It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

"The Trump administration is considering..."

Lots of things are always being "considered".

"Considering" Transgender policy changes, is far less concrete than "Promising" to raise taxes, as Democrats are proclaiming.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Nothing says "Small Government" like Government telling people who and what they are

congratulations "Patriots"

I am black. I demand all entitlements that only black people can get. Nevermind I am pasty white.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Whose right is it to dictate how a person identifies?

The rights lost would be the right to change their gender marker should they so desire.

There's no reason for them to be legally listed as something they medically aren't and will never be. None. That's ridiculous. They can still play pretend and go about their lives however they want. This won't change that.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Nothing says "Small Government" like Government telling people who and what they are

congratulations "Patriots"

I am black. I demand all entitlements that only black people can get. Nevermind I am pasty white.

Just identify as black!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I will add this because I thought it was funny

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It is not for you to decide what a person lists themself as. That is a freedom you are taking away from them. What gives anyone the right to control a person like that?

Here's a helpful little tip. If it doesn't impact you in any way, shape, or form, leave it alone. Your life is not in peril. Your livelihood is not at stake. Stay out of people's personal lives.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Mid term attack has began. Hold on for the lies!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

That's rich, coming from someone who wants to send people to re-education camps because they don't think right.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Deliberately midquoting, a sure sign that a person is whole-heartedly against something.

Tell me, why is the Authoritarian calling for more personal freedoms than the supposedly freedom loving Republican? It is rather odd that you would restrict where I would leave well enough alone.

Isn't that a form of hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's funny. You can tell the T-shirt shopping cart was designed by a Democrat. Those flaws in thinking logically, is what causes them to lose all the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's rich, coming from someone who wants to send people to re-education camps because they don't think right.

What’s wrong with having concentration.....i mean re-education camps?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Why are you being hypocritical then.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It is not for you to decide what a person lists themself as. That is a freedom you are taking away from them. What gives anyone the right to control a person like that?

Here's a helpful little tip. If it doesn't impact you in any way, shape, or form, leave it alone. Your life is not in peril. Your livelihood is not at stake. Stay out of people's personal lives.

Not that this is anything but fake news but if it's true no one is taking away their right to identify as anything they want to identify as. Anybody is and has always been free to identify as anything. However the government gives special treatment to certain subclasses of people and in order to do that there needs to be clear and provable ways to decide what people really are.

On the flip side, the government could treat everyone as absolute equals and get rid of all the special subclasses special treatment and then it would have little impact regardless of what someone identifies as. So maybe we should get rid of title ix, race quotas, and the idea of special treatment of minority owned business and then people are free to identify as whatever sex, race, or species they would like without a negative impact on any other group of people.

For instance, any man should be able to enter a woman's sporting event or vice versa. Any white person should be free to join the black Panthers or the naacp and any not black woman should be free to enter the miss black America contest.

edit on 21-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

edit on 21-10-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Gender based on genetic reality? I know it is old fashioned but reality is reality.

If it doesn't impact you in any way, shape, or form, leave it alone

Stay at home, fine. What about business and government having to make changes to accommodate extra sexes? That's impact.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I was referring to you, the freedom loving Republican, restricting the rights of others who don't adhere to your view of gender. Kind of Fascist, don't you think?

But you'll try and deflect this by once again pointing out my authoritarian leaning.

Regardless, this is happening in reality, not in an idea. Care to defend this taking of freedom you would impose upon the transgender community?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

How does a little box marked "other" or "prefer not to say" impact your life in a meaningful way? How has it impacted it before people started prying into the lives of others?

Most transgendered usually check the box of the gender they identify as. Simply male or female. Again, what business does the government have asking about people's genitals?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I was referring to you, the freedom loving Republican, restricting the rights of others who don't adhere to your view of gender. Kind of Fascist, don't you think?

Actually I'm not a republican and on page two disagreed with the Trump administration on this so strike one.

But you'll try and deflect this by once again pointing out my authoritarian leaning.

Pointing out the obvious isn't a deflection. Strike two.

Regardless, this is happening in reality, not in an idea. Care to defend this taking of freedom you would impose upon the transgender community?

Again, already said I wasn't for this on page two of this thread. I said the administration had better things to do than this.

Strike three.

YER OUT!

NEXT BATTER!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Also we should just have adult and children bathrooms and adult and children be defined by age. Then all sexes can share the same bathrooms. Of course, some lunatic adult will want to identify as a child.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Your life is not in peril. Your livelihood is not at stake.

Nor are the trannies.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah, no impact on restrooms or dressing rooms. What about a woman not being forced into a room with a person with male genitalia.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join