It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverbikes are real-and they are awesome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seasons greetings everyone, I say that prematurely because presents have been bought, But what i'm about to show you will make you want to sit on santas' lap and wish for one

Now there may be some camera trickery to sell the product, but that is the real deal, and as the title suggests, it is being tested by the police of Dubai.

Dubai Police are now being trained to fly Hoversurf's first production unit hoverbike after taking delivery from the Watsonville, California-based tech firm in October, the company says.

The city in the United Arab Emirates prides itself on its futuristic status and began talks last year with Hoversurf about its eVTOLs (electric vertical takeoff and landing vehicles). Police there hope to deploy hoverbikes by 2020 as a way to allow officers to reach hard to access areas; police and Hoversurf recently posted videos of training sessions on social media.

"We are currently training and working with Dubai police to get their devision up and running for 2020," Hoversurf said in a statement to USA TODAY. "The police may order a fleet to have as well."

And here comes the good news-and the bad news...the good news is you might be able to buy one!!! !!!

The era of the hoverbike is finally at hand, but you’ll have to be well-heeled to join in. A California company recently announced that it would begin deliveries of its long-anticipated flying motorcycle in the first half of 2019

Good news right? well I forgot the bad news...

for an estimated price of $150,000.

Dammit.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That...is beyond effing cool. I want one!

It'll be a long-ass time before they're on the market in the US, look at how it's set up. I'm not blaming safety regulations here, but I'm saying retards leading to warnings like "Do not use while wearing clothes" on irons is the reason we have to wait so long for the fun toys.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This isn't new but thanks for the update. Good to know that things are moving forward. Pun intended..

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does it automatically play generic driving rock at high volumes to drown out the shriek of the engines?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Crazy dangerous looking. Exposed blades? I guess just mow the perps down. But can you imagine something happening and that thing going down in a group of people? Heads would roll.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's a huge flying people blender! Yay!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ohhh wow i want one. Getting closer to those starwars speeder bikes. Anyone care to make a loan lol

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It is the most pointless thing I have ever seen

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039
Crazy dangerous looking. Exposed blades? I guess just mow the perps down. But can you imagine something happening and that thing going down in a group of people? Heads would roll.

I think that maybe the blades would snap first and the whole thing would go end over end into the concrete.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I think that maybe the blades would snap first and the whole thing would go end over end into the concrete.

i'd imagine the finished product would have cages around them or something to prevent that from happening.

I still want "the most pointless thing ever." No more roads? imagine how much space that would free up.
edit on 13-11-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Not quite a Judge Dredd Lawmaster, but give it some aircraft tyres, larger more powerful batteries, a touchscreen control panel with radar and IR targeting, some rocket launchers, and it's there.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
ill say the exact same thing as when i first saw this

flying decapitation machine

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don´t think the blades can be made to pop off if something like a head comes in between, because the rotate so fast, they would slice their way through. You would not have time to stick your head in between, it would be cut off while you progress into it.

So since that thing weights 100kg + let´s say 80kg rider with gear, that´s at least 180kg this thing has to overcome to get it to lift off.

4 propellers with 3 arms each = 12

So the amount of weight -I know this is not entirely correct since it´s N and not kg but it´s a guestimate here- would be 180kg/12 = 15kg on each arm at least.

So in order to not break the blades, they would at least have to withstand something around 150N. This tells me, you can´t make those blades to pop away if something would get in between. Sure, the force is coming from another axis, not downwards if you stick something fast onough in between.

In reality, it will just slice through progressively, I guess. Don´t want such a thing near me, let alone some reckless idiots trying to show off.

Using jet engines would not be better because you would leave a blazing trail of fire where you scoot along too close to ground or buildings or people.

top topics

join