It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Started Rebuilding Key Missile-Test Facilities, Analysts Say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Strange times.

The GOP is calling for love and peace with NK and war with Venezuela.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

And remember, if Trump fails, YOU WIN!!! what prizes do we have to the America haters? Well, we have a lovely vacation to SCORCHED EARTH venues, and the aftermath of global thermal nuclear war!!!

Keep up the good fight sport! Perhaps you will get your wish and Trump will fail to stave off a war!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Strange times.

The GOP is calling for love and peace with NK and war with Venezuela.

Who is calling for war with anyone? Please back that up.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pull Kim out again, PO him so that he shows his hand and locations. No more President Trump, send VP Mike Pence from now on to talk or negotiate. Showing a lesser importance of Kim's position to the US. Load up South Korea with missiles and blockade the waters/sea. and say.. "Now what do you want to do" parlay or play games.

The time of treating Kim like a honorable man is over, the real tyrant is exposed. How you want to play it. Israel has given us 'Iron Dome' capability, and we have quite enough of our own tech. North Korea could be fish in a barrel really. And take out Kim and all associates/generals.

I think Kim would fold, his hand is junk cards.
That is if his blubber don't kill him first with a stroke or heart attack.... just saying...

Oh, and the hyperbolic flourishes and colorful dialogue is always charming..!

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Pull Kim out again, PO him so that he shows his hand and locations. No more President Trump, send VP Mike Pence from now on to talk or negotiate. Showing a lesser importance of Kim's position to the US. Load up South Korea with missiles and blockade the waters/sea. and say.. "Now what do you want to do" parlay or play games.

The time of treating Kim like a honorable man is over, the real tyrant is exposed. How you want to play it. Israel has given us 'Iron Dome' capability, and we have quite enough of our own tech. North Korea could be fish in a barrel really. And take out Kim and all associates/generals.

I think Kim would fold, his hand is junk cards.
That is if his blubber don't kill him first with a stroke or heart attack.... just saying...

Oh, and the hyperbolic flourishes and colorful dialogue is always charming..!

He is a bad man. Fairly sure we can all agree on that point but don't forget we have 30,000 troops in South Korea. It's easy to imagine an easy war but I assure you
that no war is easy.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
We all get you hate trump. Why do you trust this NYT article and source? Because it supports your opinion and cites NOTHING? Show me proof of this total failure. I saw two parties walk away from the summit say we both didn't get what we are looking for, let's talk another day. THAT progress in my book. When things actually go bad you can be as nasty as you want, until then leave the adult talk to the grown ups.
reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

The last 50 years of nth Korea / American relations is what I base my opinion on, not some dumb media article.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So much for the "Trump got rid of their missile program, and blah, blah.". Quite a few knew that wasn't true though.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And remember, if Trump fails, YOU WIN!!! what prizes do we have to the America haters? Well, we have a lovely vacation to SCORCHED EARTH venues, and the aftermath of global thermal nuclear war!!!

Keep up the good fight sport! Perhaps you will get your wish and Trump will fail to stave off a war!!!

What is it like to live in your binary world? There are only ever two options to any problem apparently.

I don’t want the president of my country to fail. Especially when it come to delicate foreign relation issues. However, if my president does make our country look foolish on a national stage I will criticize them. Not because I want them to fail but because I want him to do better for this country.

I think Trump did great by reopening the discussion with North Korea, that was great. He messed up when he decided to go into the discussion without any other advisors. Talking nuclear disarmament is too important to rest on the shoulders of just one man.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Does anyone still buy this crap? We get it, the media hates the President.

American Politics is a divided place right now, (and yes, it's as bad over here in the UK) you've got the Media/Holywood and the majority of the Political Left on one side trashing everything Trump says and does and the NRA, Right Wing Media and the Political Right on the other hero worshipping him and acting like he can do no wrong. The middle ground is where the truth hides.

Obvioisly we can't be sure what's going on but if this report is true it doesn't seem like L'il Kim respects Trump at all...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: Anathros
I love how you peace-loving Democrats became the party of Warhawks the moment President Trump began working towards peace on the Korean Peninsula.

Trump is focused on preventing World War Three while you're focused on continuing World War Reeeee!

And Republicans have selective memory it appears.

If you can't remember both parties have been trying to open dialogue with NK for decades but lil Kim's father didn't want to talk. If anyone is to be commended for the treaties it's lil Kim, he agreed to the talks unlike his father. But once again Trump will take the credit.

wow
It never ceases to amaze me the pure anti trump BS people like you spew without any regard to the FACTS.
but what is even more amazing is that your claims can EASILY be disproved with a MINIMUM FEW SECONDS of google search.

lets take your rant as a case study.
You claim "both parties" have been trying to open a dialog with NK but it wasnt until the current leader father (died specifically) was not in the picture that his son agreed to talks.

Ok now THE FACTS

The current leader has held absolute power since 1998.

He had AMPLE OPPORTUNITY to open dialog and talk of treaties.

over several administrations of BOTH parties but most importantly a democrat known as OBAMA

all of them who all the "talks" were consisted of
a. threats of violence to SK, japan and/or other allies in the area.
B. firing some test missiles and/or nuke test.
c. we threaten sanctions and strongly worded protests. Maybe some military show of force like exercises (which we do yearly so no surprise) and/or some aircraft or ships in the area.
D. he does A and/or B again.
e. We backdown on the sanctions , remove them, give "aid" or all three for PROMISE not to do A and B again.

then he REPEATS the whole thing again with same results.

In short threaten, some action then get what he wants... On US taxpayer dime.

along with ZERO (outside of threats) direct dialog with SK

until trump was elected and took office.

He tried the same thing.

Trump (bluntly) told him if he did any direct attacks (be nuke or not) to the SK or our allies he would respond with full military force. He then instituted sanctions.

NK blustered, the press screamed, democrats said he was trying to start WWIII.

well what happened....

NK hasn't tested one missile in over 400 days. All nuke tests STOPPED. They are DIRECTLY COMMUNICATING WITH USA AND SK.

NOT ONE TAXPAYER DIME GIVEN TO THEM.

All we did was not have the yearly military exercise with SK. Something that also saves us money and can be restarted ANYTIME.

Trump offered to negotiate a deal of no nukes in korea . He ACCEPTED ... note ACCEPTED NOT INITIATED .

At this meeting trump didnt get the deal and the sanctions STAYED IN PLACE.
along with NOT ONE THREAT FROM NK.

So your whole comment on trump not being the instigator of this and it was all NK is pure bullcookies.

so now I suspect being shown your not truthful in any way you will resort to usual canned well used comment from the official list.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times --- NK will never disarm. They'll manipulate the hell out of the diplomatic attempts & gain what they want/need, then revert.

I have my theories on what any tangible gain(s) could be, but at face value, it seems they're feigning diplomacy to buy time & likely for program rebuilding.
And I gotta admit, doing it on a world stage in front of the press? Impressive amount of salt in the wound there. Being played as a fool and publicly humiliated as one is as embarrassing as it gets for top level diplomacy.

I don't think Trump or anyone else is embarrassed or humiliated in spite of the Democrat spin going on...Trump knows what he's dealing with...The Norks have gotten nothing from Trump...And if they mess with Trump, they will get something...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Disagreeing with how trump handles foreign relations is equivalent to wanting your plane (country) to crash?

Seems like an issue with trump supporters if you can't take criticism and have to say "orange man bad" at everything.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Yea I doubt Kim would go down without a fight. Shelling SK cities with artillery, to God knows what else. Kim is pretty much evil and I'm not sure we could do much without pissing off China or getting South Korea civilians killed.

I don't know if trump is acting, but compliments like how much Kim's people love him were hard to hear. Even if trump is trying flattery to build relations, it's not fun to hear the POTUS openly praise a brutal dictator.
edit on 7-3-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Good for them. Why is that only China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and the United States should have nuclear weapons? If anyone has em, all should have em.

because the traditional nuclear powers don't broadcast their desire to kill millions of innocent people in nuclear fire(india and pakistan are not the best examples of tolerance).

the traditional players don't actually shoot their tests over or near another country, NK terrorized the citizens of Japan with one of their tests. Granted no military power has a perfect track record but as a whole North Korea is untrustworthy and unpredictable.

North Korea shows on their national networks them attacking America with nuclear and with threats of bio/chemical weapons, and they endoctonate their children to believe America and Americans are the embodiment of evil.

their whole system of government is based on the leaders perceived grasp on power, and that makes the situation very unstable and dangerous. If the leader gets backed into a corner and looks weak or has a possibility of being ousted DRAMATICALLY increases the risk of a nuclear conflict.

they also treat their own citizens like dirt and execute them at the drop of a hat, or imprison 3 generations of a family for very very slight infractions.

over all NK can not be trusted with weapons that in the other powers hand will never be used(again), the possibility of NK using them is very very real and should be limited in their ability to deliver nuclear weapons as much as possible
edit on 7-3-2019 by penroc3 because: grasp

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
Trump offered to negotiate a deal of no nukes in korea . He ACCEPTED ... note ACCEPTED NOT INITIATED.

Correct, this was from the first meeting...

At this meeting trump didnt get the deal and the sanctions STAYED IN PLACE.
along with NOT ONE THREAT FROM NK

Actually, I read somewhere (seemed fairly authoritative) that the problem was Kim's advisors convinced him Trump was weak and he could get sanctions lifted immediately, before anything was agreed to.

Trump tried to sway him, but he held firm, and Trump said 'NO DEAL and walked.

I have read that Kim is now trying very hard to get another meeting.

Trump is boss, and punked Kim.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You know it is coming. News media has us looking the other way and will be reporting shark attacks soon instead of what we should really be alerted to.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Has any other president in the last 70 years done more than Trump, or better than Trump regarding North Korea?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Good for them. Why is that only China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and the United States should have nuclear weapons? If anyone has em, all should have em.

No, only America should have them. America first. What do you think Africa would do with a nuke? Mexico?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I see you as this...

You'll burn your own house down because orange man bad.

At the end of the day, you're just mentally unwell and a symptom of what is wrong with our society now.

Keep posting though, as an example of what an American shouldn't be.

Yep, they'll even wrap a noose around their own neck and blame it on Trump supporters.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join