It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public housing smoking ban in effect nationwide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Sure sounds like #FREEDOM to me!

Yeah, freedom when they are literally asking for the government to provide them with a cage to keep them warm and dry.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I can just picture a rash of police shootings against smoking, 'perpetrators'.

If that man was an smoker, it was just a matter of time anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I can just picture a rash of police shootings against smoking, 'perpetrators'.

It will be nothing like that. If the people choose to smoke in the place they will prob get fined and eventually evicted. They will prob have to pay the damages as well and not qualify to housing for a while.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am torn on the issue. I don’t like the restriction of freedom, but since you are essentially a “guest” of the state in these housing developments it seems fair that you should have to abide by their rules.

That is the rub: when the government is a source of income, they have power over the people. That is not how it should be. The government should be a whipped and cowering dog when its master stands up.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Conversely, governments reap massive revenue from the high taxation on tobacco. I don't hear them complaining about that. I am addicted to nicotine and have been for 32 years.

There has been a warning label on every pack of smokes since 1966.
Long before you started smoking.

Not in the UK. That was 1971. "Tobacco CAN damage your health". Tobacco advertising, you know, the ads making smoking look cool and sexy were only banned in the 80's or 90's I believe. Most people start smoking in their teen years when they feel invincible. At least I did. I started age 12. It was socially acceptable.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I choose to pay my taxes so that the money can be used to help people that need it.

I want them to use that money to buy WHATEVER they like.

It is not my place to tell other adults how to live their lives.

I choose to help them even if they don't want to live the way that I do or in the way that I think is best.

My help has no conditions.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
and will just create a bigger black market for luxury items like tobacco.
what? Lol why would it create a black market for tobacco

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My husband and I live in an apartment complex that works with housing for those who need it, but we pay the full $1200 rent because we bring in enough money to be able to do so and still live comfortably. Including buying our luxury cigarettes.
Should we also have to abide by this new, invasive, restrictive rule? Are we still basically "guests" of the state? Gotta say, this pisses me off. I will smoke in my own home, that I pay for faithfully, every single month on a 12 month lease for the last 10 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I choose to pay my taxes

No you don’t, nice try though

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I choose to pay my taxes so that the money can be used to help people that need it.

I want them to use that money to buy WHATEVER they like.

It is not my place to tell other adults how to live their lives.

I choose to help them even if they don't want to live the way that I do or in the way that I think is best.

My help has no conditions.

All of us are not as carefree with our money. I don't mind helping people out, but I also don't want to be played as fool either. If you are so broke that you can't afford to shelter yourself, then you are too broke to be a smoker.

Smokers cause a lot of damage to properties. That money could be used to provide better and additional services instead of fumigating the stink of a smoking habit.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22All to often I see food stamps and WIC coupons being used at walmart and a separate transaction follows with beer and smoked being purchased.

SO??? You realize a lot of our military members are on WIC and EBT, right? I say they deserve a drink and a smoke of they so please.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gamer2343

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
They are already talking about banning smoking from apartment buildings that are privately-owned. You can't smoke with kids in your own car. What's next?

This is dog training--plain and simple. You are an idiot if you think the G actually cares about your health.

It sucks for my kids in the winter or when it is raining, but no kids in the car when dad lights up! It will stop raining soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Bluntone22All to often I see food stamps and WIC coupons being used at walmart and a separate transaction follows with beer and smoked being purchased.

SO??? You realize a lot of our military members are on WIC and EBT, right? I say they deserve a drink and a smoke of they so please.

Yeah, that 300 lbs lady with 3 kids and her scumbag boyfriend are not in the military.

There are 43 million Americans on foodstamps.
There are 1.3 million active military personnel.
Are they all on welfare?
Just stop already.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Meanwhile some doctors are writing scripts for smoke.

More gov. confusion.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

My husband and I live in an apartment complex that works with housing for those who need it, but we pay the full $1200 rent because we bring in enough money to be able to do so and still live comfortably. Including buying our luxury cigarettes.
Should we also have to abide by this new, invasive, restrictive rule? Are we still basically "guests" of the state? Gotta say, this pisses me off. I will smoke in my own home, that I pay for faithfully, every single month on a 12 month lease for the last 10 years.

Technically you are still renting the apartment and you do not own him home. Yes, you are paying more than others in the same place but you must abide by the same rules. Don't like it? Buy a home or rent from someone who doesn't care about their property.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I choose to pay my taxes

No you don’t, nice try though

Actually the income tax is voluntary until you refuse then they can try to force more volunteerism on you.

Other than one or two recent judgments by batshat crazy judges the labor tax has always been unconstitutional and still is according to the words written. There have been over 10 judgments in the past where the high courts made clear an persons labor can not be taxed.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

www.google.com...
You linked me to an article about higher cigarette taxes creating a black market which could be understandable, But has nothing to do with the OP or why that a ban aimed at preventing someone from smoking in their public housing home would lead to a black market for tobacco. I just don’t see how you got to that from that.

Don’t link me an article I want you to tell me in your own opinion on how it would lead to a black marcket for tobacco.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

Man, your situation would piss me off to! I am in my third home and only rented one time for 3 months. I have been a home buyer for 21 years. Currently I am 8 years into a 30yr note on 20 acres with an 1800sqft brick home and a 24x30 shop. I lease 90 acres behind me that is land locked and has an 8ft compound fence around it. Mortgage is $900 and lease land is $90 a month.

Go buy something!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Boo fricken who.
Dont like the house rules?
Buy your own house.

All to often I see food stamps and WIC coupons being used at walmart and a separate transaction follows with beer and smoked being purchased.
Umm! Walmart does not sell Tobbacco FYI!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join