It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Citizens are being denied passports and being sent to Detention centers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Abysha

Not so. I can give the bouncer my ID and if he feels it's a fake ID, he can not and would not let me in. Matter of fact, they would take the ID and turn it into authorities.

Believe it or not, that actually happened to me when I was 18 (back then it was legal for 18 year olds to drink in louisiana). It took me 3 days to get my ID back.

But the bouncer only suspects fake IDs of specific demographics?

You know this is wrong. And if a bouncer profiled people like that, they would be fired.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Any bouncer profiles, it´s his job.

The demography you are talking about are underage looking persons. Feelings get hurt so it´s bad and we should do away with bouncers all together.

What does the evil employer of that bouncer think? That he can have a say what kind of persons he want´s to have on his premise?

Burn him on the stake!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if this new regulation just applies to brown people? Shouldn't all birth certificates be in question?

Is it only Hispanics that have fake birth certificates? Probably huh?

you could always ask Obama or Bush, since both of their administrations did the same thing. I'm not sure this is strictly a "brown person" issue, as much as it is a problem with how some activities happened. For birth certificates to be real, I think they have to be registered with the state and have a copy in their database. If they were a fraud, then perhaps there is no copy there and questions arose due to that.

But before I jumped off the cliff with wild theories, I'd probably check into that a bit. In this one case, it's odd, since he served and worked for the government. But this is a good reason lawyers exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Not so. I can give the bouncer my ID and if he feels it's a fake ID, he can not and would not let me in. Matter of fact, they would take the ID and turn it into authorities.

Believe it or not, that actually happened to me when I was 18 (back then it was legal for 18 year olds to drink in louisiana). It took me 3 days to get my ID back.

But the bouncer only suspects fake IDs of specific demographics?

You know this is wrong. And if a bouncer profiled people like that, they would be fired.

LOL, no doubt, it a bouncer only questioned the kids who looked 16 but had id's that stated they were 26, all hell would break loose.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

With the massive numbers of Illegal Immigrants running around our country draining it and it's citizens of resources, I have absolutely zero problems with this.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

edit on 30-8-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

With the massive numbers of Illegal Immigrants running around our country draining it and it's citizens of resources, I have absolutely zero problems with this.

I’d rather be free than safe.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I’d rather be free than safe.

Unless it comes to gun ownership or speech you disagree with then it's ban hammer time right?

edit on 30-8-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Please read the entire article before commenting if you can. This is authoritarianism, plain and simple. Instituted under the guise of immigration enforcement.

Primary blame goes equally to the following.......

Harry S. Truman, 1945-1953
Dwight David Eisenhower 1953-1961
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1961-1963
Lyndon Baines Johnson, 1963-1969
Richard Milhous Nixon, 1969-1974
Gerald Rudolph Ford, 1974-1977
James Earl Carter, Jr., 1977-1981
Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1981-1989
George Herbert Walker Bush, 1989-1993
William Jefferson Clinton, 1993-2001
George Walker Bush, 2001-2009
Barack Hussein Obama, 2009-2017

Well, would you look at that!!!! I see Obama had this occur under his watch and I also see you failed to mention ANY of this in your deceptive OP. This is why no-one trusts liberals, they all all liars because lying & being deceitful is the only way they can function.

Now, about the only thing valid with the OP is the fact that some of these US citizens being denied passports did indeed serve with the military, so if they are being denied a passport even after that, they your whole system is a lie, and military service is exactly what the anti-war crowd say it is, one big fat joke whose payment is blood for money for the rich.

The fact that the US government ignores their service tells me all I need to know about the ACTUAL policies and thoughts the US government has towards those serving. Veterans are an inconvenience and too expensive, you were meant to die, not survive and have the government support you - not part of the original equation. Refer homeless vets for further testament to the governments attitude towards service members.

Anyway, back to that which you conveniently left out of your OP. Can you explain why Obama was so Hitler in allowing this to continue to occur?

Is Obama, in actual fact, a Nazi for doing what Hitler did?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Link

more quotes:

The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley. The use of midwives is a long-standing tradition in the region, in part because of the cost of hospital care.

The same midwives who provided fraudulent birth certificates also delivered thousands of babies legally in the United States. It has proved nearly impossible to distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate documents, all of them officially issued by the state of Texas decades ago.

The "system" is fast and loose and it invites crime

💥😃💥

No one cared about this sort of thing until enforcing immigration and border laws was put back on the table.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh look, facts.

“The facts don’t back up the Washington Post’s reporting. This is an irresponsible attempt to create division and stoke fear among American citizens while attempting to inflame tensions over immigration,” said Heather Nauert, a State Department spokeswoman. “Under the Trump Administration, domestic passport denials for so called ‘midwife cases’ are at a 6-year low. The reporting is a political cheap shot.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If our borders were secure this would never happen to a US citizen.
Shame, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

it's not "the Trump administration" at all, but "the government"

It's Trump's policy to criminalize hispanic people, and terrorize them. this is why people want to get rid of ICE, they are basically the KGB at this point.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

it's not "the Trump administration" at all, but "the government"

It's Trump's policy to criminalize hispanic people, and terrorize them. this is why people want to get rid of ICE, they are basically the KGB at this point.

Have a copy of that policy?

Didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh look, facts.

What facts? That piece has no additional facts - it's essentially an opinion piece

They do quote Heather Nauert: The Former Fox & Friends Host Trump Just Appointed to Top State Department Job

This is also an opinion piece:
This Is Fascism, Pure and Simple

edit on 8/30/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

www.esquire.com...different link for anyone having trouble with the wash compost

I could not read the link cause i am a broke ass poster. They want a dollar to read. I think you can only read like 10 articles for free then they want you to pay.

However going around and confiscating papers is hitlarian. There has to be a better way.

Guess you've been reading a lot of WaPo if you hit the cap of what, 10 articles?
edit on 30-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well, would you look at that!!!! I see Obama had this occur under his watch and I also see you failed to mention ANY of this in your deceptive OP. This is why no-one trusts liberals, they all all liars because lying & being deceitful is the only way they can function.

It was all in the piece he linked in the OP - if you had bothered to read it:

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley. The use of midwives is a long-standing tradition in the region, in part because of the cost of hospital care.

Then, in 2009:

"The new procedures agreed to by the government are aimed at restoring the core American values of fairness and equality to the ways in which it issues U.S. passports," said Vanita Gupta, staff attorney with the ACLU Racial Justice Program who worked on the case along with the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project. "Citizens will no longer be denied a passport solely because of their race, ancestry or because they happened to be born at home with a midwife."

Also from the OP's link:

But under President Trump, the passport denials and revocations appear to be surging, becoming part of a broader interrogation into the citizenship of people who have lived, voted and worked in the United States for their entire lives.

“We’re seeing these kind of cases skyrocketing,” said Jennifer Correro, an attorney in Houston who is defending dozens of people who have been denied passports.

We'll have to wait and see how this all gets sorted out. Not a good look on our State Department

edit on 8/30/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Oh look, facts.

“The facts don’t back up the Washington Post’s reporting. This is an irresponsible attempt to create division and stoke fear among American citizens while attempting to inflame tensions over immigration,” said Heather Nauert, a State Department spokeswoman. “Under the Trump Administration, domestic passport denials for so called ‘midwife cases’ are at a 6-year low. The reporting is a political cheap shot.”

www.foxnews.com...

Oh look, Fox News.

Lmao.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Lol@ Mark J Stern.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a reply to: SR1TX

This dude has 0 evidence of being fraudulent at all, and is denied a passport?

On top of that, the documents he was asked to provide almost guarantee that he won’t be able to prove his citizenship.

When Juan, the former soldier, received a letter from the State Department telling him it wasn’t convinced that he was a U.S. citizen, it requested a range of obscure documents — evidence of his mother’s prenatal care, his baptismal certificate, rental agreements from when he was a baby. He managed to find some of those documents but weeks later received another denial. In a letter, the government said the information “did not establish your birth in the United States.”

Good luck on finding any of that. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to look for those documents.

Well, if you have ever had your wallet stolen and a victim of i.d. theft...takes years.

Mg

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join