It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US attack on Iran?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

They can’t have a war if everyone refuses to fight can they. Call me optimistic but I can see that day coming.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Love this, thank you.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Tell the Iranian president to stop funding terrorism and stop seeking the development of nuclear weapons . Otherwise, you should consider moving.

Jaden
edit on 30-7-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Because civilised nations don't fund terror groups.

Oh wait , apparently they do fund terror groups.

The United States has at various times in recent history provided support to terrorist and paramilitary organizations around the world. It has also provided assistance to numerous authoritarian regimes that have used state terrorism as a tool of repression
en.wikipedia.org...

Double standards.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
I am a brit

Iran is not a enemy of mine, it has done nothing to me.

If the US attacks Iran I hope my country refuses to support the USA like in Vietnam.

You guys will lose but I hope you guys make the USA pay for every inch of your soil with blood and scrap metal. Tyrants need to pay.

"Tyrants" describes the Iranian leadership quite succinctly. Do they need to pay?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would t worry to much. Us Trump supporters also don’t want another war, which is one of the reasons we voted for Trump. Part of his campaign promises was to bring troops back home and stop meddling in ME affairs. Now if Hillary was elected, it would be a different story right now. Just look at her track record as SoS.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

They can’t have a war if everyone refuses to fight can they. Call me optimistic but I can see that day coming.

You know something, as a youth, that was the moral question I asked, some movie title, something like, "What if They Gave a War and Nobody Came?", was a profound question to me. I was sympathetic with pacifists, the "Hell no, we won't go!" stand, and I believe that, to this day, whether or not it will happen not the point. A few evil men, in high places, would have to learn to get along in the world, if they didn't have willing armies of trained murderers, and, make no mistake, an unnecessary war of aggression is murder, an unjust war mass murder. In a world of people, with the light of God in their hearts, the bastards at the top would have to find some other way to amuse themselves. Sad, but we do have that power, just to say no, but we won't.

In any event, your comment is one of the most enlightened I've seen, really has huge implications as to the morality of the human race, when you take it to its conclusion.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I am a brit

If the US attacks Iran I hope my country refuses to support the USA like in Vietnam.

You guys will lose but I hope you guys make the USA pay for every inch of your soil with blood and scrap metal. Tyrants need to pay.

"Tyrants" describes the Iranian leadership quite succinctly. Do they need to pay?

Yes if they invaded the USA.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
citing nato commander wesley clark:

"I said, “Are we still going to invade Iraq?” “Yes, Sir,” he said, “but it’s worse than that.” I said, “How do you mean?” He held up this piece of paper. He said, “I just got this memo today or yesterday from the office of the Secretary of Defense upstairs. It’s a… five-year plan. We’re going to take down seven countries in five years. We’re going to start with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, then Libya, Somalia, Sudan, we’re going to come back and get Iran in five years."

they are picking the countries of this hit list one after another.
this was all planned before 911.

You actually believe this crap? That was (supposedly) 15 years ago. The only country on that list we actually invaded was Iraq. We've been involved in the others in some way, shape or form but there was no invasion of any of them.

Not to mention half the people supposedly behind this Master Plan are getting ready to die soon. Whatever they were up to, they better hurry up.

edit on 30 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I am a brit

Iran responsible for deaths of UK soldiers in Iraq

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As I have said in multiple threads. There is zero chance of the US invading Iran.

First off there will be no coalition beyond Arab States and Israel

Bombs away does not work and only boots on the ground will make a difference.

Iraq and Afghanistan? How did that work out. Even at its best we controlled a small section of Baghdad aka the green zone and some of the population welcomed us. Tehran has three times the population of Baghdad.

When we went in in DSII the bulk of the population welcomed us, invade Iran and the vast majority of the population will oppose. Saddam though they would be easy picking, yeah not so much.

Iran will only change through significant INTERNAL process. The last time we intervened? Oh yes to was to overthrow a democratically elected leader and install the Shah who we then threw to the wolves and thought we could reason with Khomeini.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I would presume the same freedoms the Iraqis and Afghans were trying to snatch.

You presume?
No supportive evidence, nothing except presumptions?

Which 'freedoms' were the Iraqi's and Afghans 'trying to snatch'?

As to freedoms, that would have to be any freedom in the Constitution,....

You're really confusing me, which Constitutional freedoms are anyone trying to take from you?

if Americans are getting snatched at.

Which Americans are 'getting snatched at'?

I'm really struggling to understand what on earth you are on about or you're reasoning, or lack of it.

Confused?
Definitely!

I'm not sure what they would snatch from, say, Mexicans, so don't ask about them.

I haven't, and I won't.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
As I have said in multiple threads. There is zero chance of the US invading Iran.

First off there will be no coalition beyond Arab States and Israel

Bombs away does not work and only boots on the ground will make a difference.

Iraq and Afghanistan? How did that work out. Even at its best we controlled a small section of Baghdad aka the green zone and some of the population welcomed us. Tehran has three times the population of Baghdad.

When we went in in DSII the bulk of the population welcomed us, invade Iran and the vast majority of the population will oppose. Saddam though they would be easy picking, yeah not so much.

Iran will only change through significant INTERNAL process. The last time we intervened? Oh yes to was to overthrow a democratically elected leader and install the Shah who we then threw to the wolves and thought we could reason with Khomeini.

All we're concerned about is making sure Iran doesn't build a nuclear weapon. You don't need an invasion for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Tell the US to

stop funding terrorism,
stop seeking the development of nuclear weapons,
stop overthrowing elected leaders
stop shouting 'regime change' at every given opportunity

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Face truth, war is what humans do. It's not going to miraculously stop now. If Iran has something western industrialists want, they will get it one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I would presume the same freedoms the Iraqis and Afghans were trying to snatch.

You presume?
No supportive evidence, nothing except presumptions?

Which 'freedoms' were the Iraqi's and Afghans 'trying to snatch'?

As to freedoms, that would have to be any freedom in the Constitution,....

You're really confusing me, which Constitutional freedoms are anyone trying to take from you?

if Americans are getting snatched at.

Which Americans are 'getting snatched at'?

I'm really struggling to understand what on earth you are on about or you're reasoning, or lack of it.

Confused?
Definitely!

I'm not sure what they would snatch from, say, Mexicans, so don't ask about them.

I haven't, and I won't.

Look, that's all tongue-in-cheek. You're making it no longer fun, to try and make me support things I wasn't really saying. You're responding a little like Rain Man. Do you think I was being serious, like about looking over my shoulder for Iranians trying to snatch my freedoms? Did somebody break in to your home and steal your sense of humor? In any event, if you didn't get it, sorry, but do please go back to sleep, then. It will be better in the morning. Well, if Iranians don't snatch your freedoms overnight, that is.

Actually, I'd like to add something, if you don't get it. It's a mantra, all these wars, coming form the very President of the United States, like Bush was always saying, that they're trying to take our freedoms. That we're fighting for freedom. This is the official government reason we are on a rampage against brown people with oil. I have never personally felt any Constitutional threat from Afghans, or Saddam Hussein, or Iranians, like they're, what, going to invade the U.S.? In the case of Afghans, Osama bin Laden was never even a nation state, rather a private terrorist, the problem with him calling for a police action. It's your own terrorism to react by "shock and awe" that you're a bigger terrorist. It's also a fact one man's collateral damage is another man's murder, and when you have civilian dead bodies, that's murder. No nation over there attacked the U.S., period. It's not self defense. Myself, I would never fight for oil or the Carlyle Group, and I also believe all empires of history sucked. There, is that plain enough for you?
edit on 30-7-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Just gotta' spell things out here.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I am a brit

Those UK soldiers had no business being in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I am a brit

Those UK soldiers had no business being in Iraq.

So they deserved to be killed by Iranian technology? I'm sure their families are in total agreement with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So much US fist pumping, ego stroking, self-satisfying, jingoistic nonsense on ATS at present who can tell what anyone means anymore?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well if Trunp ever declares war on the U.K. on twitter we now know he’s angling for a trade deal

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join