It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't really believe anyone in the country is actually 100% sure of what the hell is really going on with Brexit anymore but tonight promises to be a interesting night.

May has already came out and said that after this phase of the Brexit negotiations are over she will leave, this basically guarantees then that May will quit probably within the next 4-6 weeks or even earlier depending on what happens.

The House right now is voting on several so called indicative votes which include everything from full on revoking of article 50, a vote that is essentially a second referendum the Mallthouse plan B agreement and a host of others.

Looks like a interesting few hours coming up.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I don't really believe anyone in the country is actually 100% sure of what the hell is really going on with Brexit anymore...

I've been watching the whole thing unfold on CNN (they've been giving it a lot of coverage lately) and to be totally honest, as hard as I try, I'm not convinced I'm actually 1% sure of what the hell is going on with Brexit.

The whole thing just seems like a self inflicted wound, from my perspective... With no actual obvious positive benefit in sight.

What was even the point to begin with?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If article 50 is revoked I hope parliament burns...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's like death by a thousand cuts.

RiP Brexit.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

As the only man worth listening to (Johnathan Pie) said, where the # is guy fox!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

As the only man worth listening to (Johnathan Pie) said, where the # is guy fox!

Indeed
edit on 27-3-2019 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Remember, remember, the fifth of Mayvember,
the Brexit treason and plot.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I wish I could say he was on every street corner- in every livingroom.

He's in every single citizen willing to risk their lives for their country.
Unfortunately, those kinds of people are few and far between.

The people spoke- and they've been ignored.
The talks have failed, it's time to act- but nobody will.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I just say someone tweet this and it sums up the undemocratic mess that is our entire political establishment.

So May is going to quit after this, that means that our future of with the EU is essentially being dictated by 160,000 Tory members. You can be guaranteed after that they wont support a general election.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Does it matter who follows May ?
Different face but It will still be one of Them.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For Remainers....is this what you want to attach yourselves too?

"The unemployment rate in the Eurozone was recorded at 8.2% in July of 2018, and in the wider EU it was 6.8%. However, this masks the fact that only Germany has a really low rate at 3.4%. In France, Italy and Spain the rates are 9.1%, 10.4% and 15.3% respectively. Greece still struggles at 19.1% and for comparison the UK rate is 4.0% and, in the U.S. just 3.9%"

"Across the Eurozone the level of Debt:GDP stands at 86.7%. A far cry from the 60% limit that was established by the deeply flawed Stability and Growth Pact. The lowest level of debt in the major economies is found in Germany at 64.1%, in contrast one finds France 97.0%, Spain 98.3%, Italy 131.8% and of course, despite all the austerity and bailout cash Greece stands at 178.6%. Again, for reference the UK carries a burden of 85.3% and the U.S. is at 105.4%."

www.forbes.com...

Only Germany and the UK seem to be keeping the EU out of a recession.

Germany's two biggest banks are in merger talks as they have yet to recover from 2008.

edit on 27-3-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Does it matter who follows May ?
Different face but It will still be one of Them.

To be honest one of the Prince Philips turds could be sitting in her chair and I dont think it would really make any difference.

My only point is how undemocratic this whole mess is when we have 160,000 who are basically going to be choosing the fate of the country.

To be clear I totally get thats how our parliamentary system works but that doesn't make it right in my view
edit on 27-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't really believe anyone in the country is actually 100% sure of what the hell is really going on

I think I do. Our MPs are conspiring to prevent the UK from leaving the EU in contravention of the referendum.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I got you fam,

Lol

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

She will leave right after she finishes screwing with Brexit.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

but tonight promises to be a interesting night

any specific beverage of choice to follow the happenings this evening?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

but tonight promises to be a interesting night

any specific beverage of choice to follow the happenings this evening?

Right now am about 3 drams deep into a nice bottle of Talisker.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I don't really believe anyone in the country is actually 100% sure of what the hell is really going on

I think I do. Our MPs are conspiring to prevent the UK from leaving the EU in contravention of the referendum.

I suppose we shouldnt be surprised when the almost complete

MP's from ALL sides are remainers ....... They were never going

to honour the will of the people.

Shame on them for even thinking they know whats best for the

people they are supposed to represent

If any of them worked for a company they would have been sacked

long ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I've been watching the whole thing unfold on CNN (they've been giving it a lot of coverage lately) and to be totally honest, as hard as I try, I'm not convinced I'm actually 1% sure of what the hell is going on with Brexit.

I hope this isn't too off topic OSOTC, if so

How can anyone watch only CNN and expect to come away with any sense of what is really happening. Before anyone gets too upset, I would say the same about only watching FOX or any MSM propaganda (news) channel from the magic picture box.

Read as many sources as you can. If you MUST watch TV, switch the channel frequently, and not between CNN and MSNBC.

It is really disturbing to think of people that get their 'news (propaganda) from only one source (CNN) having a say in anything (voting).
end rant:
As far as Brexit it is very sad to see how far the British Gov. will go to override the will of the people.

If you guys end up remaining you deserve to be ruled by an unelected oligarchy from the EU.
edit on 3 27 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Where is King Charlie when we need him ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join