It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Specifically beer farts.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

They are still refusing to testify.
Kavanaugh is telling lies. They need to investigate this.
why isnt Kavanaugh willing to let them?
you keep saying that. But no one has refused to testify. The witnesses were asked to give a sworn statement under penalty of felony. The committee investigated the claims. The Democrat Senators were invited to join and be a part of that investigation, and they refused. The Democratic senators refused. Not the witnesses.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There’s no statute of limitations on rape in Maryland.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: Lab4Us

He was trumps lawyer. Until recently.

Oh, well, since Dershowitz was Trump's lawyer then I guess we don't need to listen to anything he says.

I'm glad you agree with us that no investigation is possible.

That was a lie.

Dershowitz is a democrat and was never trumps lawyer.

www.politico.com...

Yes he was. Geez guy you do know we can look these things up right?

Show me in that article where dershowitz is trumps lawyer?

Itr says that dershowitz has been defending trump from the special counsel, and met with trump about it.

Are you just reading incorrectly or intentionally lying?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

This isn't exactly correct. There was a law change along the way, and the prior statute of limitations would apply to some cases.

link   
Flake just announced he is a yes vote.

Thats about all she wrote.

SM2

link   
Ok, it seems some people do not fully understand the FBI investigation stuff..so allow me to assist.

1. in order for the FBI to do an investigation, they either need to be asked to do so by the local authorities in the jurisdiction the crime was committed in, or a federal crime had to be involved.

2. the letter was sent to the FBI, they determined that no federal crime was committed and closed the case.

3. If there were ever any other occasions, where the Judge was ever accused of, suspected of, or committed any crimes, sexual or not, they would have come up during his multitudes of background checks and confirmation hearings for his previous positions, including his security clearance while working for the white house. Go ahead, read what the FBI and Secret Service do when you apply for a security clearence. They speak to every one you know, work with or have had any dealings with.

So, now that we covered that, the only way this would get a real investigation, is if SHE filed a police report with the local police department where the crime allegedly happened. Thats it. period. The FBI will not investigate, as it is out of their jurisdiction. Why hasn't she filed that police report? That would surely open the investigation and put an immediate stop on the confirmation process. The answer....doing that would open her, and her handlers within the democrat party to felony charges of filing a false report and false charges. it would also open them up to civil litigation on charges of defamation. They would be on the hook for piles of cash for the damage to his reputation both privately and professionally.

Remember, she has exactly ZERO evidence. none, zilch, notta, nothing. Everything she has provided has been denied by even HER friends. This is purely he said she said, and she is the accuser, so the onerous is on HER . He doesnt have to prove a thing. She has to provide enough credible EVIDENCE to do anything. Her saying some things, that , hell, maybe they are true, matters NOT AT ALL. She cant back them up at all, not even to the point where her statements are even remotely credible. Nothing is specific, thats not enough for the legal system.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

yeah
they will pick up some red state dem votes as well

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah
they will pick up some red state dem votes as well

Yep...they dont want to lose their peeps by associating with the dem $hit show.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flatcoat

If Congress tells them to investigate it, then it isn't outside their authority.

Actually it is.

Massive federal over reach investigating a 30 year teenage 'crime'.

That's not what the FBI was created for.

If anyone should be investigated it's Feinsteins party by both the FBI and Ethics committees.
edit on 28-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: ketsuko

Specifically beer farts.

the american political system is amazing

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Um, no. Any evidence to back up this allegation?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, well, since Dershowitz was Trump's lawyer then I guess we don't need to listen to anything he says.

I'm glad you agree with us that no investigation is possible.

That was a lie.

Dershowitz is a democrat and was never trumps lawyer.

www.politico.com...

Yes he was. Geez guy you do know we can look these things up right?

Show me in that article where dershowitz is trumps lawyer?

Itr says that dershowitz has been defending trump from the special counsel, and met with trump about it.

Are you just reading incorrectly or intentionally lying?

She apparently can’t comprehend that a liberal Democrat, who is a lawyer, can accurately interpret the US Constitution and explain to the American people why many on the left are incorrect in how it could be used against POTUS 45. Liberals aren’t used to their own actually using fact based arguments, as Dershowitz always has.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You raped me. There were people around.

I'll wait while they rip your life apart and leave it up to you to prove your innocence.

What is reaching is how folks are placing themselves on the side of an aisle instead of common sense.

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If someone is wrongfully accused, isn't it natural to be defensive?
I mean if someone is accusing you and you have to defend yourself how do you do that and not sound defensive?
Or should the accused just smile and say ok I will defend myself with a smile.
I think anyone here would sound defensive if accused of something that they didn't do even if it was something as simple as stealing a dollar off of a desk or a sandwich out of the fridge.
People do not like to be blamed for something they didn't do and will sound defensive, partly because these days anyone doing the accusing is believed first .

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Whoever gets nominated it will be more circus. Ginsburg will probably croak when he gets sworn in anyway. Would be great to get another American on the bench

edit on 28-9-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

and where are Kavanaughs witnesses.. Oh yeah refusing to testify.

Huh? How are there "witnesses" to something that never occurred? Heck, on that note, we are ALL witnesses to this non-event.

Call me, call me! I'll gladly testify to what I never witnessed. (dang, I think I lost a few good brain cells. just writing that)

Edit: Just to clarify (because I truly believe some are really that obtuse), they would be Dr. Ford's witnesses, since she is the one that named them. So, it would be Dr. Ford's witnesses, that "refused to testify."
edit on 28-9-2018 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

and he can say he was falling down drunk for the bulk of his younger years like he says he pretty much was in his book and dosent remember the first 20 years of his life with clarity and detail

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

carefull there RGB was tipsy at the state of the Union and drunk her self into slumber if not unconsciousness

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, fondly nicknamed ‘Notorious RBG,’ by some supporters (a reference to the deceased rapper Notorious BIG) admitted she was “not 100 percent sober” during President Barack Obama’s recent State of the Union address.

www.newsweek.com... so hey that means trump should get her off the bench right? i mean if we dont want "drunks" on the scotus right?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I don't necessarily have a problem with an FBI investigation; but neither do I see the point.

What can the FBI do that the Senate cannot do? Or has not? What is the advantage of an FBI investigation as compared to a Senate investigation?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join