It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US attack on Iran?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We had 2 separate threads regarding this issue recently, which i just came across:

thread 1 and thread 2

In both of those threads what i saw really amazed me: several people throwing tantrums and chest bumping each other while some few tried reasoning. look guys, you have NOT seen war. i have, i live in a country who fell victim of 8 years of devastating war with saddam hossein who was United State's sweetheart at the time. i was born to chaos and massacre. War is inhumane, war is the dark side of humanity. you have no idea what war is, the overwhelming majority of you are thankfully living in peace and quiet.
when you bump each other's chests about war, you're actually celebrating other people's death. and war is not one-sided. you kill and you get killed, that's why a wise man once said: "think more and talk less".

The situation is very dire and ALL of us most be worried, not just me as an Iranian. there is an economic war going on against Iran by the US Trump regime and nowadays 1 USD = 100,000 Iranian rial which indicated a very very bad situation for a once glowing Iranian economy. there is so much Iran can take and that is worrying. Contrary to what was said in those threads, Iran is not threatening US at all. in fact she is calling for peace and the words of Iranian president was taken out of contest, DELIBERATELY, by the OP in one of those threads.

The Iranian president said and i quote: "Peace with Iran is the mother of all Peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars" and he urged the US president to take the former approach rather than the later one. You should not fall victim to this childish propaganda as this site's main objective is this very issue if i'm not mistaken

Some ppl said that Iranian president does not represent Iranian people. ok thus we should go to war? what if we don't want your liberating? trust me no one needs US interference and liberation. we do NOT want it, please stick to your own problems and let us solve our own. if Rouhani is not elected by people, so is Trump.

I don't think US-Iran war will be like US-Iraq or US-Afghanistan war and the overwhelming majority of military and political analysts and professionals agree with this. indeed, war with Iran will be the mother of all wars, let us prevent it. let us stick to our own lives and not meddle in each other's affairs, lets stop killing.

How many people here actually think this war will be a good idea and whats their reason? what has Iran ever done to you?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

War sucks and only helps the MIC and whatever special interest in looking to steal. Oil, land, whatever. I don't think Trump has any hopes of starting a war, he just wants to make sure the US is recognized as the entity it is. (IMHO)

We have no reason to invade Iran at the time, and only a provocation from the Iranian Forces would start something as it appears now. Tough guy talk, nothing more. (and that was from BOTH sides)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

How many people here actually think this war will be a good idea and whats their reason? what has Iran ever done to you?

It would not be a good idea, like the last couple hundred wars were good ideas. What has Iran ever done to anybody in the U.S.? Nothing, as long as you stay out of Iran. But didn't John McCain mention a speedboat landing in New York Harbor they're planning? I do hate some really sucky things they say, but they can't be all bad, make some nice rugs. Hitler liked his dog. On the other hand, if Iraq was going to cross the ocean and snatch our freedoms, at very least you should look to protecting your women and livestock.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Iran has never attacked me and I won’t stay silent while the American war machine gears up to knock over the final domino of its Middle East war plan

I’m hoping your country will be left alone, but I get the feeling Trumps base supporters want a TV war

Edit. The only thing I can think of is the embassy hostage crisis in London when our boys got sent in, but that’s all history and in the U.K. we respect you
edit on 30-7-2018 by Whereismypassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Some interesting bits here.

We had 2 separate threads regarding this issue recently, which i just came across:

thread 1 and thread 2

In both of those threads what i saw really amazed me: several people throwing tantrums and chest bumping each other while some few tried reasoning. look guys, you have NOT seen war. i have, i live in a country who fell victim of 8 years of devastating war with saddam hossein who was United State's sweetheart at the time. i was born to chaos and massacre. War is inhumane, war is the dark side of humanity. you have no idea what war is, the overwhelming majority of you are thankfully living in peace and quiet.
when you bump each other's chests about war, you're actually celebrating other people's death. and war is not one-sided. you kill and you get killed, that's why a wise man once said: "think more and talk less".

The west hasn't had to fight a war on its own soil since the Civil War. The War of 1812 being 40 years in the past by then. OK the Spanish/American war can go in there too. So the effects that war has on people is lost as they don't have to experience it.

The Iranian president said and i quote: "Peace with Iran is the mother of all Peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars" and he urged the US president to take the former approach rather than the later one. You should not fall victim to this childish propaganda as this site's main objective is this very issue if i'm not mistaken

Exactly. However if you're not going to have to deal with the fallout what the hell.

Some ppl said that Iranian president does not represent Iranian people. ok thus we should go to war? what if we don't want your liberating? trust me no one needs US interference and liberation. we do NOT want it, please stick to your own problems and let us solve our own.

Words of wisdom.

I don't think US-Iran war will be like US-Iraq or US-Afghanistan war and the overwhelming majority of military and political analysts and professionals agree with this. indeed, war with Iran will be the mother of all wars, let us prevent it. let us stick to our own lives and not meddle in each other's affairs, lets stop killing.

Wellllllll, let's not forget the world wars.
I agree with the sentiment though. Iran isn't the cakewalk the other incursions in the region were. That would mean a lot more bombing and civilian casualties. Not that that would move people to commiserate with the people being bombed. They don't know what that's like.

what has Iran ever done to you?

1979. The US is very good at holding a grudge. See Cuba.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah I agree with you on the hostage crisis not being forgotten by Americans, we had the embassy situation and it’s not an issue now

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Iran has never attacked me and I won’t stay silent while the American war machine gears up to knock over the final domino of its Middle East war plan

I’m hoping your country will be left alone, but I get the feeling Trumps base supporters want a TV war

Edit. The only thing I can think of is the embassy hostage crisis in London when our boys got sent in, but that’s all history and in the U.K. we respect you

trump would love to distract from Russia. Today Rudy Giuliani said " collusion is not a crime". So if he is saying that, is he admitting collusion?

If that is the case, trump has been lying for almost a year and a half! I know there was collusion, trump tower meeting! Lie, after lie. Iran might be his way to distract

edit on 30-7-2018 by kurthall because: Add

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There ain't going to be a war between Iran and the US. That's a fantasy.

Iran is a dysfunctional dictatorship that keeps going through fear and hate. They will eventually fall to pieces without a billion dollars worth of guided munitions being chucked in their general direction.

Besides, the main protagonists in the Muslim world (North Africa and the Middle East) are the two main denominations of Islam - Shia, or Sunni. They represent a continued conflict over the last few hundred years, and are responsible for the vast majority of blood-letting in the last two decades.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yeah I agree with you on the hostage crisis not being forgotten by Americans, we had the embassy situation and it’s not an issue now

Also booting the Shah(American ally) out didn't help either. Another parallel to Cuba.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think a good majority of the American people do NOT want war, with anyone. Lots of us are sick and tired of our country's interference and "intervention" in other countries. In case you aren't aware, one of Trump's campaign issues was that he wanted to bring a lot of American troops home and put a stop to American troops being inserted all over the place. That's one of the reasons he won. A LOT of Americans don't want war with your country or any country.

We don't control our corrupt-ass military industrial complex that has been running amok for decades now. Please don't equate normal everyday Americans with our corrupt ugly "leaders."

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Haman, strangely enough I was thinking about you this morning. I thought perhaps the right-wingers had run you off.

Firstly, our president is full of #. Please know that Congress still (hopefully) has enough sense to keep him from going to war against Iran. We have no reason to go to war with Iran. It's a stupid as his other threats and proposals.

Hang in there Buddy. This too, shall pass.

AD

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Iran has never attacked me and I won’t stay silent while the American war machine gears up

But you did stay silenced when Obama attacked Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan , Libya, etc... Right?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well brother, in response to 1979 hostage crisis, US has already held Iranian diplomats in Iraq as hostage in 2004, helped Saddam in 1980s war against Iran and has sanctioned Iran for 40 years. they also have meddled in our affairs and supported anti-Iranian militants around Iranian border resulting in death of Iranian border gaurds. i think its enough.

not mentioning the fact that the hostage crisis itself had no one injured. also not mentioning the overthrowing of Iranian democratic government by US before that.

So i think they all should call it quits.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Iran has never attacked me and I won’t stay silent while the American war machine gears up

But you did stay silenced when Obama attacked Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan , Libya, etc... Right?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

No I did not stay silent when my country attacked Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria

Troll elsewhere comrade

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thread 1 and thread 2

.... please stick to your own problems and let us solve our own...

....let us stick to our own lives and not meddle in each other's affairs, lets stop killing...

Just as soon as you (Iran) stop sponsoring terror organizations, I'm sure I'd be more inclined to leave you be.

And, BTW, I've seen war. In multiple deployments to seemingly every craphole country. War with your country would not be the mother of anything. Saddam fought you to a standstill and how long did it take us to seize Baghdad?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Iran might be his way to distract

I might win the lottery Friday.

link   

Really beautiful thread. Thank you for posting this, and you are absolutely correct that war is ugly, the worst humanity has to offer, and nothing to wish for.

Wishing you all the best.

link   
OP, what we want really does not matter. If the powers that be want this war and if Iran needs to fall in under the fed bank then it will happen.

More and more people on here realize that Trump is part of the same pack and is carrying out the same agenda as the previous Presidents were, and a lot can happen in the next 2 years. And the only way for a President, whose ratings and policies are failing, to stay in power is to start a war. It's always been done this way.

I fear what is coming but we've seen it for years and have been talking about it, now we just realize that this is the lackey that will carry those plans out.

The crazy thing is, those who couldn't see through this voted for the very thing they were trying to get away from.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Kudos for making a thread, thanks for sharing from someone who's been through it.

Maybe some people will see there are actual human beings that suffer from these failed wars. Hard to tell though, it can be detaching when you're sitting in an air conditioned house on your computer hooked up to high-speed internet while you're sipping cold ones.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I believe Iran has a capable military so I doubt old big mouth will start the fight , he may get dragged in by by another player in the region who has a vested interest in turmoil in the region.
Another war in the Middle East would be pointless and disastrous , I hope level heads win out on both sides.

Stay safe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join