It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

originally posted by: Willtell
One can’t walk 5 feet anywhere anymore without being on a surveillance camera.

You go out, go to the bank, a convenience store, gas stations, even street and traffic lights have cameras.

We are in a surveillance state and it's only going to get worse

you can get away from it all but its a hard, hard life. Basically have to go off grid and live in caves.

I try to find as many work arounds as possible. Its a bleak future ahead of us in terms of privacy. Scariest thing is nobody seems to care. only benefit I can see is that there is so much information moveing around its hard to pin anything down.

Even caves they might catch you on a satellite.
That’s where they will finally literally have us all in prison.

Malcolm X said it regarding his own incarceration
He said: “Were all in prison it’s just that some of us are in solitary confinement.”

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
One can’t walk 5 feet anywhere anymore without being on a surveillance camera.

You go out, go to the bank, a convenience store, gas stations, even street and traffic lights have cameras.

We are in a surveillance state and it's only going to get worse

Yet another reason why mom was right, when she told us to put-on clean underwear before going out.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

theres more....

question: Why does antifa wear masks..... why are burkas so popular with communists.....

Answer: what kind recognition software are they useing

then go deeper.... being that we have zero privacy and are constantly monitered....how is it that when all these terror acts (false flags) happen our main visual evidence comes from random cell phones and hearsay from random indiciduals that came into contact with the so called perpetrators.

Actually, for better or worse they have worked around the hiding of ones face, now they are monitoring for analysis individuals’ gait:
Watch your step!

Ohhh... and listening too:
Metro gunshot locator

The data is there and not going away, that’s why I am an advocate for the freedom of information - all should benefit or be able to access instead of a select few entities. Potential for abuse will always exist, but potential for the manifestation of a greater good never will be if limited and controlled.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Do you guys remember the MS Xbox Kinect watching you etc.

I've heard now "they" also watch what you do inside the games!!!

For example if your playing GTA or Red Dead, going around killing people inside the game for no reason. "They" will download and pull your time and game killing stats and put you on a list, that's if your a good Sirhan Sirhan candidate .. like the old MKUltra Project.

edit on 53115330pm302018Fri, 09 Nov 2018 18:53:18 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaez

theres more....

question: Why does antifa wear masks..... why are burkas so popular with communists.....

then go deeper.... being that we have zero privacy and are constantly monitered....how is it that when all these terror acts (false flags) happen our main visual evidence comes from random cell phones and hearsay from random indiciduals that came into contact with the so called perpetrators.

Actually, for better or worse they have worked around the hiding of ones face, now they are monitoring for analysis individuals’ gait:
Watch your step!

Metro gunshot locator

The data is there and not going away, that’s why I am an advocate for the freedom of information - all should benefit or be able to access instead of a select few entities. Potential for abuse will always exist, but potential for the manifestation of a greater good never will be if limited and controlled.

From your first link:

In particular, the government has been criticized for the way it uses its databases and facial recognition tech to police China’s ethnic minorities. A system deployed in Xinjiang — a Western province with a population of some 10 million “Uighur” Muslims — is reportedly designed to notify authorities when “target” individuals go beyond their home or place of work, according to Bloomberg.

And:

It took Chinese authorities just seven minutes to locate and apprehend BBC reporter John Sudworth using its powerful network of CCTV camera and facial recognition technology. This wasn’t a case of a member of the media being forcibly removed from the country. The chase was a stunt set up to illustrate just how powerful and effective the Chinese government’s surveillance system can be. It’s a stark example of the type of monitoring that China has invested heavily in over recent years with the aim of helping police do their job more efficiently. Such systems are also used in private organizations, for example to monitor workers and processes in factories, but government critics have warned of the potential for abuse in the hands of the state. China has the largest monitoring system in the world. There are some 170 million CCTV cameras across the country, and that’s tipped to grow more than three-fold with 400 million more set to be installed by 2020. Beyond the sheer numbers of lookout points, China is harvesting information with a new-found focus on intelligence. The government also works with facial recognition and AI companies, such as unicorn Face++, which can pour through data to extract meaningful information such as faces, ages, registration plates and more. The full video of Sudworth’s ‘capture’ is on the BBC website, with a snippet is below — hat-tip The Next Web.

So some 570 million CCTV cameras in China, through 2020?
That's beyond ridiculous, approaching absurd.

No wonder people think there's more to it, than "crime prevention".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Do you guys remember the MS Xbox Kinect watching you etc.

I've heard now "they" also watch what you do inside the games!!!

For example if your playing GTA or Red Dead, going around killing people inside the game for no reason. "They" will download and pull your time and game killing stats and put you on a list, that's if your a good Sirhan Sirhan candidate .. like the old MKUltra Project.

Haha from my time playing GTA I'm on the most wanted list then. It's a nice stress reliever!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaez

theres more....

Watch your step!

Metro gunshot locator

thats what the hijabs are for. We may all have to learn some different gates in the future.

myself I just try to stay away from society as much as possible. I could never live in a major city these days.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a precursor for facial recognition and pre crime. To the China-like social credit scores who judge scores in party by the facial recognition camera evidence.

Recall these images shared by member Seattlerat - www.abovetopsecret.com... ?
edit on 9-11-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is one company that has off the shelf solutions:

SKYEYE™ is a complete LED Street Light and Parking Lot Light System with optional features including super bright LED lights, plug & play wireless controls, active motion sensing, and a top-rated video security camera.

SKYEYE™ provides the necessary light to illuminate the surrounding area to capture high resolution, full color video at night and during the day – and provides 360º coverage for observation and surveillance.

SKYEYE™ cameras are extremely discreet, managing their task with a single lens. The advanced flexible design can be a standard off-the-shelf unit or a customized solution that fits your security needs.

SKYEYE

Oh, and yes, they do have microphones in some of them:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: LookingAtMars

If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.

We have had CCTV in The U.K. for ages. It bothers me not.

Great if you care to watch pub fights spill onto the street.

Neighbourtown spent a fortune on them and nobody can think of one crime they solved.

I believe that every camera that's funded by tax dollars should be open online...simple. Also cameras at public facilities, nothing intrusive, something for open places and enough quality to recognize someone if you already knew what they looked like. Just that govt employees are accountable for time on the clock. That would work pretty funny at the maintenace department of my local boro.

I have not much problem with the tech, it cuts both ways. The vision of Orwell's 1984 (pun intended) was a one-way system, typical of the centralized tech of the time, like broadcast radio and TV. The tech of it's time demanded a central control for radio broadcast, we live with the aftermath of media mogulized conglomerates to this day.

1984 didn't anticipate how the tech would eventually evolve, into a 2-way system of recording and streaming on phones. Again, sub-miniature broadcasting equipment in everybody's hand verses 500lb color TV cameras floating on hydrolic dollies tethered to 10,000 watt transmitters and 240 volt power....plus licencing and "fair market" competition.

So now, cops deal with being recorded, etc etc. I was somewhat on the forefront of the "legality" of recording cops, municipal meetings and various others who would act up without a self-conscious thought. Cameras should go into public buildings, because that's where a lot of crime happens, just like a bad part of town, lol.

The trick in my state is the wiretap law, or 2-party stipulation. Basically you can't record VOICE without all parties being aware. Nobody has to give permission or take it away, just that they are aware.

It pertains to the expectation of privacy. This doesn't apply in many cases, like a govt employee in the conduct of their job. I trolled new waters with that "catch" in the law, knowing better than judges and law enforcement in 2 counties. I've had some great days in court....and that's my point; apply the tech in a fair way and the details take care of themselves.

imo, it's wrong to put a microphone in a lightpole, imagine it being a park where you confess your most inner thoughts to your dog or girlfriend...there's an expectation of privacy there. Video is a different thing from a legal perspective. I have less of a problem with it until we get to robot AI lip reading...then it comes closer to the term used in the law, electronic "interception".

It's been a long and complex trip. Imagine a time 10-20 years ago you would get clubbed by a cop recording the same thing a news helicopter might be recording. See what I mean about centralized tech verses public tech in people's control? My idea of open access to ALL public funded cameras is modeled on the dispersed tech of cell cameras, in reverse.

edit on 10-11-2018 by FlyingFox because: typ0

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So how do we hack into them? Sure beats paying for Netflix/hulu/cable.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Gone too deep.

DEA and ICE?

In Texas?

You want a crack down on illegal immigrants and drug runners.

Here’s part of that crack down.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The scary part to me is

Such systems are also used in private organizations, for example to monitor workers and processes in factories, but government critics have warned of the potential for abuse in the hands of the state

Private organizations... the government doesnt built these types of tech... it buys them. Government for all it’s shortcomings is at some point accountable to its people... private organizations? Only accountability is pure profit

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
These criminal syndicates that spy on everyone are mostly spying on cops, judges, politicians, people with power, and using it for blackmail, I think in a lot of cases. They are making sure they're one step ahead of their opponents.

I don't think they care about the average citizen too much, yet. I mean unless the citizens were to find out about maybe how corrupt the government/fbi/cia is and started making groups to do something about it. Then i'm sure they will be listening in to your plans.

This is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

yeah i don't think so. DEA is cracking down on their rivals. DEA are the drug dealers/human traffickers and they don't want anyone taking their profit.

21stcenturywire.com... aine-smuggler/
edit on 10-11-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Get used to it. It is only going to gain more technical traction.
Yes, privacy is important, but the people that would like to do harm to you and country have advanced technology as well.
This world we are living in presently is just the beginning. Technology breeds innovations for both sides of the coin. In order to keep up, the most advanced and pro-active stance will be what lets us all live as free as we can be.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
As mentioned i can see the future nefarious ways these can be used, not that they can't be as it is.
This is being done in Seattle because of the Sanctuary City status. They are not complying with ICE. However, at the state level the following article illustrates that Sanctuary or not information can go back to ICE:

Washington state regularly gives drivers’ info to immigration authorities; Inslee orders temporary halt

Yet, 20 to 30 times a month, a state agency has been giving residents’ personal information to federal immigration-enforcement officers — information used to arrest and deport people in keeping with the president’s policies. Most people wouldn’t expect Washington’s Department of Licensing (DOL) to hand over information to federal authorities just for the asking, since it is among a minority of such agencies around the country to allow undocumented immigrants to get driver’s licenses.
Source

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Back in 2002-2004 I spent more time playing an MMO called EverQuest than I did living in the real world. I remember back then thinking games such as it would be an easy way for criminal organization/terrorist to pass information in a format that's unlikely watched.

A year or two later, it was found that the US Govt. was monitoring all messages/chats sent within World of Warcraft.

10+ years later, and now I just assume each and every letter typed, movements in the world, purchases of any type, etc. is being monitored.

The only limiting factor at the moment is their ability to analyze the data in real time. They have each second of your life recorded and can review your past actions, but as soon as quantum computers and AI mature... it's going to be minority report come to life.

To those who say "if you have nothing to hide"... Let's pretend each and every government (that's currently able to do this) only have the best intentions.

Now, please review a 200-year history of these countries. Can you tell me (even if they only have good intentions at this moment) that none will change and not use this information to harm innocents? Let's look at Japan, Germany, France, UK, THE USA, anywhere in the ME.

If you consider this, and you don't have concerns, then I wonder if you're handicapped or on their payroll. There is no going back (at least not until an SME/EMPs used globally). This technology will only progress going forward. We lost this fight 10+ years before most people were even aware they were participating.

~Winter

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

From your first link: 

In particular, the government has been criticized for the way it uses its databases and facial recognition tech to police China’s ethnic minorities. A system deployed in Xinjiang — a Western province with a population of some 10 million “Uighur” Muslims — is reportedly designed to notify authorities when “target” individuals go beyond their home or place of work, according to Bloomberg.

But... but...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! 🤯

Why isn't half the population of China in the streets protesting this? Becoming ungovernable until something changes? #resiist!!

I guess the majority of Chinese people are just horrible racist bigoted people. I bet they've never even had a black president pshh! I'm afraid to even see their immigration policy I might faint. I mean, I'm sure they don't ever seperate families or anything that bad, I mean come on they're not total absolute monsters, not like Trump! But they Are mostly horrible racist bigoted people.

Good thing they're not also sexist. I mean, could you imagine??

Hmmm I wonder what Other nations are full of mostly "horrible racist bigoted people"?
edit on 11/10/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: LookingAtMars

If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.

We have had CCTV in The U.K. for ages. It bothers me not.

Really? you're going to quote Joseph Goebbels?

OK

“If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear. This is a dangerously narrow conception of the value of privacy. Privacy is an essential human need, and central to our ability to control how we relate to the world. Being stripped of privacy is fundamentally dehumanizing, and it makes no difference whether the surveillance is conducted by an undercover policeman following us around or by a computer algorithm tracking our every move.”

— Bruce Schneider

edit on 10-11-2018 by RedmoonMWC because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join