It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok, that's a few people now who say this is fake.

Would you be very surprised to find out it's real? Will you be against it, if it is?

Or are you for it, but it's still fake?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I think the Trump administration has better things to do than worry about what people refer to themselves as.

In my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It will help Democrats. I know you want to keep this focused on the election, and normally I would try and accomodate that but I want to make this a little more personal.

One of the all time best posters on ATS happened to be transgender. She no longer posts here that I know of, she was driven off by what would now be the alt right crowd, which is a shame because she worked for NASA and used to give great insights into space exploration.

Transgenders aren't just some faceless minority that can be ignored. They're still people, and most of them contribute a hell of a lot to society. Think about it, they often have expensive medical procedures and lifestyle choices. To pull that off you need a good job, which means they really have to be smart, educated, ambitious, and capable to get the jobs that support them living the way they want to live.

Yes, they aren't common, and they have little to no political representation but it's still 1.3 million citizens in the US. That's more than the populations of some states, and as I said as a group they're above average in education and ability.

You don't have to cater to them beyond recognizing them as people, but trying to take away their rights just for being different isn't good either.

To circle back to the election, very few vote against their own civil rights. I don't think all 1.3 million will turn out and vote, but if even 1/10 of them come out and vote, that's enough to tip several races. And I hope that happens.

link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami

Trump is a hate-filled, unenlightened individual. He is caving to the narrow-minded ignoramuses.

So Trump is becoming a Democrat?

+9 more 
link   

Well, here is what they they are reviewing according to the source:

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

“Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

Anyone want to deny the hard science here? It is pretty cut and dry and completely Logical. Government agencies need firm definitions on these kinds of things instead of guessing or having moving goal-posts. You would think anyone claiming any sex at any time is a bit chaotic no?
edit on 21-10-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hold me.

I don't know if I can take all this winning!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
There's always a debate regarding the actual size of the transgender population in the U.S. But in this case, I'm calling BS on the NYT's part.

There's no way in hell there are 2.5 million ( or .7% of the total population ) trans people in the U.S.
I live in one of the most progressive, deep blue, trans-friendly areas in the nation, and it's not even close. Not to mention that every other report available puts that number closer to 1 million. To inflate those numbers is dishonest and immediately discredits anything the NYT has to say on the issue.

Most estimates I've seen are that it's something that affects roughly 1/2500 people, which is .4% of the population. Roughly 1.3 million people. At first glance, .7% does seem high but I'm not sure how relevant it is. People are people, if it was just one person would it not still be wrong to try and take away their rights?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Do a couple million transgender people and all the supporters beside them need to be angered at the very same time?

There are 7+ billion humans, the transgender subset need to sort their own sh!t out instead of whining about constantly being considered the laughing stock of the human gene pool - which is what happens when you and your ilk constantly act like hyper-intolerant bigots with significant mental health issues.

Refer below for the latest proof of the retardation, that I have added to my arsenal........

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1054102454084739073

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What rights do they have that non transsexual people have exactly?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Aazadan

What rights do they have that non transsexual people have exactly?

Right for biological men to participate and win women's sporting events? Right of men claiming to be transgender using womens showers at gyms? Not sure what else as I am not sure if they can qualify for government grants and scholarships reserved for women? (which is probably what they are trying to sort out, government definitions for benefits / programs).
edit on 21-10-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Ok, that's a few people now who say this is fake.

Would you be very surprised to find out it's real? Will you be against it, if it is?

Or are you for it, but it's still fake?

I thought you didn't want to get into our feelings about whether it is right or wrong, same or insane to be transgendered.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

So if you REALLY are transgender you can use genetic evidence to prove it.

The only people here losing anything are the type of people who want to pretend to be women so they can compete in women's sports and get that easy win.

If you want to be mad because you can't play pretend at the expense of others, here's a coloring book, go to your safe space.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, very logical. But the emotions of self-identified men and woman will
be very hurt if they do go by what's on their birth certificate.
The homosexuals and transgenders and partials also will be hurt.

What hurts me is watching gay men and women pulling their baby stroller
out of their SUV and putting their small tot(s) into it. What will become of
the tots raised by gay parents? Has any long-term studies been done?
Gays/trans/selfs are a very small part of the population
(those out of the closet) but vocal and loud disproportionate to
their numbers.

I wager to say the tots raised in non-nuclear (female mother and male
father) families will be gay or mentally distorted. We have to accept
it will be the way things will be and the lgbt parades will be much
more frequent and boisterous and numerous than the occasional gay
parades we (non-lgbtself) are subjected to nowadays.

Gotta laugh at some of them though, Chelsea Manning comes to
mind. Weird that the prisons are happy to mutilate inmates on
a whim to turn a male to a psuedo-female and vice-versa.

I agree with the proposed goverment edict, but businesses, local
governments and prisons should stop their shenanigans also.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I see the story as an election trick by anti-Trump operatives.

😎👋

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: projectvxn
What about placating a fringe group like trans people and having everyone else bend over backwards to accommodate their mental illness?

And it has to be done right now, at caravan time?

Their rights couldn't be taken back AFTER the elections?

You should be happy that there is a President aiming to do the right thing regardless of upcoming elections.
Isn't that what people really want - politicians who don't think first and foremost about re-elections, power and what plays well in the media?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good on the Trump admin for pissing off a couple million people. I’m sure in the Republican mind this means they’ll all magically turn right wing for some reason.

What a joke this entire administration and the lemmings who follow it are. Republicans- the party of fear.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Forgive me for being totally off topic here...but I just snorted my drink out of my nose seeing that vid title. My reasoning? My hubby and I just spent the day strolling and shopping downtown and all about dressed up in our Fox and the Hound costumes AI just made for Halloween.

We had an absolute blast and were amazed at how so many were made so happy and smiling! We were having fun since no one even knows who we are. It was lots of fun. I pointed out to my husband that it is only acceptable because Halloween is on the horizon. Afterwards, it would probably be more creepy to others...my husband is intrigued. Says it will be interesting to experiment and we can just simply cry discrimination if others object. We can just say we believe we are a fox and hound!

Edit add: to get back to topic...I don't care who you believe you are. That is personal choice. Legality should simplify it all to genetics either you are XX or XY.
edit on 10 21 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Good on the Trump admin for pissing off a couple million people. I’m sure in the Republican mind this means they’ll all magically turn right wing for some reason.

What a joke this entire administration and the lemmings who follow it are. Republicans- the party of fear.

Don't you mean good on the New York Times since there is no evidence in the article that the Trump admin has even discussed this?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A "memo" sez the NYTimes.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What label would you apply to the Democrat party, out of curiosity?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join