It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US attack on Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Haman, strangely enough I was thinking about you this morning. I thought perhaps the right-wingers had run you off.

Firstly, our president is full of #. Please know that Congress still (hopefully) has enough sense to keep him from going to war against Iran. We have no reason to go to war with Iran. It's a stupid as his other threats and proposals.

Hang in there Buddy. This too, shall pass.

AD
Thank you so much, we're trying but to be honest the economy is not helping us hang anywhere

thanks for the support

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: haman10
We had 2 separate threads regarding this issue recently, which i just came across:

thread 1 and thread 2

.... please stick to your own problems and let us solve our own...

....let us stick to our own lives and not meddle in each other's affairs, lets stop killing...

Just as soon as you (Iran) stop sponsoring terror organizations, I'm sure I'd be more inclined to leave you be.

And, BTW, I've seen war. In multiple deployments to seemingly every craphole country. War with your country would not be the mother of anything. Saddam fought you to a standstill and how long did it take us to seize Baghdad?

Interesting. which terrorist group? ISIS? sorry thats your ally, Saudi Arabia. you're in the wrong thread. You're so tough, aren't you? how did you feel in those multiple deployments? like a savior? 2 million dead Iraqi civilians beg to differ
I hope never comes a day when you fear for your life, but trust me, karma is a b!tch.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If war is part of the neocon agenda then it will happen. Trump is no different than any other president, bending backwards on a whim for the MIC and the warmongers.

Why else do you think Trump sold billions of dollars in military weapons to the terrorist sponsor Saudi Arabia? Because the warmongers want more terrorism to fight overseas.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Iran has a decision to make regarding its nuclear ambitions. Anyway you look at it, the current agreement isn't good enough for the Trump Admin.
Iran's economy will be in ruins sooner than later with the Pressure the US is applying.

The only thing that really gets the Mullahs attention is when the Iranian people start grumbling about the economy. Crippling sanctions are what brought them to the nuclear talks in earnest in the first place.

I doubt the Government of Iran can outlast the economic pressure the US can keep applying to them.

Add on top of that a Saudi desire to eliminate Iran as a Major player in the ME and things don't look good for the Theocracy to continue as it has.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

With a fresh war in the Middle East, a second term could even be secured; just look at past presidencies where they started a war in their 3rd or 4th year only to slide through an election, even for very unpopular presidents. W Bush started one at this exact spot in his Presidency and his ratings were terrible at that point and sliding lower. If not for the war he never would have won the second term, based on his unpopularity.

I know it's uncouth to think this way, but those in power think this way. It's all just business.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Crippling sanctions are what brought them to the nuclear talks in earnest in the first place

And which idiot said it was the worse deal ever, and ended it?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Not disagreeing with you man. Just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Interesting OP!

Iran, isnt that the country we see that every Friday, there's government sponsored demonstrations where protestors chant "Death to America" while burning US flags?

Anyway, here's the deal. Most all normal "Americans" don't want war with anyone. The war mongers in the US are the unelected elites at the helm of CIA, DHS, FBI, NSA and the Pentagon. Our elected government, the President, etc. are just puppets who do the bidding of the aforementioned bodies collectively refered to as the Deep State. What this means is that "We the People" have no control whatsoever over who the Deep State goes to war with.

Thats the bad news. The good news is that as long as Iran doesnt declare war on Israel, the US wont declare war on Iran. Best analysis I have seen on US posturing on Iran is that they are seeking regime change in Iran; they want to see the government collapse and a new Order take control of Iran. Its up to the Iranian people to do that, not us.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Iran has a decision to make regarding its nuclear ambitions. Anyway you look at it, the current agreement isn't good enough for the Trump Admin.
Iran's economy will be in ruins sooner than later with the Pressure the US is applying.

The only thing that really gets the Mullahs attention is when the Iranian people start grumbling about the economy. Crippling sanctions are what brought them to the nuclear talks in earnest in the first place.

I doubt the Government of Iran can outlast the economic pressure the US can keep applying to them.

Add on top of that a Saudi desire to eliminate Iran as a Major player in the ME and things don't look good for the Theocracy to continue as it has.

Iranian economy has seen better days most definitely, but they have hundreds of billions of dollars in cash reserved for such situation. our economy will go downhill for some time but will recover.

The problem with the deal is that Iran trusted Obama administration as the representative of US. this is not how deals work, deals live beyond governments and people. they're between countries not governments.

what if we make a new deal with Trump and the next admin gets out?

originally posted by: intrepid

Yes brother, i got what you meant.

its worthy to mention that i don't believe the Iranian gov't is saint, they're just as evil as US gov't given the right tools and power. Iran naturally thinks of herself as a major regional/global power who lost her status in unfair set of events throughout serveral decades, so they will not come short of any plan to regain that status. these plans are not exactly the most god-fearing plans.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Have been in the military, been to war , and all I can tell ya, is War smells like open ass. it also smell like burning tyres and diesel fuel, even if you have never been in an actual fire fight, bloated bodies floating in the Gulf or on the rivers makes for puking,..and I'm talking about ppl you should hate.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Nobody here can do anything to stop war coming to Iran. It's inevitable, it is going to happen. You can't have so much armour facing off in such a tight arena without something giving sooner or later. All I can say to you Haman just like advised before is get out of your country ASAP, whatever technology you experienced from Saddam will appear stone age to what unfortunately is coming your country's way. Get out and take your family too

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

We had 2 separate threads regarding this issue recently, which i just came across:

thread 1 and thread 2

In both of those threads what i saw really amazed me: several people throwing tantrums and chest bumping each other while some few tried reasoning. look guys, you have NOT seen war. i have, i live in a country who fell victim of 8 years of devastating war with saddam hossein who was United State's sweetheart at the time. i was born to chaos and massacre. War is inhumane, war is the dark side of humanity. you have no idea what war is, the overwhelming majority of you are thankfully living in peace and quiet.
when you bump each other's chests about war, you're actually celebrating other people's death. and war is not one-sided. you kill and you get killed, that's why a wise man once said: "think more and talk less".

The situation is very dire and ALL of us most be worried, not just me as an Iranian. there is an economic war going on against Iran by the US Trump regime and nowadays 1 USD = 100,000 Iranian rial which indicated a very very bad situation for a once glowing Iranian economy. there is so much Iran can take and that is worrying. Contrary to what was said in those threads, Iran is not threatening US at all. in fact she is calling for peace and the words of Iranian president was taken out of contest, DELIBERATELY, by the OP in one of those threads.

The Iranian president said and i quote: "Peace with Iran is the mother of all Peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars" and he urged the US president to take the former approach rather than the later one. You should not fall victim to this childish propaganda as this site's main objective is this very issue if i'm not mistaken

Some ppl said that Iranian president does not represent Iranian people. ok thus we should go to war? what if we don't want your liberating? trust me no one needs US interference and liberation. we do NOT want it, please stick to your own problems and let us solve our own. if Rouhani is not elected by people, so is Trump.

I don't think US-Iran war will be like US-Iraq or US-Afghanistan war and the overwhelming majority of military and political analysts and professionals agree with this. indeed, war with Iran will be the mother of all wars, let us prevent it. let us stick to our own lives and not meddle in each other's affairs, lets stop killing.

How many people here actually think this war will be a good idea and whats their reason? what has Iran ever done to you?

It is my opinion that the leaders are just posturing and that Iran is safe from a hot war with the US unless it does something foolish like attack Israel or sell nuclear weapons to a rogue state. The Iranian military in Syria should leave before that situation escalates. Your leaders can come up with reasons for the Iranian public to believe and bring them home.
You may tell VAJA that the only thing that they should worry about is their nuclear weapons program as they have threatened Israel on many occasions and Israel takes it seriously, unlike other countries who think that this is probably posturing to distract the Iranian people. The Israelis are defensive of their country and if they are attacked by nuclear weapons, Iran will be covered in radioactive glass, as everyone knows. This would be a bad thing for the world. I know that your leaders would not be so foolish as to do this as their dreams of a Caliphate would evaporate along with their cities and armies.
Iranian leaders will eventually discover that they could have a much better country if they would abandon their nuclear weapons program and not be so harsh and restrictive with the Iranian people. The people will likely continue to suffer under a repressive theocracy but that theocracy could accede to weapons inspectors if it wanted to ease the economic sanctions. Trump is not the weak willed, distracted Obama and Mattis is the secretary of defense. I know that world governments all profile each others governments, so you know about Mattis.

Please also tell the leaders that the phrase "the mother of all..." is too predictable and that they should come up with something else that is less dramatic.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When it comes to Iran, there are a few things that need to be considered:

The US did interfere in the internal affairs of Iran. At one time Iran had a democracy and the US removed that lawfully elected president and installed a dictator into power there. The Shah was a cruel tyrant that abused his position and ruled with an iron fist. So the Iranian revolution, when it came, hit hard and then the secrets of what all the US was doing in Iran came out, if the people of Iran were upset before, after those secrets were brought to light, it made them livid.

From what reports that come out of Iran, on rare opportunities that a journalist does get in, along with cultural experts, what they often say is that away from the major cities, the US is despised, and hated, those in the cities tend to like the US culture, but they will never trust the US. And while the moderate voices will ultimately have some sway, the bottom line is that any attack or direct action of the US, means those moderate voice, the people who could make changes are often silenced, and the conservative voices get far louder.

Any attack, would result in the entire nation mobilizing, to fight against the country. Is the US prepared to fight just about every man, woman and child in the country?

How does one pacify an entire population, of a country, when the population views the invading and occupying forces as the enemy, along with other nations in the region may decide in favor of Iran, and is that a risk that the US or even other countries in the region, can afford?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm sure Iran isn't going to attack Israel. That's the propaganda sown here. OP does the "Death to Israel" propaganda work there?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"Peace with Iran is the mother of all Peace"
Your leader should have let it just that.. and everything would have been fine. When he added the rest it was considered as a threat. If someone would tell me " be my friend or make me your worst enemy " i would see a threat in it and never would friend a person saying that way.. just few words to chew
edit on 30-7-2018 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Have been in the military, been to war , and all I can tell ya, is War smells like open ass. it also smell like burning tyres and diesel fuel, even if you have never been in an actual fire fight, bloated bodies floating in the Gulf or on the rivers makes for puking,..and I'm talking about ppl you should hate.

So sorry you had to experience that.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Iranian economy has seen better days most definitely, but they have hundreds of billions of dollars in cash reserved for such situation. our economy will go downhill for some time but will recover.

The problem with the deal is that Iran trusted Obama administration as the representative of US. this is not how deals work, deals live beyond governments and people. they're between countries not governments.

what if we make a new deal with Trump and the next admin gets out?

originally posted by: intrepid

Yes brother, i got what you meant.

its worthy to mention that i don't believe the Iranian gov't is saint, they're just as evil as US gov't given the right tools and power. Iran naturally thinks of herself as a major regional/global power who lost her status in unfair set of events throughout serveral decades, so they will not come short of any plan to regain that status. these plans are not exactly the most god-fearing plans.

Iran was a fool to trust a Lame Duck President who couldn't even call it a treaty since it would have taken the Senate's approval.

Treaties of the import, magnitude, and global consequence of the Iran Nuclear treaty should be submitted in the manner prescribed by the Article II of the U.S. Constitution, which states in no uncertain terms that no such treaties shall be entered into except by the advice and "consent of the Senate..." This provision should not be subject to evasion by calling such a treaty a "presidential agreement" or some other euphemism as a pretext for by-passing the Senate.

Link

The Rial has officially lost about half its value since Trump has been in the WH, it's even worse on the black market. Iran will survive, it's government probably will not unless it cracks the authoritarian whip on its citizens. The US isn't going to change course re: sanctions, it's up to Iran to decide which path it chooses.

Your last paragraph seems to indicate which path they will pursue. The Middle East and Gulf are changing and Iran is stuck trying to keep the old ways going.

In my opinion Iran can't win this economic war with America, if they try a military one, it will not end well for Iran. Just an honest assessment of each sides military capabilities and those of its allies. They are out manned and out gunned with inferior technology. Not a good recipe for success.

Hopefully Iran chooses a course that doesn't lead to armed conflict.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If my nation was named Iran, I would not want to get in any war. Now, if they changed their name to Istand, that's another thing, entirely. In any case, that they have oil means they must not be permitted to do their own thing. I'm also tired of looking over my shoulder, constantly, because some Iranian is trying to snatch my freedoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I'm also tired of looking over my shoulder, constantly, because some Iranian is trying to snatch my freedoms.

Exactly which Iranian is trying to 'snatch' which 'freedoms'?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Interesting. which terrorist group? ISIS? sorry thats your ally, Saudi Arabia. you're in the wrong thread. You're so tough, aren't you? how did you feel in those multiple deployments? like a savior? 2 million dead Iraqi civilians beg to differ
I hope never comes a day when you fear for your life, but trust me, karma is a b!tch.

For starters:

"According to the United States State Department, Iran supports terrorist groups such as Hezbollah and conducts terrorist-related activity including cyberterrorism, with their foreign terrorist operations largely cultivated and conducted by the Quds Force.[2] Iran supports Shia militias and militant groups as well as some allied Sunni militant groups that engage in insurgencies or terrorist acts, including the Iraqi Shia in Iraq, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Islamic Jihad (PIJ), the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), and, to a lesser extent, Hamas in Gaza and the Houthis in Yemen, among others.[3][4]"

Source

Interesting read. You should check out the whole thing. They actually list specific terror incidents directly linked to Iran.

But, I'm sure you knew that already. Can't wait for your spin. Will it be the Jews this time? Or the Great Satan?

I'll not even give your other denigrating comments the honor of a reply.

I get it. You've never been in war. Don't talk down to people who have served. Makes you look like a dildo.

BTW, I've already shown in another thread how faulty your "2 mil dead Iraqi civilians" statistic is. Want me to do so again?

Peace and love...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There will be no war, but theocratic, state terrorists should continually be reminded that they are not the big kids on the block. Any theocratic, repressive leaderships should be continually aware that some in the world will not sit by while it oppresses its people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join