It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Part of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Are you speaking about the young ladies with one body and two persons via their two different heads. If they get saved or even if only one gets saved their souls will be separated at the time of death or at the gathering unto Jesus in the clouds. But if neither of them get saved they will live through all eternity in one body in hell.

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Where do you get eternal hell for humanity from
Even in the scripture you quoted the word is " destroy" Not torture

Read what " destroy" means

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aniceday

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: aniceday

Except the part that god created me. That's not logical that's blind faith.

I don't know your understanding of things, I don't know you. But I do know that you can think and reason. And even read and write. That is sufficient for me to know that you know you have a wonderful ability. When did you understand that you are alive? That you exist? That you are you? You know that is a special gift? It came from God.

Think about that. When I was around 4 years old and realized it I thought about it.

Dogs don't. Cats don't. Horses don't. Only humans.

Monkeys are aware of their own existence. So are elephants. So are magpies. You can't just state something arbitrary and then say that means god exists and made you.

Basically you've stated the equivalent of "I can use a jukebox, therefore pancakes drop cluster bombs" then claimed some sort of woke in knowledge.

Cause all I read was 'I don't know jack about science or the way the life and the world came to be so... god'.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm subject to what exactly? Creation or Lucy? Or both? Bs again. Life developed, humans are evil, no devil needed.

Why is good, good and evil, evil?

Surely the fact that we can discuss such deeply nuanced concepts with a single word, which we both acknowledge the meaning of, does not fit in any atheistic paradigm at all.

How did these concepts come into existence and how do they replicate across the populations?

edit on 1/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Political ideology based on religions will oppress some groups of people in favor of others.

We'd be much better off basing political ideology on the Dao and Confucianism. Leave out all but the essence of the divine of politics. Excess Doctrine and Dogma is a symptom of lack of divinity.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Religion once was good because it gave civilisations rules to live together, it taught people right and wrong. Then it became evil, crusades and jihad. Civilisation developed forwards with human rights, religion backwards.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Religion once was good because it gave civilisations rules to live together, it taught people right and wrong. Then it became evil, crusades and jihad. Civilisation developed forwards with human rights, religion backwards.

The distinction between good and evil already existed in our minds.

Consider if someone hurts you intentionally vs if they hurt you accidentally. Do you have any question in your mind which is morally wrong? Regardless of the amount of hurt in either case, it is the intention to cause hurt for its own sake that is wrong.

Did you have to be taught that?

Similarly, religion exposes both good and evil in us. Many religions were founded as a way of dealing with the issues of right and wrong and our attitudes and actions in doing so.

The Christian religion, for instance, was birthed in the torture to death of an innocent. Jesus revealed His goodness, in that He self-sacrificed for us. At the same time, He also exposed the hypocrisy of the religious leaders who were complicit with the political power of secular/pagan Rome. Christianity didn't start off good and go bad. The evils of the world pre-existed it, and through Christ, the path to redemption was made.

Similarly, the Islamic faith wasn't a politically correct warm fluffy dream that went bad. It too was forged in a time of great evil and offered a path to redemption. Muhammad was then, and still is, considered a warlord and military strategist of a high order. He also established a system of law that, for the time and culture, was very fair and balanced (hint, research the Compact of Medina).

As for human rights, secular civilization hasn't promoted and fought to establish human rights, they were more into retaining their fiscal or power advantage.

In nearly every case, it was religious people who carried the causes of human rights, pointing out the injustices and evil of things like; slavery, the exclusion of women from the political process, the presumption of guilt until proven innocent and the oppression/absence of duty of responsibility of/for the poor.

edit on 2/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Where Did OP Go... ???

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Text Jehovah God is the Supreme one. The Creator, the Universal Sovereign. He designates who rules. He has allowed a rebellious angel of his to rule earth. We know him as Satan and Devil. Satan is in charge of all political systems. Nowhere in the Bible are we told that God has a political system working on earth. The only earthly governmental system of things on earth in the Bible that represented Jehovah's throne was the nation of Israel, until they rejected and murdered his son Jesus Christ. NOT ONE single political entity, either country, or political persuasion is named as being divinely inspired. All political ideology is satanic in nature, and thus will fail. Just like the inspiration behind it will.

Please tell me when the Most High EL revoked the authority He gave to Adam. I have heard this same thing that you have written in your thread many times. Are you stating that Satan is the god of this world?

Another thing that is not clear is in that there are some that are taught that the reason the nation Israel fell was because of the murder of Jesus. The nation Israel had fallen both physically and spiritually many years before the death of Jesus. In fact the entire structure of Judaism was empowered to the Sadducee's long before Jesus was even born. The Sadducee's were entirely corrupt with no belief in any sort of after life and the nation Israel was under this rule for hundreds of years.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I was talking about the first pagan baby steps of religion. Calendar and things fresh after we started to build settlements. And of course I know it isn't as straight forward as I said it is, with ups and downs along the way, but in general religion in politics has overlived its purpose.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: InwardDiver

Political ideology based on religions will oppress some groups of people in favor of others.

We'd be much better off basing political ideology on the Dao and Confucianism.

Daoism a.k.a. Taoism and Confucianism are religions. Taoism and Confucianism together have dominated the religious life of nearly one quarter of the world’s population for the past 2,000 years. Taoism and Confucianism have not become world religions but have basically remained in China and wherever Chinese culture has asserted its influence.

If China provides an example of the endresult or endproduct, I think I'll pass.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

but have basically remained in China

couldn't the same be said about JW's and their cult like behaviour - especially after the....

en.wikipedia.org...

wiki

watch Tower Bible and Tract Society publications have made a series of predictions about Christ's Second Coming and the advent of God's Kingdom, each of which has gone unfulfilled. Almost all the predictions for 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918 and 1925 were later reinterpreted as a confirmation of the eschatological framework of the Bible Student movement and Jehovah's Witnesses, with many of the predicted events viewed as having taken place invisibly. Further expectations were held for the arrival of Armageddon in 1975, but resulted in a later apology to members from the society's leadership.

Do Not be a victim of your own Propaganda

LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

authoritarianism, along with all forms of political ideology are in the purview of Satan

then you better look in your own backyard

en.wikipedia.org...

he movement has been accused of doctrinal inconsistency and reversals, failed predictions, mistranslation of the Bible, harsh treatment of former members and autocratic and coercive leadership. Criticism has also focused on their rejection of blood transfusions, particularly in life-threatening medical situations, and claims that they have failed to report cases of sexual abuse to the authorities. Many of the claims are denied by Jehovah's Witnesses and some have also been disputed by courts and religious scholars

Authoritarianism and denial of free speech Doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses are established by the Governing Body,[148][149] and the denomination does not tolerate dissent over doctrines and practices.[4][150][151] Members who openly disagree with the movement's teachings are expelled and shunned.[152] Witness publications strongly discourage followers from questioning doctrine and counsel received from the Governing Body, reasoning that it is to be trusted as part of "God's organization".[151][153][154][155] They also warn members to "avoid independent thinking", claiming such thinking "was introduced by Satan the Devil"[156][157] and would "cause division".[158] Those who openly disagree with official teachings are condemned as "apostates" who are "mentally diseased".[159][160][161]

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
I don't think your comment bears much relevance to my comment. And I have a feeling you can find something better to do with your life.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: aniceday
a reply to: djz3ro

We are told in the Bible to be in subjection to the superior authorities. It is good to know you don't need the Bible to know they are corrupt. Most of us know that by now. But you do need it to know why. It is because Satan is the ruler of the world. And he is behind all political systems.

No, its because just about every political system in the world is corrupt after years of being nothing but a tool for the elite. Humans don't need an imaginary bogeyman who is the anthropological embodiment of evil to corrupt them, we as a species do fine on our own in that regard.

You're the one who needs to learn why my friend and some things can't be learned from tbe bible.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Hey just like you have nothing better to do with your life than look for converts, I make it my choice to engage in calling out cults for what they truly are.

Thinly veiled MLM schemes for money and power. And the JW cover up sexual abuse of minors

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

All men go to their long home. Do you recognize that verse from the scriptures?

And it was Jesus Christ himself who spoke more on everlasting hell than any other. Are you really that ignorant of the Bible that you can't find the scriptures?

How many times on ATS must I list them for you?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

"I can use a jukebox, therefore pancakes drop cluster bombs"

Quote of the day right there...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I have a position, hell is not eternal for humanity

I didn't say hell was not eternal, read my words not what you want to read

Satan and his followers, the demons are eternal and will suffer an eternal fate

My position is humanity is not eternal, my position needs to be proven wrong by scripture, not your opinion

God said in Genesis 2/9 then Genesis 3/22, in conjunction we can establish man is not eternal, well I can

Use scripture to prove me wrong, not your opinion

How many times on ATS do I have to show you the obvious, show you how to discern scripture properly and refute a simple statement

Leave your arrogance at the door, you are not learned enough

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I was talking about the first pagan baby steps of religion. Calendar and things fresh after we started to build settlements. And of course I know it isn't as straight forward as I said it is, with ups and downs along the way, but in general religion in politics has overlived its purpose.

We are human. We haven't outgrown all the same issues we had right back when the first village was getting together.

Religion has just as much a 'place' today as back then.

An ancient Roman, who had been living under the Pax Romanus would look at America and nearly every other country today and would classify them as uncultured Barbarians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join