It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Imagine going to a psych ward and finding someone else who believes they are a carrot.

Would that be proof that you are a carrot?
Or just proof that people can come to the same wrong conclusions?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Imagine going to a psych ward and finding someone else who believes they are a carrot.

Would that be proof that you are a carrot?
Or just proof that people can come to the same wrong conclusions?

Are you seeing these words?
You are the seeing aspect that never goes anywhere.....................everything appears in that seeing.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I must be lacking in consciousness or awareness in order for this to be the responses I get.

I think when you have expansion of consciousness you will leave most behind. Your concepts will also be found in the Bhagavad Gita. Knowing these things on an intellectual level and incorporating them into your reality are two different things, the last being the challenge.

I interpret the second one . The universe is the mind, as the universe is information, the cumulative information of all, the creator and the creations. As Edgar Cayce used to say "thoughts (information) are things".
edit on 15-8-2018 by pointessa because: added

edit on 15-8-2018 by pointessa because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think when you come off as knowing some truth that others haven't arrived at yet it comes off as condescending and arrogant and that is why people are responding in the way they are to your OP.

Why would saying something that others might not understand come off as condescending and arrogant? What a tedious world it would be if each of us self censored as not to introduce new or challenging concepts into the world for fear of offending someone? If an individual can't listen to something they don't understand without being defensive or disrespectul, I pity them.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

So he starts well with the good point of not having the ability to find an answer.

Then there's vague horoscope talk which is massively open to interpretation and ends with claiming to be god.

The only people who claim to know are fools or liars.
I think this guys a liar.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think when you come off as knowing some truth that others haven't arrived at yet it comes of a condescending and arrogant and that is why people are responding in the way they are to your OP.

Exactly. For all these people who pontificate the "way life is" my question is: "How do you know?"

I believe the best way and only way is to practice the principles of your beliefs and see how it effects your life. Through persistent and sincere practice the truth of your premise will bear out or it won't .

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
Why would saying something that others might not understand come off as condescending and arrogant?

Perhaps one day you might understand.
Don't worry, it took me a long time.

Just keep working at it and with any luck you will find the answer to that question.
I'm happy to give you guidance if you like.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Have you heard the expression 'Pearls before swine'?
Namaste.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So he starts well with the good point of not having the ability to find an answer.

Then there's vague horoscope talk which is massively open to interpretation and ends with claiming to be god.

The only people who claim to know are fools or liars.
I think this guys a liar.

I disagree. This guy is a fool. He claims he doesn't have the ability to find an answer, but claims that he is God, which really is just another way of him saying that even he didn't understand anything he just said.

Itsnowagain speaks the same mumbo jumbo. Unfortunately, I believe that itsnowagain follows this train of thought because he/she (I'll call him "he") suffered some kind of childhood trauma that he can't mentally deal with. That's why he keeps saying that only the here and now matters and we should not think about the past or future. Doing this allows itsnowagain to forget about the past, but not learn from his past, and repeat his same mistakes over and over again. Somehow, "nothingness" has allowed itsnowagain some form of peace in not having to think for himself because nothing matters. All he has really done is empty his mind to a point of his brain falling out, ultimately resulting in his words not having any meaning, even to him.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Itsnowagain speaks the same mumbo jumbo. Unfortunately, I believe that itsnowagain follows this train of thought because he/she (I'll call him "he") suffered some kind of childhood trauma that he can't mentally deal with. That's why he keeps saying that only the here and now matters and we should not think about the past or future.

Here and now is all that is appearing. Within that appearance can appear thoughts that speak of other than there really is. Here and now is what there is..............is all there is.

Thoughts, sensations, language all appears now.................because the seeing is ever present.

The ever present aware space of now constantly appears different.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I disagree. This guy is a fool. He claims he doesn't have the ability to find an answer, but claims that he is God, which really is just another way of him saying that even he didn't understand anything he just said.

Possibly.
Personally I think this sort of doublespeak requires the understanding that it's all lies.

I could easily be wrong, but I'm confident at least one of us is right.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Here and now is all that is appearing. Within that appearance can appear thoughts that speak of other than there really is. Here and now is what there is..............is all there is.

Thoughts, sensations, language all appears now.................because the seeing is ever present.

As most of us already know, all that we see with the eye or feel within ourselves isn't all that there is. You convince yourself that's all that exists, but you're only fooling yourself.

Based on your comment above, what meaning and purpose does any of that hold for you?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

As most of us already know, all that we see with the eye or feel within ourselves isn't all that there is. You convince yourself that's all that exists, but you're only fooling yourself.
It is an assumption made by the mind (thought speak...mental stories) that there is more than there is...............where is it?
Do you 'know' there is more or do you 'believe' in things that are not?
If there is a story running (in the head) about something that happened yesterday or 10 years ago.....it can be recognised that it is 'not happening' by looking at 'what is happening' (now is happening) ........then the peace that surpasses all understanding will be uncovered.
Peace is always here and now but it may be veiled by thoughts about me in time.

Are any of the thoughts ever true? Or is That which the thoughts appear in, true? Does any thought persist or is it the ever present aware space the thoughts come and go in that never comes or goes? The ever present aware space gets overlooked...because it is full of this appearance.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If there is a story running (in the head) about something that happened yesterday or 10 years ago.....it can be recognised that it is 'not happening' by looking at 'what is happening' (now is happening) ........then the peace that surpasses all understanding will be uncovered.

All you've really said here is that ignoring the past brings you peace and that this peace allows you the choice to not understand the past. By doing this, you haven't "uncovered" anything. You've only explained how you've chosen to ignore true understanding.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

All you've really said here is that ignoring the past brings you peace and that this peace allows you the choice to not understand the past. By doing this, you haven't "uncovered" anything. You've only explained how you've chosen to ignore true understanding.

The past is not here unless you believe what the mind is speaking........but there is something here and now that is real and alive. Ever heard the expression 'graven image'...........a dead image?
Isn't this god thing about finding peace? If you don't want peace then keep worshipping the mind....believe in the mind.
There is peace here always..............beneath all the sound and fury that is witnessed.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Isn't this god thing about finding peace? If you don't want peace then keep worshipping the mind....believe in the mind.

This "god thing" is about finding truth, not ignoring it. While you claim that you have peace by ignoring the past, I don't believe it, although I do understand how deluding oneself can be used as a defense mechanism to try and protect ones own mental stability.

I don't worship the mind, but I do believe that God gave us a brain to learn, even from our past. We were created to analyze these things and learn from them. What have you learned? That ignoring a situation brings you peace? If that's what brings you happiness, so be it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Ever heard the expression 'graven image'...........a dead image?

No, not a dead image.

an object of worship carved usually from wood or stone

Have you ever had anything engraved?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

It is about making an idol.................God said 'do not make an idol of me'.
If you make a idol you have made a thing that is not the real thing..................if you see yourself in time then that 'you' is an idol...it is also a graven image..........it is not alive.
You are always here.................and thoughts of you may pop up but that one must be crucified.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This "god thing" is about finding truth, not ignoring it.

What is now is true..........but it is ignored because it is always here and does not seem important. But if there was no now how could concepts about other times appear.
Now is where everything appears.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you make a idol you have made a thing that is not the real thing..................if you see yourself in time then that 'you' is an idol...it is also a graven image..........it is not alive.

Besides the fact that you need some serious help, if you don't see yourself in time, then you are living in your own created reality outside of the one that you were put in for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join