It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-Third of Swedish Girls Exposed to Sex Offences in 2017 - Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Out of the Swedish population aged 16-84, 6.4 percent claimed to have been subjected to sexual offenses in 2017. Over the past decade, this percentage has increased significantly.

The increase was steepest among women, having doubled in the years 2015-2017. Today, 10.7 of Swedish women report having been exposed to sexual offences, compared to 1.6 percent of men. In 2006, by contrast, sexual abuse was reported by only 2.5 percent of women and 0.4 percent of men.

Young women in the 16-24 age bracket turned out to be the most exposed group, having experienced a rise in sexual offence from 7.1 percent in 2006 to 34.4 percent in 2017.

Now one third of young woman in Sweden experience rape

Sweden is busy harvesting the blessings of failed immigration, Young women in the 16-24 age bracket turned out to be the most exposed group, having experienced a rise in sexual offence from 7.1 percent in 2006 to 34.4 percent in 2017.

Sweden have decided to ignore the immigration problems and now suffer the consequences.

Shootings in the country have become so common that they don’t make top headlines anymore, unless they are spectacular or lead to fatalities.

The rising levels of violence have not gone unnoticed by Sweden’s Scandinavian neighbors. Norwegians commonly use the phrase “Swedish conditions” to describe crime and social unrest. The view from Denmark was made clear when former President of NATO and Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said in an interview on Swedish TV: “I often use Sweden as a deterring example.”

The government’s excuse for denying the Islamic terrorist attack in Sweden is that no Islamic group has officially claimed responsibility. Given the importance these days of fighting fake news, the Swedish government’s tampering with politically inconvenient facts looks particularly irresponsible.

sputniknews.com...
edit on 18-1-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2019 by Blaine91555 because: Title edited

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If true...very disturbing.
Is it proven all these new rapists are recent immigrants to Sweden?

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Out of the Swedish population aged 16-84, 6.4 percent claimed to have been subjected to sexual offenses in 2017. Over the past decade, this percentage has increased significantly.

The increase was steepest among women, having doubled in the years 2015-2017. Today, 10.7 of Swedish women report having been exposed to sexual offences, compared to 1.6 percent of men. In 2006, by contrast, sexual abuse was reported by only 2.5 percent of women and 0.4 percent of men.

Young women in the 16-24 age bracket turned out to be the most exposed group, having experienced a rise in sexual offence from 7.1 percent in 2006 to 34.4 percent in 2017.

Now one third of young woman in Sweden experience rape

Sweden is busy harvesting the blessings of failed immigration, Young women in the 16-24 age bracket turned out to be the most exposed group, having experienced a rise in sexual offence from 7.1 percent in 2006 to 34.4 percent in 2017.

Sweden have decided to ignore the immigration problems and now suffer the consequences.

Shootings in the country have become so common that they don’t make top headlines anymore, unless they are spectacular or lead to fatalities.

The rising levels of violence have not gone unnoticed by Sweden’s Scandinavian neighbors. Norwegians commonly use the phrase “Swedish conditions” to describe crime and social unrest. The view from Denmark was made clear when former President of NATO and Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said in an interview on Swedish TV: “I often use Sweden as a deterring example.”

The government’s excuse for denying the Islamic terrorist attack in Sweden is that no Islamic group has officially claimed responsibility. Given the importance these days of fighting fake news, the Swedish government’s tampering with politically inconvenient facts looks particularly irresponsible.

sputniknews.com...

just found an article from 2009. it says: most rapes in the european union are happening in sweden.

www.welt.de...

link   
One third of a woman?

Was it like from the knees down, or something?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
if I recall Sweden changed the law of what constitutes a sex crime

Sweden approves new law recognising sex without consent as rape

Under the previous legislation, prosecutors had to prove that the perpetrator had used violence or that the victim had been exploited in a vulnerable condition, such as under the influence of alcohol, in order to secure a rape conviction.

lets hope that is the reason and not that more women are being subjected to this horrendous crime
edit on 18-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That's horrible. Ship the migrants back. Offer them aid or protection in their own country of origin. It doesn't make single women want to go see Sweden on a trip. Economic loss. I bet women are moving away from Sweden. They are invaded by foreign cultures. Another reason for building the wall between Mexico and the USA. Any Democrat that opposes this really is a DumbAxx. You cant fix stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My wife would give someone 1/3 of a 9mm.....

I honestly dont know how a country can let their women be tormented so much.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because rapes never happen in the USA.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

That's ignorant. It's about this thing call numbers. Frequency, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

originally posted by: Jefferton

That's ignorant. It's about this thing call numbers. Frequency, etc.

Sure it is. Sure it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Original headline: One-Third of Swedish Girls Exposed to Sex Offences

YOUR headline: Now 1 in 3 of young woman in Sweden experience rape

Not the same and you know it ! From the article:

"It is important to keep in mind that sexual offence is a broad crime category that encompasses a wide range of crimes. Everything from milder offences such as sexist comments, to very serious crimes such as rape," 

The sexual offences and those who commit them are disgusting - so is your highly manipulative and misleading headline!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

If we are to believe gillette's new commercial, then cat calls are a serious problem.

So which is it?
Women are bigly victims in America?
Women in Sweden are overreacting?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sounds like 1/3 experience blanket sexual misconduct, it doesn't say what percentage are assault or rape.

I also didn't see anything solidly implying immigrants (though there is an argument these numbers are rising with the increasing of immigration).

You're putting the cart before the horse. Society as a whole is going through a morality crisis while struggling with technological advances and detachment from community.

This OP was sloppy and disingenuous in my opinion. Presenting possibilities as fact.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Someone asked if it is the immigrants doing this? Seriously?
Look up some of the "rapes stats" in places like Afghanistan, or Latin America for that matter.
Wake up world, these people are not coming here to be Swedes, or Germans, or Americans, or Italians, they are coming to end your way of life, period.
Y'all have had it too good for too long and the "globalists" are here to put a stop to it
If you can't see that you ain't looking very hard, or looking at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Horrific and undoubtedly true, given the conservative way that most poll's are conducted and estimated the real figure is probably far higher.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
One third of a woman?

Was it like from the knees down, or something?

No one else has pulled you up on this completely disgusting joke so I shall.

What if it was,

Your Sister.
Your Daughter.
Your Aunt.
Your Niece.
Your Cousin.
Your Friend.
Your Wife.

Grow up.

Have you ever seen what rape does to someone, it can ruin there entire lives.

edit on 18-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just as an overall note, I would be willing to bet that the actual rate of occurrence isn't represented by these numbers.

I'd be willing to bet (yes this is speculation) that the actual reporting of incidents has gone up.

A few decades ago was a different time, and at least in America there was a level of tolerance with certain forms of sexual misconduct. We as a society have started being more open that it's not OK, and encouraging women to report this.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I am pretty sure that these new rapists are indeed from the immigrant migration waves that had happened recently. But whats more shocking even if a migrant has committed crime or rape in Sweden that crime is being covered up for political reasons.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I am pretty sure that these new rapists are indeed from the immigrant migration waves that had happened recently. But whats more shocking even if a migrant has committed crime or rape in Sweden that crime is being covered up for political reasons.

Pretty sure? Followed by even if it were immigrants, you speculate that Sweden is covering it up.

Let's just get this part out of the way, this topic has been used for years (Sweden specifically) as a rally call against immigration. I'll be honest, there are aspects we need to openly discuss if we want to improve our societies. But to conflate two numbers and just say "well they're both rising, so its clearly one is the cause of the other" is lazy. I'm not saying that isn't the case, but I am saying it isn't proven yet.

Why do I take this approach? Because to fix problems you have to address the root. They may be part of the problem but not as the whole, they may be a symptom of a problem societies are experiencing together.

I'll close with this, many who use this as a political example don't even care, they use these women as pawns. The reason I say this is because I never see people who point out "immigrant rapists in Europe" being honest enough to say, "s###, this might be America's fault".

These vast waves of immigrants mainly from the Middle East have been leaving war torn countries, countries who we've destabilized even though the sovereign governments themselves never attacked us. While many would find that as irrelevant or unpatriotic boarder-lining America bashing, I see it as pertinent to anyone actually trying to identify and address problems.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe in Sweden touching someone arse cheek through a pair of thickly padded overalls is considered rape.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join