It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Citizens are being denied passports and being sent to Detention centers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

piece he linked in the OP - if you had bothered to read it:

I did read it and if you'd bothered to see the quote component I linked at the top of my post you would have comprehended that.

NOW - some pathetic link hidden within the OP is not the OP typing out with its keyboard the following, for all to see his objectivity and transparency........................

Title: "Trump continues Obamas and Bush's and Clintons and Reagans and Carters and Fords and Trumans policy of denying passports to US citizens"

First line of the OP: "ATS, be aware that OBAMA and all POTUS's before him did this (see attached link), therefore this is NOT, I repeat, NOT, resultant from new Trump policies - this is US government policy that supercedes POTUS's"

Cheers

edit on 30/8/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

No one cared about this sort of thing until enforcing immigration and border laws was put back on the table.

You mean until a law was actually ENFORCED ?
As it should have been all the time ?
As any other law is ?
Dang.
Who would have thunk ?
Right ?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i havent posted in a while but i had to post on this.

im native born american citizen. I have several copies of my birth certificate among other records like my social security card and some school records.

my children were born overseas. According to the US immigration department and federal law my children are considered american citizens AT BIRTH. That is the law. The law does not stipulate that there must be a piece of paper stating my child is a citizen...they are considered citizens at birth because of my proven status as an american citizen. That is the Federal law.

However....it still took me about HALF A YEAR to get my kids their passports. Why? Because the State department wanted me to prove that.....

I WAS A CITIZEN!!!!

So they had my birth certificate, they had my passport, they had some school records, they had an affidavit of my places of residence my entire life in the US.

IT wasnt enough.

They wanted old school records, old employment records old tax returns. It started to get stupid after a while.

Finally i found out that the State Department Passport Agency has a complaint line.

I called it.

I told the very sweet lady on the other end of the line that if they State Department couldnt prove i am a citizen with my birth certificate, passport and affidavit of residence then nothing else could and that their continued insistence for more documents dredged from my past were not only not accomplishing anything meaningful but were actually borderline abuse.

I told her in light of how easy it is for illegals to obtain stolen social security numbers and create a fake identity and never get caught that i actually felt persecuted for being completely legal in broad daylight with nothing to hide. I told her i felt i was actually being persecuted precisely BECAUSE i am an american citizen.

Well that did it.

The passports were sent within two days.

Now...i love me some Alex Jones...and i agree with alot of what he says. But he is a total Trump fanboy and engaged in hardcore hero worship and it makes me sick and i have called him out in it many times even on the air with him. So....i can call a spade a spade. And i believe the buck stops with Trump. And this is happening on Trumps watch and he surely knows about it. I'm not cool with it.

Not at all.

In fact...i pretty much think its just as bad as some early posters said..."hitlerian".

The real take away however is not that Trump is bad. And if thats as far as some people take this then as far as im concerned they are part of the problem.

the real problem is government itself.

go read "common sense".

thomas paine had it right.

www.learner.org... s/Common_Sense.pdf
edit on 31-8-2018 by tribal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: yuppa

the IRS sure thinks i was real. they collected taxes for the 20 yrs i was working.

Funny how the IRS has no problem knowing who someone is, while other agencies don’t seem to have a clue..

illegal, work permit, dreamer, citizen... ALL pay taxes. Being illegal in the country doesn't not prevent you from paying taxes. The IRS would not be a good place to prove anything other than that you make money that can be tracked.

OH i know. i was just pointing out how stupid the other agencies are.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Abysha

Not so. I can give the bouncer my ID and if he feels it's a fake ID, he can not and would not let me in. Matter of fact, they would take the ID and turn it into authorities.

Believe it or not, that actually happened to me when I was 18 (back then it was legal for 18 year olds to drink in louisiana). It took me 3 days to get my ID back.

But the bouncer only suspects fake IDs of specific demographics?

You know this is wrong. And if a bouncer profiled people like that, they would be fired.

LOL, no doubt, it a bouncer only questioned the kids who looked 16 but had id's that stated they were 26, all hell would break loose.

I guess it wouldn't matter if the bouncer only carded brown people?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh no not again we should just have a form made up.

Could go like this :

Trump once again shows his tendency to attack minorities. This shows his obvious disdain for (insert group ie Women,Blacks,Hispanic etc).

He's obviously shown himself to be (choose catagory ie racist,fascist or dictator).

Ill say this government doesn't require him to approve everything it does. So if something happened in a department doesn't mean Trump was even aware it was happening
edit on 8/31/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Ah, but this isn't being honest. They might be American citizens, and they also might be something else. Cracking down on people using false documents is not a bad thing, and I am not going to assume it is, just because someone is labeled a "victim".

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

This whole "brown people" comes up. When the vast majority of illegals are brown what do you expect? I love it when they
search the 90 year old in the wheel chair to make it all fair...lol give me a break.

Brown is only the obvious majority of illegals they are not the only ones caught ALL illegals are in the same boat and are treated the same.

I wish people would stop making this some kind of a brown thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Ah, but this isn't being honest. They might be American citizens, and they also might be something else. Cracking down on people using false documents is not a bad thing, and I am not going to assume it is, just because someone is labeled a "victim".

Well i did some looking into this and its nothing like they describe. What happens is if a midwife is caught lying any birth certificates she signed off on becomes suspect. Apparently its very common to claim US citizenship with falsified documents. You simply pay a midwife to claim she delivered you.

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Abysha

Not so. I can give the bouncer my ID and if he feels it's a fake ID, he can not and would not let me in. Matter of fact, they would take the ID and turn it into authorities.

Believe it or not, that actually happened to me when I was 18 (back then it was legal for 18 year olds to drink in louisiana). It took me 3 days to get my ID back.

But the bouncer only suspects fake IDs of specific demographics?

You know this is wrong. And if a bouncer profiled people like that, they would be fired.

LOL, no doubt, it a bouncer only questioned the kids who looked 16 but had id's that stated they were 26, all hell would break loose.

yes, because Brown 16 year olds with ID's saying they are 26 is a completely different thing, because, well, because they are brown.

At some point, you will have to look at the inside part of you to see why you are racist. Just because they are brown, doesn't mean they are different, everyone is pink in the middle.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

Oh look, facts.

What facts? That piece has no additional facts - it's essentially an opinion piece

They do quote Heather Nauert: The Former Fox & Friends Host Trump Just Appointed to Top State Department Job

This is also an opinion piece:
This Is Fascism, Pure and Simple

since you disagree, what are the numbers? Where is the data?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Its not claims of fake birth certificates. We know some of the birth certificates are fake. Its a matter of determining which ones. Rather than trying to pick and choose, it makes sense to address them as they come up for renewal or when they are used.

I think we should make damn sure a person is here illegally before deporting them. But this scenario is not a big surprise. When you stretch the rubber band of common sense to the breaking point, the way people have by distorting and abusing a law like birthright citizenship, you have to know that rubber band is going to snap back. This is one big a$$ rubber band and this time its going to leave a mark.

We can avoid things like this in the future by simply obeying the existing laws the way we were supposed to the first time. If we don't like the law we can change it. Until then, its the law and we need to obey it. We have immigration laws for a reason and we need to respect and obey them.

No country was ever made great by people sneaking across its borders in the middle of the night. Many countries have been destroyed that way, but none made great.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Stop granting citizenship to children born to illegals like every other country. Then this problem goes away. I blame the people who have allowed or even encouraged this problem to continue.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

From your 1st post:

Primary blame goes equally to the following.......

Not accurate

NOW - some pathetic link hidden within the OP is not the OP typing out with its keyboard the following, for all to see his objectivity and transparency........................

Not making yourself look any better - it's not your OP, not your thread. Most of us understood the OP as it was written

Yet, you felt the need to write this:

Well, would you look at that!!!! I see Obama had this occur under his watch and I also see you failed to mention ANY of this in your deceptive OP. This is why no-one trusts liberals, they all all liars because lying & being deceitful is the only way they can function.

Do you actually want us to believe you care about trust?

edit on 9/1/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

since you disagree, what are the numbers? Where is the data?

But you are mistaken - I'm not disagreeing, I'm pointing out that after you claimed to have facts, you had in fact - no facts

Now you want to deflect away from the fact that you either didn't read or didn't understand your own source?

Nope - this is on you

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So just because Juan says he was born here we have to take his word was his p parents. Not citizens ?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If your Government is indeed detaining legal U.S citizens, stripping them of their rights and possibly deporting them and this offends your sensibilities...and I know I have said this a lot on ATS lately....

What are YOU going to do about it?

Anything?

It like seems to be the way with everything these days, are you going to just sit on teh interwebz puffing and beating your chest, or are you going to actually do something about it?

For a peoples who goes on about Constitutions and Amendments and Democracy and freedoms and stuff.
You don't really seem to actually want to use them that much.

Sigh, I remember reading that Americans used to have things like Wars of Independence over such matters.
These days it seems they cannot even write even a simple letter for their beliefs.
Yet oddly can write pages and pages on the interwebz.

Think I am beginning to see where the real problems with your country lie.
Yeah yeah, my country has similar problems with backbone too these days.

Pretty sad hey?
edit on 2-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there lol. but hey not like you'll actually read what I actually wrote.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join