It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL, all of that I wrote and you picked that out? That was a tongue in cheek comment. Rahm isn't racist...he hates poor people. So what is that...Pooraphobic, notrichaphobic, ghettophobic?

Those are two great characters BTW and I heard meathead saying Carrol Oconner was more left wing than him. Calling your Kids a Zebra though, that was awesome. Can you imagine the triggers if that was shown in High School?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: soberbacchus

BUT lots of Liberal folks are calling him racist.

I don't care what "lot's of liberals" call someone or what "lot's of Right Wingers" call someone.

I don't take a poll to decide what to think or what the facts show.

Of course the Rahm did not utter those words verbatim, and I can get your point about the OP's title. But the INFERENCE is that is what he was talking about because of WHERE the violence is taking place, and WHO is committing the violence.

Great! We agree!

So rather than an OP Headline that Race Baits suggesting he said something he didn't:

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

THIS IS WHAT HE SAID:

“This may not be politically correct,"
"but I know the power of what faith and family can do. … Our kids need that structure. … I am asking … that we also don’t shy away from a full discussion about the importance of family and faith helping to develop and nurture character, self-respect, a value system and a moral compass that allows kids to know good from bad and right from wrong.”

“If we’re going to solve this … we’ve got to have a real discussion. … Parts of the conversation cannot be off-limits because it’s not politically comfortable. … We are going to discuss issues that have been taboo in years past because they are part of the solution. … We also have a responsibility to help nurture character. It plays a role. Our kids need that moral structure in their lives. And we cannot be scared to have this conversation.”

I can't even find the words Black, Hispanic or even "Neighborhood" in that quote.

Of course he was talking about Families in Crime Ridden Neighborhoods that might be predominantly minority, but he did not marry Race to Lack of Morals as if there was a causal relationship the way the OP chose to when it spun the BS for race baiting purposes.he did not even mention race

What the Mayor said could be the same thing any Mayor might say to address school shootings, upticks in teen Overdoses or crime etc.

Family upbringing does matter for children and that has nothing to do with skin color.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Those are two great characters BTW and I heard meathead saying Carrol Oconner was more left wing than him. Calling your Kids a Zebra though, that was awesome. Can you imagine the triggers if that was shown in High School?

Pretty sure the appeal Carrol Oconner's character was that people were laughing AT him.

I am honestly curious though about the "triggers" thing , since it seems to be a popular concept amongst the right.

What is it that brings joy or reward by intentionally offending or upsetting someone else solely for the purpose of upsetting them?

It makes me think of folks that called people the N-Word in days of old.

I never understood where the satisfaction in doing so originated from.

Honest question. What "feels good" about it?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Pretty sure the appeal Carrol Oconner's character was that people were laughing AT him.

Yup. And he was great at it. We need more of that today. But you try it and you've got people screaming... something. I bet CBS is the first.
They seems to be on the end credit of most of my favorite shows.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I agree that the headline took liberties, BUT, I do not agree that Rahm is addressing white folks in this particular instance. Like I said, look at those names and addresses on the death count in Chicago. The OP is about a very specific instance and I feel yours is a blanket response to any incident, anywhere. And I shouldn't have mentioned liberals per se, but BOTH sides are giving him hell for his "racist" response.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You would be wrong that "trigger" is a Right invention. The mad, mad far left started it right after Trump was elected. Remember the lady screaming Noooooooooo. Then Michigan and other colleges started offering safe spaces with coloring books. MICHIGAN FFS, a school of supposed higher learning. Now that has descended yet further by people being offended because one did not address them by the correct gender or pronoun....1 of 257 million combinations as it were.

Calling someone a 'n-word' was a term of disrespect and belittlement because of the culture of the times. Times changed and it's an abhorrent word.....even to type it feels dirty. BUT you cannot hide from it or run from it. It is there....deal with it.

And no normal person sets out to trigger anyone. But if a person is of such a delicate constitution that they cannot engage in a controversial topic with civility and decorum without falling to the ground and wailing like my 2 year old granddaughter....well I cannot be held responsible.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Mel Brooks said that in no way would Blazing Saddles be socially acceptable. All because nobody can see the satire and ridiculousness of racism. Making fun of it should be a good trigger...open up a real discussion.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I agree that the headline took liberties, BUT, I do not agree that Rahm is addressing white folks in this particular instance.

Either do I. Causation. The OP Headline married race and lack of morals in a causative way. Rahm will discuss poverty and family values etc. Those are issues in predominantly minority neighborhoods, but not exclusive to them. To "infer" that "Black and Hispanic" equals "Lack of moral values" was a race baiting spin that didn't exist in Rahm's quote.

And I shouldn't have mentioned liberals per se, but BOTH sides are giving him hell for his "racist" response.

I am not a Rahm fan. But I am a fan of objective thought and not letting the News tell me how to feel.

FOX spun this for political purposes. The OP spun it further for the same purposes. Some on the left jumped on board because they knee-jerk defend minority populations and thinking deeper is not their thing, talking loudly is.

I am concerned with reality.

edit on 20-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And no normal person sets out to trigger anyone. But if a person is of such a delicate constitution that they cannot engage in a controversial topic with civility and decorum without falling to the ground and wailing like my 2 year old granddaughter....well I cannot be held responsible.

Disagree.
In as much as the right celebrates "triggering" in the form of "trolling" which is the admitted form of verbally provoking someone with statements that you might or might not believe, but hope will upset the recipient?

Or some definition similar?

I am of a generation where I have older relatives that say things like "I think N-s are no different than White people or anyone else". Seriously, what to do with a statement both offensive and preaching equality at the same time?

Personally I am of generation that recognizes words are easy to let go.

Still, I have little patience for false offense. Sentiment matters more than word choices.
Trump hasn't used the N word in public speeches, but his sentiment toward minority groups is equally as ugly.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I can agree with your concerns over race-baiting. But in this particular instance, we are talking about violence in Chicago. And although Rahm may not have mentioned the OP's words verbatim, I think a reasonable person could take it that the specific neighborhoods where the violence is taking place are lacking in morals and values. Those specific places, and the dead are 100% black men, according to the article I linked to.
So, in this specific instance, one can reasonably assume that he is talking about a lack of values where the gang bangers live. And one reason is that nobody will ID any of the killers.

The Politico article I linked is enlightening. He tried to get a Whole Foods store opened up on the South side. I mean really Rahm???

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Edumakated

People need to stop fearing criminals and gangsters.

Thats why we have a 2nd amendment. Scared? Carry a gun.

If the good people of those communities decided they had had enough of the gangsters ans leave or fight back the culture will change. I cant imagine theres many left who would live under those circumstances.

Geniuses like Rahm enact policies that effectively price poor people in high-crime neighborhoods from being able to own a gun.

Unless of course they get them from illegal means. So as usual, in these liberal utopias, only the criminals have guns.

But it's not just a liberal problem. Seattle and San Francisco and New York city are liberal cities but don't have the violence and poverty problems that Chicago has. There's something else going on there.

It is an urban black community problem which by extension is a liberal city problem. While Seattle and New York or even other cities don't have the same crime levels overall, I guarantee what gun violence they do have will be concentrated in the small impoverished black communities.

New York is almost totally gentrified and the police have aggressively rooted out thugs and firearms with programs like stop and frisk. Guillani cleaned up NYC. Seattle is lily white. Not really an apt comparison.

I think new york is a good comparison. What works in New York will work in Chicago, I bring up Seattle so that you can see that Gun Violence isn't just a liberal issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: amazing

It's not poverty. It's culture.

Jews and Asians can and have lived in equally impoverished circumstances without suffering near the moral declines. In fact, many have entirely reversed their fortunes within a couple generations despite the impoverished circumstances once any legal barriers were removed.

But poverty is the root. In other cultures-Asian/Hispanic/Jewish...there's more reliance on extended family. A bigger support system. Americans//black or white...don't seem to have that support system...that extended family.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If you are truly "concerned with reality", then you would know that a faction of far left/right lunatics is responsible for most of the trolling. It is not a term exclusive to the right. Witness the numerous incidents where Right-wing political types have been verbally/physically assaulted in a place of private business. It is the same with these right-wing hate groups marching. Who comes to meet them? Their left-wing counterparts looking for a fight.

As far as your Trump comment, what minorities are you talking about? If you are talking about doodoo hole countries....those people are not minorities in their country. If you are talking illegals, well they are 99.9% brown, so that is not a sentiment, but a fact.
Again, you cannot be concerned with reality but use a blanket statement like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Monday, August 20, 2018

This past weekend, 59 people were shot in Chicago.

abc7chicago.com...

The Chicago TV media did not mention it today. Things are getting back to "normal". Very sad and tragic.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Until Benefits are rightfully returned to a 'last resort' and 'for the truly needy and badly off' and NOT 'simply because you can't be arsed to work' then this will go on..

Here in the UK its seen as a right to get benefits if you choose not to work simply because you don't want to, we have a full range of people demanding these 'rights', its not one group, its a mass group of colours creeds and religions. Sadly this continues unchecked because we appraise demanding proof of need as a social bias instead of the safeguard so the GENUINELY needy do get them and are not told 'we have had to cut your old age concessions' etc.

From what I see on numerous news sources via the Internet which are classed as clean news ie no full on political bias and report stuff because its what happened rather than censor it to suit, then what is shown there is that America has a huge 'culture' if you will of benefit demanding in the Black community and a section that chooses criminality and zero education over a decent days work. And what's worse they seem to be able to live VERY well off this money and not be the 'hard done by folks' they make out. Sure, its a section and not the rule but its a hell of a big section.

I doubt this guy will be allowed to run with this idea as liberal extremists will scream and and play the usual cards, a great shame because it IS the elephant in the room and its getting to biggest biggest unseen / ignored elephant out there..

Paul..And yes, I worked all my life till I could work no more, I didn't have jobs forced on me, I went looking for them the day I left school.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I guess the blowback from Rahm's honesty about Chicago's dangerous neighborhoods, and the inability to do what needs to be done to clean them up, prompted him to decide not to run for another term.

When the next Chicago mayoral election occurs in 2019, Rahm Emmanuel will NOT be a candidate.

STORY: chicago.suntimes.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Chicago Mayoral (runoff) election today.

Black Female Lesbian vs Black Female Bookworm

23% Turnout (yawn...)

Live Updates starting at 7pm Central: www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 4/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, April 2, 2019

23% Turnout (yawn...)

Commentaries by Jusse Smollett 😎

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, April 2, 2019

23% Turnout (yawn...)

Commentaries by Jusse Smollett 😎

And R. KELLEY

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join