It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Got Banned From Trader Joe'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Baddogma

He's a good 'un for the laughs and ATS needs them a lot more than the bickering.

I was kicked out of the Tate museum this year because my backpack was 'too big.' It's about 10 litres and they have 1000 square feet of floorspace and had about 5 visitors. I could have handed it in, but some rules are too silly to respect.

Man I don't understand this. We visited an old antique store once and the lady behind the counter wanted to "hold" my purse. I asked her if she seriously believed I would hand my purse over to a random stranger in exchange for the privilege of shopping in that store? We left. I'm not handing some rando my purse with personal and business cards with tens of thousands of dollars in credit line, multiple IDs, and prescription medication in it. Oh, and cash!

As far as the OP, did you just ask once? When I get hit on I just decline, they say okay, it's the end, no harm no foul. The creepy ones are the ones that won't take no for an answer and try to talk you into it after you've said no.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

He's a good 'un for the laughs and ATS needs them a lot more than the bickering.

I was kicked out of the Tate museum this year because my backpack was 'too big.' It's about 10 litres and they have 1000 square feet of floorspace and had about 5 visitors. I could have handed it in, but some rules are too silly to respect.

As far as the OP, did you just ask once? When I get hit on I just decline, they say okay, it's the end, no harm no foul. The creepy ones are the ones that won't take no for an answer and try to talk you into it after you've said no.

Yeah when that happens, you just know those guys are the ones who would take you back to their place and you'd walk in and the whole place would be stuffed to the gills with dolls or something.

But with our fine specimen OP here, even if he did just ask once- he's a total stranger asking a girl to "hang out" after she gets off work. All she knows about him is that he buys beer at 10:50pm by himself at Trader Joe's.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Ok, I get it if she was a bit creeped out. But I honestly don't by the OP saying it the way he did, I believe he probably asked nice.
But even if he didn't.
To get him banned from the store?

Stupid.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

It has to do with color

ps ask her next time does she do tricks with banannas

edit on 10/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: i am a idiot

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yeah when that happens, you just know those guys are the ones who would take you back to their place and you'd walk in and the whole place would be stuffed to the gills with dolls or something.

But with our fine specimen OP here, even if he did just ask once- he's a total stranger asking a girl to "hang out" after she gets off work. All she knows about him is that he buys beer at 10:50pm by himself at Trader Joe's.

If they don't respect the first thing I tell them "no thanks" then they don't respect me, they won't respect me, and I got no time in my life for anyone who won't listen to or believe the words coming out of my mouth. That's the way I see it.
edit on 11/10/18 by Ameilia because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If they don't respect the first thing I tell them "no thanks" then they don't respect me, they won't respect me, and I got no time in my life for anyone who won't listen to or believe the words coming out of my mouth. That's the way I see it.

Can't go wrong with that!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Next time, wear a bodycam so you can show us and make sure she speaks clearly into the mic.
I’m lacking context...

Be sure to tell her you’re recording the video for your intenet friends.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: KansasGirl

Ok, I get it if she was a bit creeped out. But I honestly don't by the OP saying it the way he did, I believe he probably asked nice.
But even if he didn't.
To get him banned from the store?

Stupid.

I don't get the store banning either, UNLESS he was EVEN CREEPIER than he admitted in his OP. Which was creepy and skeezy and gross enough on its own, but if his description is totally accurate, not really worthy of a store ban.

So, a couple of possibilities.
1. OP was even creepier than he's admitting, and the Creep Ban was warranted.

2. OP was only as creepy as he stated in his OP, but checkout girl is a TOTAL snowflake and ran crying to the manager. This is possible with people these days, who classify anything that makes them uncomfortable as either "hate speech" or "harassment" or "discrimination." Manager was either ALSO a snowflake, OR he just didn't feel like dealing with his snowflake checkout girl and took the easy route. Creep Ban unwarranted.

3. The girl was 16 or 15. (If this is the case OP will say he had no idea). I can see either banning him or not, if this was the case. A case could be made for either.

4. Another possibility: maybe this is he first time OP has creepily asked out (well I should say asked to "hang out") that checkout girl at his Trader Joe's....but maybe it's not his first time asking/creeping out the other checkout girls. He may have a history of being "that guy" and the latest creep out was the straw the broke that camel's back.

Whatcha think?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Man I don't understand this. We visited an old antique store once and the lady behind the counter wanted to "hold" my purse. I asked her if she seriously believed I would hand my purse over to a random stranger in exchange for the privilege of shopping in that store? We left. I'm not handing some rando my purse with personal and business cards with tens of thousands of dollars in credit line, multiple IDs, and prescription medication in it. Oh, and cash!

I'm pretty into antiques. I've learned that It is one of the most shoplifted places there are. Some of the stuff is rare and not easily replaceable either. I only carry a small purse or wallet there now and no problem.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Man I don't understand this. We visited an old antique store once and the lady behind the counter wanted to "hold" my purse. I asked her if she seriously believed I would hand my purse over to a random stranger in exchange for the privilege of shopping in that store? We left.

Hehehe yeah, some people are way too self-important and it's not worth giving them time or your money.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I would complain to corporate. Leave the girl out of it but get the manager's name since they are the one who kicked you out.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
That is a bit creepy, to be fair.

In what way?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Was she 16 ? I have a feeling there is more to the story.

16 and selling alcohol?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: Justso

It all makes sense now. You really grossed her out. Time to look in the mirror.

I can't imagine why a gal would be grossed out at some lame request to go on a date when she's on her feet all day dealing with annoying customers, being paid to do check out of goods.
How dare she be reviled at being treated like a piece of ass on display for some stranger to think he is entitled to ask her out after buying fish sauce for his hairy backed side piece.

Old fashioned gentleman just can't win anymore.

Feminists are killing the country.

Lol youve never met anyone interesting at work?

Why is it lame? If she had been attracted to him, and happened to be the type who drinks, it would have been "such a cute and thoughtful gesture!" but since she doesnt drink and wasnt attracted, it was so lame as to be worthy of banning him from the premesis.

There was nothing feminist at all about what happened. And you are the first to mention it so...

Every eligible bachelor is "entitled" (lol) to ask any girl he wants on a date. And vice versa.

Of course the management is most likely entitled to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
YEah, nothing sexier than being on display in public, in a subservient position, subject to hit and run affections from any transient in the vicinity.

As someone who had to man a cash register for an embarrassing couple of months, my sympathies do not align with the rutting ape in our story... no offense.

Theres "nothing sexier than" a lot of things. What does that have to do with anything?

Guys should only ask girls on dates when they are in the middle of competing for a beauty pageant? Some girls find it flattering to be asked out on a date when they dont feel their prettiest.

You think he deserved to be kicked out for that? So, did you kick out every person who asked you out? It seems like you must have had a lot in your "embarassing couple months" from the way you said it.

Perhaps you're just a bit stuck up and prudish if you get your panties in a bunch over a guy saying "hey would you care to have some drinks after work?"

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Exactly. There is a line where it becomes creepy if you cross that line. Other than that, i can and will ask out Any female I want. After all, I was taught as a young buck, "closed mouths don't get fed"

You'd (some of you here) be surprised at what girls have said "yes" to if theyre even a little attracted and the two of you are all alone, its like they become an entirely different person...

Closed mouths don't get fed.

IF you are a lonely horny guy, open up your mouth and ask for what it is you want for gods sake. You will learn as you go what works and what doesnt. Sitting there being miserable doesn't help. And despite what some people seem to think... There is nothing good or healthy about going without (sex). There is nothing about a pent up sexually frustrated man that is good or healthy for society or the man. Its not funny.

Girls are pulling a double standard and I know it because I'm one of the guys they say yes to (sometimes) and I know girls rate creepiness vs cuteness just based on how attracted they are, how available they are, and what setting they are in. They will react completely different depending on who is around watching and listening.

A cute guy they are attracted to can get away with a lot. They will just giggle and say "isnt he cute?"

Another guy will do the exact same thing and they will be telling that story on social media for a week because they just cant get over how "creepy" it was.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You dont know that. He seems to be a regular. They probably met before.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Damn, that's messed up. I am married but I still don't fully understand the dynamics of dating and courtship.

My "how I met your mother" story is a puzzled face and hands in the air. We had coffee together. Then other meals and snacks.

Maybe the food or drink item is more important than we know.

You must feed them and quench their thirst. Pay tribute with hearty feasts and fine drink. Then you may breed.

edit on 11 11 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all mankinds problems.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

You dont know that. He seems to be a regular. They probably met before.

And you don't know THAT.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join