It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wait! It is being alleged that the administration run by Trump wants to use actual science to direct policy and the opposition are calling them monsters? The world is truly turned upside-down. For most of my life I've heard the Dems blast the Repubs for bringing religion to politics and insisting that science should settle the issues.

This is why I don't get out in public much anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Aazadan

Nope and there are already anti-doping policies in place to prevent exactly that.

So you don't think it's fair they're paired against women in that situation even though they're a woman according to the XX chromosone?

I agree, I think we should pair people according to the gender they identify with. In that case, that would be a man. Do you think it would be fair if such a person were paired against a man?

How about if we reverse this and it's MTF? Should that person be paired against a man or a woman?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, this thread went ugly early. Isn't it astonishing how some Conservatives wail about big government, but want to regulate what happens in the bedroom?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Not just what goes on in the bedroom, but what people do with their bodies. They think it's their right to tell others how they should live.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Wow, this thread went ugly early. Isn't it astonishing how some Conservatives wail about big government, but want to regulate what happens in the bedroom?

Crazier is how all the liberal democrats keep wanting to govern and rule about such private personal issues! It all should be a private individual choice. Many transgenders who successfully transformed were privately going into their bathroom of choice. There was no spotlight. They succeeded in becoming their gender of choice without any fanfare or notice.

Now, they have been used politically and those using them to be divisive has actually caused more harm than good.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
a reply to: Mahogany

Trump is a hate-filled, unenlightened individual. He is caving to the narrow-minded ignoramuses.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I don't care what they do in the bed room. I don't care how they dress. I don't care what pronoun they wish to be called. The word gender was first added to language to define a biological term. Biological terms are not about feelings and there is no reason to change the meaning of biological terms.

Women fought for women's rights. Women should be outraged that biological males are starting to take away what they fought for, fair competitions for women against other women.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

What gives the government the right to say? How a person identifies has no business being regulated by someone else. It is not a political matter.

And it is hypocritical for the Trump admin to call upon science when they cannot understand climate science.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Trump's agenda to restore 1950's policies and morality is sure making progress.

How long 'till he decides all 'non-whites' have to sit in the back of the bus?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Something that would be infinitely valuable to your opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

name one thing Trump has done to legislate morality

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

His admin already rounds up Latino families and separates them. The Supreme Court had to tell them off before any small changes were made. And they still allow indefinite detention of Latinos by law.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nothing says "Small Government" like Government telling people who and what they are

congratulations "Patriots"

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I guess I'm torn on this one.

One one hand, I believe that there should be equal protection for all under the law.

On the other, I'm not sure that transgender people are actually different enough to classify as a separate sex. I mean, what makes them different?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Everyone opposed to this says that trannies will lose their rights; Can someone please tell me what those rights are? What can they do now that they won't be able to do if this happens? If you want to mutilate your body and love in fantasy land, more power to you, but it only makes sense that you're still defined as either a male or female, based on your genes.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Nobody is trying to regulate what happens in the bedroom. Nor should the rest of the population put so-called 'trans-gendered' people on a pedestal and force 'acceptance' of something that is not backed by science at all and represents a mental illness. Where do you get this "in the bedroom' nonsense? Do what you want in the bedroom. Nobody gives a rat's behind, including conservatives. And do what you want with your body. Just don't ask the rest of us to pay for it.
edit on 10/21/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: angeldoll

His admin already rounds up Latino families and separates them.

No, that happens to illegal aliens, not Latinos. And it happened under Obama as well

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Whose right is it to dictate how a person identifies?

The rights lost would be the right to change their gender marker should they so desire. Instead they would be forced to undergo tests to hope to make their hope a reality, and even then they could be denied.

It's not the government's place to dictate a person's life in any way.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Whose right is it to dictate how a person identifies?

The rights lost would be the right to change their gender marker should they so desire. Instead they would be forced to undergo tests to hope to make their hope a reality, and even then they could be denied.

It's not the government's place to dictate a person's life in any way.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

In a similar light, by right wing news all the leftists are just up and abandoning everything they believe in to sell their soul to the corporatist right wing... but weird, looking around, that isn't actually happening at all. The actual left has merely seen the right sell out any bit of integrity they once had. Let's start with personal freedom, yet another tenant of the right that they don't support unless it supports them. My personal freedom subjugates yours right?

What similar light? I didn't say left or right and what you are talking about is not even close on topic...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join