It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where and How Should President Trump Deliver the 2019 State-of-the-Union Address.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Even though the U.S. Senate will be voting on two bills to re-open the government tomorrow, apparently noone believes either bill will get 60 votes..including President Trump.

President Donald Trump is preparing for two different State of the Union speeches – one a more traditional address delivered to Congress in the House chamber or some other location in D.C., the other prepared for a political rally at a location outside of Washington, D.C. that has yet to be determined, according to multiple sources familiar with the planning.

If the president decides to deliver a speech in rally form, it would mark the first rally style event the president has attended since the partial shutdown began.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
January 23, 2019

UPDATE: President Trump Accepts Nancy Pelosi's invitation to deliver the SOTU address at the U.S. House, next Tuesday.
twitter.com...
edit on 1/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 23, 2019

UPDATE: President Trump Accepts Nancy Pelosi's invitation to deliver the SOTU address at the U.S. House, next Tuesday.
twitter.com...

Let's see how hateful and petty Pelosi really is. She will await her orders from Big Donor George, I'm sure.

Officially recorded. www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just heard on radio: Pelosi tells Trump he can NOT come to "Her House" to deliver the SOTU next Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is going to get sticky for sure.

That is not Nancy Pelosi's house, it is The People's House. But, I think she probably can refuse him, but it would be wrong for her to do so just to prove that she can.

A San Francisco politician with her own private agenda, tells the American People she's not going to let the POTUS address the people and their representatives from "her" house...smh

The American People need to let her know whose house it really belongs to.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is going to get sticky for sure.

Honestly? This can't really get sticky. They are currently arguing over a traditional aspect of the State of the Union, not a legal aspect of it.

If I was Trump? I would deliver it in an envelope and give a speech wherever about whatever I felt like at the time of the speech.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

not a legal aspect of it.

That part in Trump's reply to NP's letter where he said "a contract is a contract" has me thinking there actually may be a legal aspect.

edit on 23-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
That part in Trump's reply to NP's letter where he said "a contract is a contract" has me thinking there actually may be a legal aspect.

The only legal aspect is that the State of the Union must be given.

Although it is common today, to be delivered verbally, and was even done so by the first Presidents, from 1801 to 1912 the report was written and read aloud by a clerk.

edit on 23-1-2019 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

With television and internet, the American People expect to watch the POTUS' SOTU live. There is no excuse for not allowing this, but Pelosi controls the House, and it seems she doesn't give a squat about the People.

That's okay. The president will make sure we hear his speech, wherever he chooses to give it.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Lol, I am the opposite. The speech should never happen, as it is nothing more than campaigning. In my opinion, it should always be a formal written report, submitted by a fixed date.

The fewer pedestals that politicos have to campaign from...the better.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join