It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Irony defined...

Three People Shot, One Assaulted at ‘Peace Picnic’ in Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago

Three people were shot and another individual was assaulted at a “peace picnic” in Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s (D) Chicago on Saturday night.

Fox News reports the picnic was held “at Seward Park on the city’s North Side,” and advertised as a back-to-school peace event.

Witnesses said the picnic began very peacefully, then “a group of young men” arrived and violence erupted.
💥❌💥

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: carewemust

Do you ever rest your political war?

Everything in your brain is left versus right

So, no solutions, just attack the speaker. Typical.

Because liberal policies have been sooooo successful in acheiving their goals.

The success or failure of liberal policies is a worthy debate to be had.

Once the right proposes something vs. selling hate based on skin pigment, they can join the debate.

Until then it is a policy debate between racists and people trying to solve social issues.

Well the moment you can admit this is a cultural problem brought about by liberal policies the sooner the "leaders" can start working on solutions.

I'm Hispanic. I stay far away from predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods. Does that make me racist?
edit on 19-8-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Once the right proposes something vs. selling hate based on skin pigment, they can join the debate.

Until then it is a policy debate between racists and people trying to solve social issues.

Well the moment you can admit this is a cultural problem brought about by liberal policies the sooner the "leaders" can start working on solutions.

I'm Hispanic. I stay far away from predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods. Does that make me racist?

So you must not travel to Hispanic countries? Let alone visit Miami?

You can decide for yourself if you are racist or not.

I avoid bad neighborhoods, more so with family in tow.

I don't stay away from Hispanics.

Sidenote: US Marshalls raided a home last year in my very nice, very "white" suburb, about five houses down from me. The home they raided is valued around 600k if that gives you an idea. The guy was a fugitive who was on the run for a decade. He imprisoned a 12 year old girl and raped her for years before she escaped and he fled justice and was found hiding down the street from me. My kids have walked by his house thousands of times unaware of the threat.

I look out for all kinds of things. Skin color is not an indicator of danger. That bum on the street might save your life and that guy in the suit and tie might have children tied up in his basement.

If you look like you have money, best to avoid severely impoverished neighborhoods. The economic circumstances make you a brighter target.

There are lilly white parts of Appalachia I have driven through where I wouldn't stop the car either.

Economics? Poverty making folks desperate? Sure.

That has nothing to do with skin color.

edit on 19-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It is an economic problem.
It is a shrinking economic mobility issue where it is increasingly difficult for Americans to escape poverty.
It fosters cycles of desperation and crime.
It strips children of security and stability.
It does a lot of things.

But no, Hispanics are not criminals by "culture".

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Funny. I come from poverty. My mother worked hard to get us out. I continue that with my family. Oh wait, that must be my white privilege...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You point to one instance while things very similar happen in ghettos and poor neighborhoods on the daily. Glad they caught the guy. Can't say the same for lower income areas where the locals are not so inclined to talk with LEO.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

My suburban Chicago neighborhood has Hispanics who came here with nothing but a bag on their shoulders, who now own and maintain decent homes in the neighborhood.
edit on 8/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Funny. I come from poverty. My mother worked hard to get us out. I continue that with my family. Oh wait, that must be my white privilege...

That must mean you were a criminal?

Or did you live in a nice neighborhood whilst living in poverty?

Still, either way, you are still tainted by your culture (as you put it).

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

My suburban Chicago neighborhood has Hispanics who came here with nothing but a bag on their shoulders and now on decent homes in the neighborhood.

Thanks for agreeing your own OP is Race Baiting Propaganda.

He was talking about Neighborhoods. He never said your Op headline "Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values."

edit on 19-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And this is where you lose me. Great convo up to this point. Do carry on.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Rahm must be feeling the heat more than usual for him to TALK like a conservative. But again, it's just talk.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And this is where you lose me. Great convo up to this point. Do carry on.

You claimed that crime was the result of a cultural problem in Hispanic Neighborhoods, not a function of poverty or lack of economic opportunity.

You also claimed you avoid Hispanic Neighborhoods.

You also claimed you were Hispanic and escaped your impoverished youth.

If poverty was not the cause for criminal activity, then one can assume you remain tainted with the same criminal-cultural issues despite escaping poverty.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

My suburban Chicago neighborhood has Hispanics who came here with nothing but a bag on their shoulders and now on decent homes in the neighborhood.

Thanks for agreeing your own OP is Race Bating Propaganda.

He was talking about Neighborhoods. He never said your Op headline "Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values."

If I had made up that headline, I would have started this thread in Skunkworks. That headline was derived from the article's headline...and what the Black leaders here in Chicago say that Mayor Emanuel is stating.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Thanks for agreeing your own OP is Race Bating Propaganda.

If I had made up that headline, I would have started this thread in Skunkworks. That headline was derived from the article's headline...and what the Black leaders here in Chicago say that Mayor Emanuel is stating.

Yeah. SB is going from point A to point Z while skipping B through Y to get there. Keep up the good work CWM.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Boadicea

He closes schools stops all city support to the neighborhoods. He wrote off thise communities without any investment what else are teenage boys going to do? They aren't going to school they can't get a job they have no source of income other than selling drugs. To sell drugs they have to join a gang. By joining a gang they have to carry a gun.

Exactly. These kids have been forced into -- and kept in -- a no-win situation, and in very large part thanks to Rahm himself, but he's just one of a very long line of mind-boggling corrupt officials (both elected and unelected). And he's going to point fingers at everyone else???

I'd have to say if he thinks this is about morals he missed the boat. In fact he missed the entire pier. Until money starts flowing back in to those areas its only going to get worse.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit over the weekend. (And sorry I didn't reply sooner! Too much to do this weekend.) One cannot have morals without values... and one cannot have values without having something worth valuing. If we value truth, then we are honest. If we value love, then we are kind. If we value health, then we take care of ourselves.

He needs to open up youth centers to get those kids off the street. Then he needs to use those youth centers to teach these kids skills needed by employers. When you force people to have to seek illegal means to make money things get quickly out of hand. Id also suggest expanding bus routes so the adults can find jobs in other areas.

And that's just what Father Pflager and his group, and other groups, have been trying so damn hard for so many years to get the city to do. Instead of investing in the community and supporting the communities, they've been pillaged and plundered and exploited and extorted and Heaven only knows what else!!! Rahm won't even talk to them!!!

The criminal corruption in Chicago is legendary and well established. Rahm needs to point those grubby little fingers right back at himself and his cronies.

And if i were mayor opening up police precincts in the area would be a priority.

Now that they are finally getting rid of the dirtiest elements in the police force, we may see that happen. I read a report just a few days ago where someone broke down the numbers regarding use of excessive force. Just like other studies, this one showed that the vast majority of excessive force and corrupt cop complaints all go back to a handful of officers. And the numbers are crazy! Something like 90% of all complaints and payouts are attributed to only 10% of officers.

Back in the 90s, the Los Angeles gangs were getting out of control. Finally, the violence spilled out of the 'hoods and into the suburbs... suddenly the cops were able to do something about all the gang crime. But the same thing was going on in LA in that cops were working for the gangs. So part of that process was removing dirty cops.

I'm pretty darn fed up with good cops being tarred with same black brush as bad cops just because no one will do anything about the bad cops -- and their brass.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Is this propaganda? Looks like reality to me. And what the Rahmster is alluding to.

chicago.homicidewatch.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Is this propaganda? Looks like reality to me. And what the Rahmster is alluding to.

chicago.homicidewatch.org...

?????

What are you trying to say?

Have I said Chicago doesn't have an issue with crime and homicide?

Try this:

Find me where Rahm Emanuel said what the OP headline said he said.

For bonus points, tell me what the difference is between what he said and what the OP headline says.

I am trusting you are capable of objective thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The problem with these neighborhoods is that there is an element that has been left behind. Education is lacking and therefore money is lacking, with the exception of drug wealth. That leads to ALL kinds of problems. Note the word "element". Those neighborhoods also have a great many people that don't succumb to crime. They live there because they don't have the means to leave. Or they may not want to leave their families to that environment. It's not a racial issue but an economic one. See Lean on Me. Clark says in it, "Where are my white children at. Stand up. These are my white children and they have no place to go either."

ETA:

edit on 20-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You called the OP propaganda, and I am saying it is reality based on that website I posted with all the deaths listed. I cannot open the Chicago Times over here, BUT lots of Liberal folks are calling him racist. Dunno how a brown guy can be racist, but anyway....this article points out his gentrification of Chicago and how he is ignoring the black communities. Closed 50 schools in mostly black neighborhoods.
www.politico.com...

Sometimes one can just infer things because of reasonable evidence. Of course the Rahm did not utter those words verbatim, and I can get your point about the OP's title. But the INFERENCE is that is what he was talking about because of WHERE the violence is taking place, and WHO is committing the violence. Check that murder tracker website out...look at who and where those murders are taking place. It is quite obvious to me what he meant.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Dunno how a brown guy can be racist...

Really? Are you saying George Jefferson was less bigoted than Archie? Anyone can be racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join