It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I had an experience during a shamanic journey over a decade ago where I had these 2 realizations.

Realization 1. God is the ALL in everything.

Realization 2. The universe is the mind. Mind is the universe.

Now, many years later I have discovered the philosophy of Hermes. Many of you have heard of some of the sayings of Hermes or Thoth as he is known by the Egyptians as they eventually deified him.

The All
"The All" in All

The All (also called The One, The Absolute, The Great One, The Creator, The Supreme Mind, The Supreme Good, The Father, and The All Mother) is the Hermetic, pantheistic, pandeistic or panentheistic view of God, which is that everything that is, or at least that can be experienced, collectively makes up The All. One Hermetic maxim states, "While All is in The All, it is equally true that The All is in All."[1] The All can also be seen to be androgynous, possessing both masculine and feminine qualities in equal part.[2]

God is the all in everything. We can become closer to god by expanding awareness and dissolving boundaries, looking to see things not as separate from us but as us themselves. We are all everything and god as god is us and everything.

Everything resides within the mind of god or all.

edit on 14-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Welcome to the "No Sh!t Sherlock" school of mystics.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

it's not so "no # sherlock" to the reductionist, in fact the truth is impossible for them to understand

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The Universe is Mental

Yes. it most certainly is, and gets nuttier every day.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

seee ^^^^^

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
All is one and one is all.

But all your base has belong to us.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadultsYou may have an idea of All That Is, which is your idea to hold onto, but that’s just your idea.

It’s your perception or understanding of All That Is. It is not All That Is itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

There is no god, sorry to say. We're alone in this journey at the end of the road, I know it can be difficult for some to accept.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I must be lacking in consciousness or awareness in order for this to be the responses I get.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

There is no god, sorry to say. We're alone in this journey at the end of the road, I know it can be difficult for some to accept.

Actually, together we make up what you call God.

It isn't a hard concept to understand... the sum of our subconsciousness is bigger than our individual parts.

It is everything. It is the Tapestry.

The Hopi understood this years before there was what you would call civilization.

Having "civilization" never changed that... it just made it a more obscure concept as religion after religion attempted to explain and describe something that isn't describable by its parts. It can only be described as a whole.

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. In the case of the first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said "This being is like a thick snake". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, the elephant is a pillar like a tree-trunk. The blind man who placed his hand upon its side said, "elephant is a wall". Another who felt its tail, described it as a rope. The last felt its tusk, stating the elephant is that which is hard, smooth and like a spear.

A parable that applies. The earliest versions of the parable of blind men and elephant is found in Buddhist, Hindu and Jain texts.

Good to see that some understand that.. a nod to the OP for bringing it up.

edit on 14-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Many of the ancient spiritual practices were centered around this belief. Weather it was understood with such clarity I don't know.

It is evident and misunderstood in their worship of nature and all things.

Then reductionist came along with their "science" or magic as I know it and yes religion as well and they told us we are saparate from god.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Many of the ancient spiritual practices were centered around this belief. Weather it was understood with such clarity I don't know.

It is evident and misunderstood in their worship of nature and all things.

It is a worldwide concept. I edited my post to include the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

You are on the right track, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. In the case of the first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said "This being is like a thick snake". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, the elephant is a pillar like a tree-trunk. The blind man who placed his hand upon its side said, "elephant is a wall". Another who felt its tail, described it as a rope. The last felt its tusk, stating the elephant is that which is hard, smooth and like a spear.

just caught that, amazing parable where did that come from?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think when you come off as knowing some truth that others haven't arrived at yet it comes off as condescending and arrogant and that is why people are responding in the way they are to your OP.

edit on 2018/8/14 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

your post is pretty worthless

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I didn't read it that way, but I was raised knowing what he's talking about so maybe I missed the tone?

~shrug~

Edited to add... just saw his last post so nevermind... LOL

edit on 14-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

his post was pretty worthless, he project himself onto my post inferring something that was never mentioned with no quote and no breakdowns and then insulting me

you get what you give

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I must be lacking in consciousness or awareness in order for this to be the responses I get.

Please hang on to your faith.

One's spiritual journey has been described as being similar to climbing a mountain. Sometimes you may not see anybody for a longtime as you make your way upwards. Then towards the
top, you meet up with others who have made the same effort. You are not alone.

edit on 14-8-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added quote for context

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

his post was pretty worthless, he project himself onto my post inferring something that was never mentioned with no quote and no breakdowns and then insulting me

you get what you give

I am going to go out on a limb here and give you some Truth. Take it for what it is worth.

You may somewhat understand the basic concept, but knowing the concept and being able to do anything with it are two different things.

First off, harboring negative thoughts and attitudes will ensure that there will be no way you can do anything with it.

There are three legs on the chair.

The first leg is attitude. Negative emotions, negative thoughts, hatred and all the mental negatives are 1/3 of the equation. Your body and mind are electric... they can either be a positive charge or a negative. Negative thoughts and stresses, for instance, will lower your body's pH. You literally become negative.

The second leg is environment. The more toxic crap you wade though each day, the more electrical garbage around you, the more radiation and pollution, the more negative you make your body.

The third leg is diet. The more sugar you pound down, the more processed flour, the more acidic foods you eat, the more your body becomes more acidic and less alkaline. The more your body becomes a negative charge.

Now, this may just sound like a way to live longer and have a less disease and cancer free life, but it also makes you literally more positive.

The more positive your body and mind is, the closer you can get to not only accessing but using the concept you are talking about.

I'm going to leave it at that because that's the first half of chapter one on how to take what you have learned and actually apply it to your life.

The only reason you can't see the Tapestry is because you have physically and mentally put yourself in a place where you cannot see it.

You are one of the blind men, attempting to describe the elephant.

I have gone out of my way to type this in the hopes that somewhere in this post you will see a Truth.

I wish you luck on your journey and hope that you will not find this post as anything negative.

It is, as always, merely my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think when you come off as knowing some truth that others haven't arrived at yet it comes of a condescending and arrogant and that is why people are responding in the way they are to your OP.

Exactly. For all these people who pontificate the "way life is" my question is: "How do you know?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join