It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35's transpher to Turkey has been blocked.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Trump administration has blocked the transfer of F-35's to Turkey. This came over the objections of the Pentagon. While F-35's have been delivered they remain at Luke AFB in the US while the pilots begin training.

The US and Turkey have been at odds as of late and relations are bound to go further south after this. On the other hand Turkey was going to buy the S-400 SAM system and there are concerns about the integrity of the F-35 in a linked environment.

Other weapons systems are also going to be evaluated. Its pretty obvious that the next move will to be either restrict or outright kick the US out of Incirlik Air Base.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good call, erdogan is a hot mess that needs sorting, obvious trust issues as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I am going to assume (or just be hopeful) that any Nukes have already been removed from that base.

So many dangers.

If they do throw the US out ... those very same pilots may come back for a visit. It would be a quick visit ... sort of like in and out and being the life of the party for a small amount of time.

P

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I agree. I hope US learnt from the past and pulled the Nukes out. If not, I'd seriously suggest they do ASAP before the base is shut down.

regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Good. Turkey under Erdogan is not headed in a positive Western way. What NATO member buys arms from Russia?

That plus the blackmail that Turkey did during the initial Migrant wave, makes me doubt Turkey's true intentions.

Erdogan gutted the Military of any opposition to him, even before the Coup crackdown.

Sad to see.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Not disappointed, but this is extremely delicate as they are a partner in the program. What happens to their workshare, for example? What does that do to timelines and costs for the whole program? Who picks up the workshare?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Not disappointed, but this is extremely delicate as they are a partner in the program. What happens to their workshare, for example? What does that do to timelines and costs for the whole program? Who picks up the workshare?

Yep That's A Tricky task. I always thought it was a stupid idea to spread it around as far as they did. Turkey didn't have the track record like some other allies.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Who's stupid idea was it ... and why?

P

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Good Question.

Sharing top technology with Canada or the UK is fine, but Turkey? Sorry, they haven't proved it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

They joined up in 2002. Erdogan didnt become President until 2003. Negotiations started under Clinton and post 9-11 GWOT sealed the deal.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

There's a huge problem in Turkey accusations are being made that the US forces tried to overthrow the turkish government.

Im not to worried about about Turkey asking the US to leave any thing sensitive would be on a plane for germany. The problem becomes if they decided to raid the US base. It would probably start a war but Turkey is acting very unpredictable.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

There's a huge problem in Turkey accusations are being made that the US forces tried to overthrow the turkish government.

Im not to worried about about Turkey asking the US to leave any thing sensitive would be on a plane for germany. The problem becomes if they decided to raid the US base. It would probably start a war but Turkey is acting very unpredictable.

www.thedrive.com...

Far out, I wouldnt put it past the US who has a proven track record of creating and supporting coups but not the Air Force, surely the CIA if anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wasnt Turkey going out on its own to build its own Stealth platform?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

im sure they were once they got their hands on the f-35

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yes, it's called the TF-X. it's having some problems with some of the contracts now. Erdogan, in his effort to avoid using US components, went with British ones instead. The contract negotiations have turned rather acrimonious. Supposedly, the aircraft was to fly in 2023.

We shall see.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting Bae want to play..Not sure what Russia can do when they have much drama with the Su57.
TAI well they already have experience with F35 components.
www.compositesworld.com...

edit on 18-8-2018 by Blackfinger because: changed it all.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Airframe is going to be local.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thank God. This was a very good call. I would still be worried about how much has already been shared that can be used against us.

The Pentagon's idea of giving TURKEY!?! one of our best war planes was absolutely idiotic.

edit on 8 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yep edited.Thanks mate,late night last night..

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
U.S. should not sell F-35 jets to Turkey unless it drops Russian system: U.S. general

www.reuters.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join