It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him
I'm frankly SHOCKED that I'm posting a Fox News opinion article from Alan Dershowitz, but here we are.

The Senate Judiciary Committee needs to slow down and postpone its vote on the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court until the FBI can investigate accusations of sexual misconduct leveled against him by three women.

The accusers and other witnesses should be questioned by the FBI and then be summoned to testify before the Judiciary Committee. All sides have an interest in a full and thorough examination of these serious charges.

Maybe we can get closer to the truth, although that is not certain. But right now there are too many unanswered question to bring the confirmation of Kavanaugh – currently a judge on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia – to a vote of the Judiciary Committee as scheduled on Friday, much less to a vote of the full Senate.

In watching the riveting testimony of Professor Christine Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh Thursday before the Judiciary Committee – in which they both stated with 100 percent certainty that they were telling the truth – I was reminded of the story of the old rabbi who gave advice to quarreling married couples.

The wife began by complaining that her husband paid no attention to her, abused her, insulted her and demeaned her. After listening to her complaints the rabbi said: “My daughter, you are right.”

Then the husband complained about his wife being a bad cook, insulting and overly critical. The rabbi said: “My son, you’re right.”

The rabbi’s student assistant turned to him and said: “But rabbi, I don’t understand. They can’t possibly both be right!”

To which the rabbi responded: “My student, you’re right too.”

Is it possible that both Ford and Kavanaugh are truthfully stating what they honestly believe, but that one of them is honestly mistaken?

Ford could be mistaken about the identification of a teenage boy she barely knew about 36 years ago, despite her statement that she is certain it was a drunken Kavanaugh who shoved her onto a bed, tried unsuccessfully to take her clothes off, and put his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming.

If Kavanaugh actually did the things Ford alleges – something he vehemently denied again Thursday – he might honestly not remember the events that Ford described, especially if he was as drunk as she says he was.

It is also possible that one of them is deliberately lying. Right now, there is no way of knowing for certain, which is why the FBI needs to talk to the judge’s accusers and others.

Here's some perspective on how badly Kavanaugh and Graham screwed up yesterday. Even die hard conservative talking heads are calling for an FBI investigation now. It's time to stop stammering and whimpering and deflecting and just man up and accept that an FBI investigation should be done. Personally, I think we should just drop this confirmation altogether as I see Kavanaugh as tainted, but I'm willing to sit through an FBI investigation if that is what it takes. And hey, I could be wrong and he gets cleared anyways.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think you and Alan Dershowitz might be in the Twilight Zone.
You are seeing a different reality than most people.

Not everyone on Fox sides with Trump, contrary to rumors.
Alan Dershowitz is a liberal Harvard professor.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
People just keep forgetting that this is outside FBI jurisdiction.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

If Congress tells them to investigate it, then it isn't outside their authority.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)The Senate Judiciary Committee will once again be the scene of a national drama Friday as its members prepare to vote on President Donald Trump's embattled Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Friday's scheduled vote at 9:30 a.m. ET is an effort by Republicans to bring a swift end to a confirmation process roiled by sexual assault allegations, even as Democrats demand more answers.

the first vote will be in about an hour

send a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein and ask her why she sat on the information
you could also ask her why she did not bring it up to kavanaugh during their session

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

She sat on the information because Ford didn't want to come out publicly about it yet. This is established, and I'm already well aware that Republicans don't care about decorum and whats right. I was trying to appeal to what's left of you people's desire to get to the bottom of things.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You are seeing a different reality than most people.

No he is not. Most people are not the people here on ATS. And most people who are not members here think he sounded defensive and angry and that Ms Ford was a very credible witness. The leading consensus is that he was lying and that a full investigation is necessary. Not the idea favored here that he's a great dude just having some fun. and innocent too...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

No they are Not forgetting. It's more delay and obstruct from the douchebag Left. The FBI has done 6 background checks on Kav and none of this came up. No rumors, suggestions, gossip, etc. Now suddenly he's the organizer of multiple "rape parties" that no-one but a whack job remembers and KEPT GOING BACK TO EVEN AFTER SHE SAYS SHE WAS ASSAULTED.

This is Leftist BS and their agenda has been dragged kicking and screaming into the light.

CONFIRM KAV.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

She sat on the information because Ford didn't want to come out publicly about it yet. This is established, and I'm already well aware that Republicans don't care about decorum and whats right. I was trying to appeal to what's left of you people's desire to get to the bottom of things.

Still doesnt square with her not asking kavanauagh about it during their one on one session does it? Unless it was just a ploy to delay the nomination.
Her friend that was there denies the entire event.
What more was there to get to?
When your own witnesses deny the event, its over bub.
nice try
people will not forget this and how filthy it was
good luck in november

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What doesn't square is you inserting assumptions that could be answered with an FBI investigation.

people will not forget this and how filthy it was
good luck in november

You're right.
Poll: Support for Kavanaugh among GOP women drops 11 points
edit on 28-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

no its not and that is not what Joe Biden was saying with their pick and choose of that conversation.
He was saying they dont convict. They dont make recommendation they present the evidence to a body of law that does except for two summers ago when they not only decided the outcome they bypassed the protocol to give the info to the DOJ and just exonerated and convicted her in the same breath on TV but we wont let that come into the equation. The FBI doesnt get involved. Except when they do. Like in the Clarence Thomas Anita Hill investigation.
enough with the BS.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The problem is that this was handled on purpose in such a way that any investigation now would achieve exactly what is wanted -- extreme delay.

Had the letter and allegations been turned over in early July when they were first uncovered they would have been taken care of quietly and investigated quietly.

The problem is that such at thing would have turned up nothing actually prosecutable as anyone with half a brain can see from what has been publicly uncovered and revealed in this ugly process. DiFi likely knew that back then which is why this was saved to make it an ugly public sh1tshow.

That was always the point, not any appearance at truth or justice.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yet, Feinstein or someone in her camp leaked the info to the media. Her intentions are far from noble

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Huh, wonder what those women think after yesterday?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What doesn't square is you inserting assumptions that could be answered with an FBI investigation.

keep on beating that dead horse
people are smarter than that
the fbi did a background check on him
they found nothing to be concerned with
you have claimed to have military experience you can pretend ignorance about this all you like but we both know if there was anything to find it would have been brought forward

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Is there anything to go on other than the accusers oral statement? Any facts or evidence at all?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Evidence. Proof. Given the length of time since the allegations were to have taken place, you would need to rely on witnesses.

The ones who've been pointed present denied the woman's account.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem is that this was handled on purpose in such a way that any investigation now would achieve exactly what is wanted -- extreme delay.

Boohoo. It's the Republicans' fault for not starting an investigation that could have ended by now when these allegations first came to light.

Had the letter and allegations been turned over in early July when they were first uncovered they would have been taken care of quietly and investigated quietly.

The problem is that such at thing would have turned up nothing actually prosecutable as anyone with half a brain can see from what has been publicly uncovered and revealed in this ugly process. DiFi likely knew that back then which is why this was saved to make it an ugly public sh1tshow.

You don't know that. You are making assumptions based on all of zero investigative ability.

That was always the point, not any appearance at truth or justice.

The point is for the GOP to ram through a flawed candidate for Trump without doing proper due diligence. Don't pretend like the GOP didn't keep refuse to even GIVE Merrick Garland a hearing let a lone a vote in an unprecedented partisan seizure of SCOTUS precedent. This is what is so unbelievable about you guys. Y'all fakely pretend like Kavanaugh's confirmation can't be delayed for a LEGIT FBI investigation when you guys already supported delaying a Democratic candidate on trump up reasons.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Why bring in the FBI, when they have no reason to investigate? Has she filed charges?... or just made accusations? Why won't she file an official charge with the local LEO? They've offered to take her statement and investigate, but she just keeps up the "poor me" sh**show that the Dems are using to delay the vote till November, hoping to be back in power. It's a smear campaign. Period.

Lie.
Delay.
Obstruct.

"By Any Means"...right?

link   

Says you, but I don't believe you. Nor does the GOP lawyer in the OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join