It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCPD makes felony arrest in assault caught on video on UC Berkeley campus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Even more so when they can’t see that the blame lies on both sides, not just the side you’re against.

This is such a chicken# excuse it doesn't even rise to the level of pathetic.

Come down of your high horse for a minute to see that in this particular case, we had man who was assaulted simply due to the fact of the ideology he represented without provocation.

Unless you can somehow show that Mr. Williams threw the first punch and Mr. Greenberg was defending himself against an unjust attack, your position here is absolute bull#. I suspect, though, if that were the case, Mr. Williams would be the person in custody immediately after the altercation.
edit on 2-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Are you arguing there were some good Nazi and the good Nazi shouldn't be smeared in reputation by the bad ones...

I cannot believe you even went there, seriously? Is your brainwashed mind so far gone that you have to resort to twisting someone's words THAT much just to defend you own warped perspective?

Well, that exposes your level of depravity for all to see now.

Congratulations.... Here's your participation trophy, it's all you deserve for that remark.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you are going to put yourself in a potentialy dangerous situation, you should at the very least know some basic self defense skills. If someone takes a swing at me, eye gouge.. throat punch... done... next...oh, and you don’t need to be fit to do this.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you witnessed that attack and ran up and sucker punched the attacker would you get In trouble.

In reality i would think it's ok to attack those who attack others.

But In politically correct land. I would think sucker punching the attacker would land you in jail.

Probably receive a worse penalty then the attacker?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
DBTF

edit on 3/2/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Technically?

Or in practice??

Technically, under the law, if someone ran up and wontonly beat the crap out of the perp, it would be assault just like the perp did on the victim. Now, if a witness attempted to detain them under a "citizen's arrest" scenario and the perp resisted, that might be viewed quite a bit differently by an 'unbiased' jury.

However, in practice, chances are the video footage probably would have magically disappeared...if justice had been adequately served (i.e. the coward perp got the snot kicked out of him).

Just sayin'.

edit on 3/2/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I had to ask because this is a strange time where some people are attempting to twist reality to suit their bias. Right wingers are trying to paint themselves as poor innocent victims and some will twist history to try and prove it, at this point some are writing their own reality.

Anyhow thanks for clarifying, you're for the most part quite level in your posting and the way you worded that just threw me a little.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

And don't EVEN try to go there, not with me!

If it helps any I completely understood what you meant with your previous post and anyone with a lick of intelligence does as well. All he's doing is trying to twist your words around to make you look bad. I would personally recommend ignoring him if he continues to do that, because he's smart enough to know better.

I so wish I was as smart as you are, that way I could just call everyone else stupid, while kicking them from my high horse. ...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Are you arguing there were some good Nazi and the good Nazi shouldn't be smeared in reputation by the bad ones...

I cannot believe you even went there, seriously? Is your brainwashed mind so far gone that you have to resort to twisting someone's words THAT much just to defend you own warped perspective?

Well, that exposes your level of depravity for all to see now.

Congratulations.... Here's your participation trophy, it's all you deserve for that remark.

Now I realise its a confusing time for you and you are in a constant state of fear and anxiety, I asked him a question, no need to lose your #, calm down and get a grip.
edit on 2-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Tell me then, why are you calling the left nazis then? And if you aren’t personally doing it, why are your fellow comrades doing it? And why don’t you get triggered by them if it’s so important to you?

What high brow answer do you have for that eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hey genius. I said right at the beginning it’s good he’s been charged.

You and your little star gang are so caught up in being triggered and desperate to be right, all critical thought has been thrown out the window.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh and by the way MATE....

substitute the word "conservative" or "Republican" for jew, black, Muslim

I didn’t start the over the top nonsense. I even called it out and got blasted for it.

So back the hell off!

edit on 2/3/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So back the hell off!

Lol, people are in your head and not even paying rent, relax.

Politics seems a little too much for you, maybe you should stick to trying to debunk alien bases and flying saucers.

I’ve never seen you get this worked up...it’s funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That doesn't really answer my question...

That's ok because no one in America has been attacked by a nazi for a long time.

Really? I guess that would depend on your definition of "Nazi." Are these Nazis beholden to Adolph Hitler? No, they might not even like the guy. Do they subscribe to the same ideology that the Nazi Party under Hitler subscribed to? YES!

That's what I refer to, and yes, someone in America has been attacked by one of those Nazis very recently:

Also just remember, they may think you're a nazi too.

Then they would be wrong. I am not physically attacking others for political disagreements. I have no control over what someone else thinks, only over what I think. The Nazis under Hitler likely all thought they were in the right as well.

Get some holocaust survivors to agree with you and I may change my tune though...

Just as soon as you find some American Revolution participants to tell us what really happened.

Or as soon as you find some fish living in the Sahara Desert... might be easier...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

to your reply to redneck on bail ca got rid of most types of bail , if its a felony they dont let you out if its not they just let you out usually

www.npr.org...

Under the California law those arrested and charged with a crime won't be putting up money or borrowing it from a bail bond agent to obtain their release. Instead, local courts will decide who to keep in custody and whom to release while they await trial. Those decisions will be based on an algorithm created by the courts in each jurisdiction.n most nonviolent misdemeanor cases, defendants would be released within 12 hours. In other instances, defendants will be scored on how likely they are to show up for their court date, the seriousness of their crime, and the likelihood of recidivism. Some people could be released on other conditions, including monitoring by GPS or regular check-ins with an officer. The goal of the legislation is to eliminate human bias in court proceedings, but critics argue the new system that will be created by the courts runs the risk of perpetuating discrimination.
so he will either get NO bail or just be released? guess its up to the algorithm

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

And your initial comment on it being good that he was arrested excuses all of your subsequent behavior why, again?

As far as the stars go, I'm supposed to do what, pay my bills with them?

I couldn't care less about some minor kudos on a website, but apparently it angers you for...reasons?

The point is, many on the left in America are increasingly resorting to violence merely because they are otherwise incapable of getting their point across any other way and as a result of that violence are aligning their actions with those in the past who do not have a good name at all.

History shows us what happens where violence merely for ideology's sake leads us and it is not a pretty picture.

If they don't want the continued association with those people, maybe they want to change their actions?
edit on 2-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: where not when

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
President Trump announced today that he's signing an Executive Order directed at all U.S. colleges and universities.

"Allow free speech on your college campus, or lose Federal research dollars".

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The man has no sense of irony and, once again, demonstrates his ignorance of the Constitution.

edit on 3/2/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Constitution allows suppression of free speech?

Where does it say that again? I must have missed it.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I guess the T&Cs of this website must violate the Constitution.

Or not.

edit on 3/2/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join