It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where and How Should President Trump Deliver the 2019 State-of-the-Union Address.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Friday, January 18, 2019

The Speaker of U.S. House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), is strongly urging President Donald Trump (R-Prez) to NOT deliver the 2019 SOTU address, while the U.S. Government is partially shut-down.

Story: www.cnbc.com...

The #2 leader of the U.S. House, Steny Hoyer (D-MD), is more blunt...

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer Said Wednesday Afternoon That Democrats Had Effectively Canceled President Donald Trump’s State Of The Union Address.

“The state of the union is off,” Hoyer said in an interview with CNN, adding that Trump could not convince them to schedule it, until Trump reopened the government.
Source: truepundit.com...

Steny Hoyer is 100% Delusional if he believes that HE can CANCEL the President's 2019 State-of-the-Union address.

And Nancy Pelosi's unspoken reason for not wanting the President to deliver the SOTU in the U.S. House chamber is two-fold: 1.) She would be behind Donald Trump and on-camera the entire time, while he lays out his record-breaking accomplishments for America/Americans, and bashes Democrats for not helping. 2.) Everyone on the planet would see her constantly adjusting her false teeth..for at least 60 grueling minutes.

Since the State-of-the-Union address is the PRESIDENT's TO GIVE, if the majority party of the U.S. House does not want the President of the United States of America delivering a speech on their premises...he can deliver it in another manner, or location, or even at a later time.

ATS MEMBERS:

If YOU want President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address, do you think he should ignore Pelosi/Hoyer and speak in the U.S. House Chamber on Tuesday, January 29, 2019? (Can he legally do that?)

Or, do you want the President to utilize another venue, or method?

Or, do you think he should delay delivering it until the U.S. government is 100% re-opened?

Personally, I want to see Pelosi sitting behind the President, making faces, and looking dour. And, I want America to see how none of the Democrats applaud/clap, when Donald Trump touts accomplishments that millions of Americans are enjoying in our lives every day.

Second Choice: A massive State-of-the-Union RALLY.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/18/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Duh...Twitter of course.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

In a carriage on the hyperloop, travelling at 700 miles an hour, with jugglers and other clowns.

and he needs to scowl and say "You're fired" a few times, for the laughs.

edit on 18/1/2019 by chr0naut because: It would be far more entertaining and wouldn't loose any of its relevance.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'm not sure how this whole thing works, but couldn't Trump just deliver the speech from the White House if he wanted to?

He won't cancel the SOTU because of a few Dems pouting. In fact, the Pelosi comment may have even inspired Trump to alter the speech a bit more in her direction.

But the idea of a SOTU rally open to the public is awesome. He could deliver it a major arena and the house would be packed.

edit on 18-1-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If I were President Trump, I'd give the STOU in the House just to twist the screws on pelosi and hoyer.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I think he should livestream it on "the gram".

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

where : teh white house lawn

how : the medium of interprative dance

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If Trump gave into Pelosi’s idea of no SOTU during the shutdown, the shutdown would continue another two years.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If Trump gave into Pelosi’s idea of no SOTU during the shutdown, the shutdown would continue another two years.

Oh, can it? Pretty please?

Let's get a statement in place where I get back all the federal taxes I paid for every day it was shut down, then make sure it never opens again.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Duh...Twitter of course.

HA! i am picturing right now. "ladies and gentleman, members of the senate, it is a privilege covfefe"

I reckon he should do it at the superbowl halftime show, There would be no better way to maximize his coverage, let's just hope he doesn't go Janet Jackson and show a little too much flesh.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
From AF 1 in Porter Rico Like the Dims were partying!!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

He should deliver it from the white house... from inside a closet.... with the lights out... in American sign language.
Thats how much I care to hear what he has to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ha ha He cant ignore Pelosi and speak at the house without her say so....
Ut oh he's not god after all.... Nancy is...LOL.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

In a room with a bright light

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

One thousand cold hamburgers and not a drink in sight.... Or a french fry...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

TRIGGERED

ETA: BREAKING NEWS

He's still your president.
edit on 18/1/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

yeah a solitary light bulb... right over his head .... in his eyes ...and a guy named Veto.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

I like your idea. Let's add that if the government is shut down then nobody gets a check.

I am sure the shutdown time would be very short if their checks were being held as well as the workers.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Does triggered mean Im laughing my ass off?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: vinifalou

Does triggered mean Im laughing my ass off?
Of course not. It means all the rest of us find great humor in the ignorance and "triggerdness" of some individuals

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join