It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where and How Should President Trump Deliver the 2019 State-of-the-Union Address.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Naw, just means that you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation. But troll on and be close to your safe place! Yell maaaaaaa real load so she can hear you, enjoy!a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Putin should deliver it from the kremlin, it’s painfully obvious he’s in charge of this administration.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Deliver the SOTU at the US - Mexico border. Bonus points if the cameras see someone trying to cross.

Deliver it at a street in Nancy Pelosi's district. Be sure to get footage of needles and feces on the sidewalk.

Deliver it at a steel mill.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If YOU want President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address, do you think he should ignore Pelosi/Hoyer and speak in the U.S. House Chamber on Tuesday, January 29, 2019? (Can he legally do that?)

No.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Deliver it on the floor of the US Senate. If D’s don’t show fill their seats with Republican Congressional Reps.

Or, the Superbowl

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
At the Superbowl during halftime show

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The State of the Union speech is on Jan 29. Trump plans to have the government reopened by then. That is probably why he hasn't responded yet.

Holding the speech in the Senate is a good alternative, but it doesn't look good for the President to be prevented from the traditional forum.

It's supposed to be the People's House. Not Nancy Pelosi's, and the People want the State of the Union held.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Duh...Twitter of course.

That's YOUR choice? errrr...ok.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yes. The President can deliver the annual State of the Union speech from the White House. Though I like it better when he's standing an animated. Sitting at his Oval Office desk makes Trump looks/sound traditional...aka "boring".

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
If I were President Trump, I'd give the STOU in the House just to twist the screws on pelosi and hoyer.

But if the majority vote and don't want him there, I don't think he should force the issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If Trump gave into Pelosi’s idea of no SOTU during the shutdown, the shutdown would continue another two years.

This morning, the consensus is building that President Trump should speak in the U.S. SENATE chamber.
thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If YOU want President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address, do you think he should ignore Pelosi/Hoyer and speak in the U.S. House Chamber on Tuesday, January 29, 2019? (Can he legally do that?)

Article 2
Section 3

He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States

He can convene both the House and the Senate to deliver the State of the Union Address, which is technically what the president does every single time. What’s more, he can adjourn either or both do to disagreements...like say a big old wall project to be located somewhere for means of security.

Nancy is dancing on some mighty thin ice. An adjourned House means even if they had Trump dead to rights on impeachment charges, they can’t start them out of session for other matters...like say a big old wall to be located somewhere for means of security.

Yep...keep on poking the bear, Madam Speaker. What is the worst that could happen?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Duh...Twitter of course.

I reckon he should do it at the superbowl halftime show, There would be no better way to maximize his coverage, let's just hope he doesn't go Janet Jackson and show a little too much flesh.

The Superbowl is the most globally viewed event of the year. But I don't think people would appreciate being "cheated" out of seeing a popular musician.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Rand Paul has suggested he make the address from The Senate.
I like that idea!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The law states he must give a state of the Union, so perhaps since Trump is interested in doing something different, how about he go back to the time when such a report would be sent to Congress in written form?

It was how such was done in the past, the President did not go into that chamber, sent a written report and that was all.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Maroon 5 or Trump? Hmmm....

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How about at his desk. If the government shutdown can't afford politicians to travel by military aircraft, I'm not sure how hosting this anywhere that requires money spent on security and so on makes any more sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I say the Oval Office in the White House would be just fine.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
From a McDonald's parking lot, while washing a hamberder down with a hot cup of covfefe.
edit on 19-1-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
President Trump May deliver the State of the Union Address at a Texas rally next Tuesday.

mobile.twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join