It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street rally fizzles as tech, Amazon falter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Amazon has climbed like a rocket since the 2016 election. A correction is long overdue.

they have create value since 2016 especially with the purchase of whole foods among other things

also AWS has been taking off for years

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, I remember when the recession was starting, I saw loads of people on the side of the road selling things like a yard sale. It might not be a scientific way to indicate poor economics but it sure was a local indicator. I haven't seen that yet, all I see is heavier that usual traffic the past two years around where I live and people out everywhere. But I don't know if this is a positive thing where people our out shopping or a negative thing where people are unemployed and bored.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Well they aren't spending their money on consumer goods on a national average and if they are they are doing it with credit

I'm speaking in national averages

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Mahogany

the Fed is in a bad spot they have to raise rates but they also shouldn't, I'm not saying it's going to crash but I'm pointing out that the rose colored glasses need to come off and people need to see it for what it is

The Fed is only in a tough spot due to several very bad decisions made by others in government over the last two years.

Had we followed sane policies, the Fed would be in a great position to still increase rates, and had the Fed actually started increasing them several years ago like they were supposed to, it would be a complete non issue today.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
I don't think there is a recession looming on the near horizon. Amazon is down because it was overvalued, as well as most tech stocks. I love Amazon and their stock but for craps sake it has never really been worth nearly a trillion dollars, never has been. It will be someday but that is several years in the future. No need to panic. People are pulling out their money partially because they fear a Democrat Congress would increase taxes and regulations and because much of the market is overpriced.

If the Republicans keep control of Congress watch it bounce right back.

Prices on pretty much everything are set to go up by 10% due to tariffs on December 1st. Get your Christmas shopping in early. That will significantly reduce spending.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I'm DOWN 5.6% this year on my 401k.

I'm NOT happy about this.

My purchasing power has dropped 13% in the last 2 years. That's due to a combination of taxes, price increases, and inflation.

Next year is not looking very good right now either, inflation and tariffs alone are another 13% before we get into anything else that may happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
Well, I remember when the recession was starting, I saw loads of people on the side of the road selling things like a yard sale. It might not be a scientific way to indicate poor economics but it sure was a local indicator. I haven't seen that yet, all I see is heavier that usual traffic the past two years around where I live and people out everywhere. But I don't know if this is a positive thing where people our out shopping or a negative thing where people are unemployed and bored.

Wait for the subprime auto crisis to hit.

Reduced purchasing power will kick it off.

All hell will break lose then.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm out of stocks again until at least next week, the news yesterday said Dow 25,400 might be a top for this rally.
No real bad news just that interest rates are going to continue up for the foreseeable future.
edit on 1-11-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join