It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

Imagine the firestorm if Donald Trump were to say that violent Black and Hispanic Chicago neighborhoods lack Values and Morals!

Rahm Emanuel didn't say that though. He didn't say *anything* about race. He didn't refer to neighborhoods as "violent." His language was actually both racially neutral and inclusive:

"We also have a responsibility to help nurture character. It plays a role. Our kids need that moral structure in their lives."

And technically, he didn't say that there was a lack of either morals or values, though it could be reasonably implied. That said, his comments are off base, he's wrong and he sounds like a dip# Republican. Wherever you look, economically depressed communities have more crime, including violent crime, than other communities. The common denominator isn't a lack of morals, it's a lack of wealth and opportunity.

I don't know why you'd commit an unforced error like bringing Trump into the discussion.

He doesn't have to say black or hispanic because anyone with more than two brain cells knows that is what he is talking about. 80% of the murders in Chicago are black. The other 19% are hispanic. The 1% are usually unknown / white. 2017 that was just 20 people.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: an325nt

There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth when President Trump's WELFARE REFORM starts being fully implemented later this year. Most people don't know it's coming because the liberal media focusing on B.S. tabloid crap.

But that reform will force a ton of free-loaders to go to work, and gain a different kind of self-worth.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Rahm is not suited to lead himself, out of a wet paper bag.
Now he's calling for "morals".
He got where he's at by the lack of morals, (if voting really works).

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
While we’re on the subject, how many NFLers and NBAers showed up to Chiraq to protest the 72 shot the other weekend? Where was the BLM crew?
edit on 17-8-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Do you ever rest your political war?

Everything in your brain is left versus right

It isn't right vs left sweetheart.

It's right vs wrong.

Hope that helped.

Edited to add... beat me to it murphy22.. a star for you!!!!
edit on 17-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Breaking:

Seven people were just shot on the South Side of Chicago. One of the 7 is a toddler.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

Another Summer Chicago weekend getting off to its usual, violent start.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

NFL and NBA "players", need to play there "games" and not be so political.
Nobody cares about the opinion of people that play "games" for a "living".

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Keep in mind too for those that don't know... the typical age of a "shooter" in Chicago is 15 years old. Let that sink in...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Do you ever rest your political war?

Everything in your brain is left versus right

I probably should watch CNN less. Fifteen minutes today made my blood boil.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't know why you'd commit an unforced error like bringing Trump into the discussion.

But you have to ask yourself what in HADES is an unforced error ?
Definition , please.
Certified definition and not your own.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ahhh the irony of Democrats lecturing about values they themselves destroyed by making the 2 parents living in the same household families a rarity in those areas the Mayor of Chicago is lecturing about.

Maybe they should try a different Party for a change.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

You don’t unless a leader comes along and unites the inner cities.most of these guys get off on street Cred and saying f it to traditional values. You’re “acting white” if you get good grades and pay attention in school. The whole system is broken beyond repair at this point.

You just described what mayor Emanuel is saying, but you've stated it more plainly than he did.

link   

I don’t wanna wanna use term be “grasping at straws” since I live in CA, but between Rahm’s comment and Cuomo’s earlier this week, I feel like some staunch Dems are realizing they need to up their game at any cost and are willing to say grossly and wildly unpopular things....

edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

link   
Is Rahm Emanuel now alt-right?

On a side note

*clap* *clap* *clap*

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

“On either side of a potentially violent conflict, an opportunity exists to exercise compassion and diminish fear based on recognition of each other's humanity. Without such recognition, fear fueled by uninformed assumptions, cultural prejudice, desperation to meet basic human needs, or the panicked uncertainty of the moment explodes into violence.”
― Aberjhani

Many of the Chicago shootings aren't really "violent conflicts", in the usual sense. People just minding their own business are getting blasted.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Yes, it is lack of morals. The culture of the community is completely broken and dysfunctional. It is largely brought on the by the epidemic of single mothers. Liberalism and the war on poverty destroyed the black family over the last 50 years and this is the result.

Amen to that. It's the one indicator that cuts across all races as a determiner of success for a child. Have a stable two parent home and most other things fall into place.

We should do more as a society to encourage 2 parent households rather than have policies that discourage that.

But what do I know.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
he definitely is speaking some truth here. if these people had ethics and values they wouldn't be on the streets gang banging and shooting each other....there is a lot of moral decay throughout the usa in all walks of life. the opiod and drug epidemic is not helping either.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
While we’re on the subject, how many NFLers and NBAers showed up to Chiraq to protest the 72 shot the other weekend? Where was the BLM crew?

I didn't see any of them at the big Washington D.C. protests last weekend either.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

“On either side of a potentially violent conflict, an opportunity exists to exercise compassion and diminish fear based on recognition of each other's humanity. Without such recognition, fear fueled by uninformed assumptions, cultural prejudice, desperation to meet basic human needs, or the panicked uncertainty of the moment explodes into violence.”
― Aberjhani

Many of the Chicago shootings aren't really "violent conflicts", in the usual sense. People just minding their own business are getting blasted.

Innocents do get hit, but the vast majority are in fact gang beefs. Usually when an innocent is hit it is because they are in the vicinity of a rival gang member who was the actual target. Rival gangs get word and shoot up the block in disregard to those that aren't really the target. Wrong place, wrong time.

The vast majority of Chicagoans really have no fear of being shot or caught up in gang violence as almost all of it is concentrated in fairly small areas within the west and south sides of the city. The city itself is generally quite safe. No different than any other major city. Just your typical petty crimes, etc.

With that said, the innocents that are shot are usually connected indirectly to the target. You are at a block BBQ and your cousin Pookie who claims Black Disciples is there. The Gangster Disciples find out (usually cause Pookie likes to post on instragram and facebook taunting his rivals) and do a drive by and wind up hitting someone who may not necessarily be in the gang, but still lives on the block.

edit on 17-8-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This guy has always given me the creeps ever since I saw that vid clip where he talked about canceling the 2nd amendment for people on the terror watchlist back when Obama was running for president.

How interesting that he now just happens to be mayor of Chicago, huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join