There are a lot of abstentions.

Whats clear though is that the second referendum is the most popular option in parliament and it has growing popularity among the people of the UK. If no clear deal can be agreed upon then I believe that they should go with what has the most votes even if thats not a majority.

I think we might have gotten a step closer to a second referendum tonight although its still a long way away and a slim possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join