It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
August 16, 2018

The Chicago mayor is going right for the jugular. But is he correct?

As Chicago braces for another bloody weekend, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is once again coming under fire for blaming a lack of morals in predominantly black and Hispanic neighborhoods for the recent spate of violent crime.

"I am asking … that we don’t shy away from a full discussion about the importance of family and faith helping to develop and nurture character, self-respect, a value system and a moral compass that allows kids to know good from bad and right from wrong.”

"We are going to discuss issues that have been taboo in years past because they are part of the solution. … We also have a responsibility to help nurture character. It plays a role. Our kids need that moral structure in their lives. And we cannot be scared to have this conversation.”
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Since Rahm Emanuel was President Obama's Chief of Staff, he pretty much gets a pass from most of Mainstream Media, no matter what he says..or does, or doesn't do.

Imagine the firestorm if Donald Trump were to say that violent Black and Hispanic Chicago neighborhoods lack Values and Morals!

-CareWeMust

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Jobs, jobs, real jobs are needed in all major cities, but it is easier to rob for a living or live off of govt. handouts.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am confused. Does that make him racist or right?

Imagine the firestorm if Donald Trump were to say that violent Black and Hispanic Chicago neighborhoods lack Values and Morals!

Remember what he said about illegals? Not even about our own citizens and that was reason enough for the left to attack.
Great Post. This will tell who is just talking crap on the left side and the spin they will use should be entertaining.
edit on 17-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

"I am asking … that we don’t shy away from a full discussion about the importance of family and faith helping to develop and nurture character, self-respect, a value system and a moral compass that allows kids to know good from bad and right from wrong.”

"We are going to discuss issues that have been taboo in years past because they are part of the solution. … We also have a responsibility to help nurture character. It plays a role. Our kids need that moral structure in their lives. And we cannot be scared to have this conversation.”

So is he going to step down and help a conservative get into office?

Because I haven't in 50 years heard a liberal talk about the importance of family and faith.

A liberal wants to nurture character, self-respect, a value system and a moral compass?

SoOo.. no more SJWs, no more participation trophies, more focus on a nuclear family and less reliance on government?

Is this some kinda of Mandela moment?

I am looking forward to his resignation.

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure this is what conservatives have been saying for like 20 yrs now. It’s a culture problem in the inner cities. No one can help them if they won’t help themselves.
edit on 17-8-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Jobs, jobs, real jobs are needed in all major cities, but it is easier to rob for a living or live off of govt. handouts.

After receiving a good income w/benefits, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer, it's mentally stressful to conform to a structured work enviornment, earning $10 @ hour and seeing 20% of that taken away every week by taxes, union dues, etc..

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am looking forward to his resignation.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think he is making to much money from the drug kingpins to leave just yet.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

He's right to a degree. If the parents don't give a crap about their own children, naturally the morals of the children will be sub-standard.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Remember what he said about illegals? Not even about our own citizens and that was reason enough for the left to attack.
Great Post. This will tell who is just talking crap on the left side and the spin they will use should be entertaining.

"Why not both?"

I mean, let's be honest.

Now, is the *reason* behind the truth based on race?
Who am I to tell, I refuse to immerse myself in animals and can't say for sure...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Rahm lacks anything remotely similar to ethics and morals

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wow...

Actually pinning a solution on the individuals themselves. Very uncharacteristic. Normally it's everybody else's and everything else's fault but the perpetrator.

At this point, Chicago probably needs more than "discussion". More like serious intervention in those neighborhoods. Immediately.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
he's right, they shoot each other, no one in this country holds a gun to their heads and forces them to have incredible gang violence and all that

they could choose to struggle together and if the world is truly racist there will be real proof

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Rahm will say anything for one more day in his current position.

And who is "we"..?? He keeps saying "we".

"We" need to have an honest discussion...
"we" have a responsibility to nurture character...

By saying "we" over and over again, what he really means is 'everyone but me'.... and I'll tell you what to do and you guys go do it.

Are we supposed to think NOW he cares about the community, and whether they give a damn about faith and family? Or is it more accurate to say that NOW he cares because his community has turned against him and asked for his resignation?

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Rahm Emanuel is entering a phase where he's being forced to admit that the same CONSERVATIVE family principles he applied when raising his children successfully, should be applied to ALL families.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes, it is lack of morals. The culture of the community is completely broken and dysfunctional. It is largely brought on the by the epidemic of single mothers. Liberalism and the war on poverty destroyed the black family over the last 50 years and this is the result.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Rahm lacks anything remotely similar to ethics and morals

Even dogs have some values. Let's not make the guy less than a dog.

edit on 8/17/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
THIS IS LINDEN JOHNSON'S GREAT SOCIETY after 45-50 years in the making. Democratic party be DAMNED!

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: highvein

He's right to a degree. If the parents don't give a crap about their own children, naturally the morals of the children will be sub-standard.

I weep for this truth. I know of three children stripped from a living father that now live with a spiteful mother who only keeps them because it gives her a free ride. Never worked an honest day in her life, and now she's got twice minimum wage being handed to her, earned by the sweat of a man who did nothing wrong. She doesn't even like the kids- and you can tell by the way they're being raised.

I'm watching them grow up.
Heart breaking to see it. They'll grow up to be system dependant losers at best, like their mother. At worst, outright criminals. If they were in a city where this sort of scumbag thing were common, and they were surrounded by other raised losers, I could see gangs of thieves becoming a problem.

link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Chicago police are afraid to go after the shooters, even though they know who they are. So..yes.. I agree. Outside Intervention is needed.

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: highvein

He's right, and racists will call him a racist for pointing out the elephant in the room. They will accuse him of that which they themselves are guilty of.

It's an old nazi tactic that usually only works on the uninformed.
edit on 17/8/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join