It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US attack on Iran?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

First of all, the article linked to is dated October 2005....hardly current affairs.

Those UK soldiers had no business being in Iraq.

No-one deserves to die like that....your casual dismissal of their deaths is at best very disrespectful and at worst as heartless and callous as the attitudes shown by some whom you have called out on here.

Two sides of a shameful coin!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Scrutinizing

So much US fist pumping, ego stroking, self-satisfying, jingoistic nonsense on ATS at present who can tell what anyone means anymore?

I know, and sorry, I've been called half nuts, which I found insulting. At least people could give one full credit.

Incidentally, I did edit my last reply, with a paragraph of plain English in the matter. You better read it, as it may not happen again.
edit on 30-7-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Stop asking! You're just a child window bot, and it's none of your business!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

All we're concerned about is making sure Iran doesn't build a nuclear weapon. You don't need an invasion for that.

You cannot do that without invading. How well did that work in NK? Did sanctions stop India or Pakistan? If I was any country in the world I would keep centrifuges running 24/7. That is literally the ONLY way to protect your sovereignty

We gave the Iranian government a first hand lesson in airpower twice right next door to them. Nearly a decade ago AWST showed satellite shots of an major Iranian nuclear facility and showed it being harden with 100 meters of alternating 10 meter segments of reinforced concrete AND packed sand. Even MOAB and its penetrating derivatives would be hard pressed to take that down. GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) can penatrate just over 60 meters. Furthermore the facilities are spread out and probably even more so. You are literally talking about a multi headed hydra some of which will take nothing short of a nuke to assure destruction. You cannot just bomb it away.
edit on 7/30/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Incidentally, I did edit my last reply, with a paragraph of plain English in the matter. You better read it, as it may not happen again

That makes a bit more sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One more thought, it's common sense you're never going to win friends and influence people, by executing mayhem against some nation, leaving most people with family members dead. You'd not appreciate that done to your nation, most assuredly not appreciate that in your neighborhood, against your family. You'd not buy the politics that justified murdering your people. Making even more enemies is just asking for it, may as well be begging for the next generation of terrorists, dog eat dog the road to destruction and very stupid behavior. When you've lost loved ones, that can leave a long grudge in the minds of the victims, against their killers. And tell me this, if some big nation is such a bully, that doesn't know how to stay home, why the hell would you not want nukes?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

I am a brit

Iran is not a enemy of mine, it has done nothing to me.

If the US attacks Iran I hope my country refuses to support the USA like in Vietnam.

You guys will lose but I hope you guys make the USA pay for every inch of your soil with blood and scrap metal. Tyrants need to pay.

Iran responsible for deaths of UK soldiers in Iraq

So they deserved to be killed by Iranian technology? I'm sure their families are in total agreement with you.

That's what happens when you invade another country.

War sucks people die.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

So much US anal fisting, member stroking, self-satisfying...

There's waaay too much homoerotic, boy-worship-baggage to comptemplate
Is that all part of the Trump supporter make-up !?!

a reply to: Whereismypassword

Well if Trunp ever declares war on the U.K

Only if... when/when Trump fumblejucks a Twitter outburst ..again

edit on 30-7-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

First of all, the article linked to is dated October 2005....hardly current affairs.

No-one deserves to die like that....your casual dismissal of their deaths is at best very disrespectful and at worst as heartless and callous as the attitudes shown by some whom you have called out on here.

As I said, that is war.

When you go around invading country's, people will get killed.
edit on 30-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Your leaders regularly speak death to America how is that peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Incidentally, I did edit my last reply, with a paragraph of plain English in the matter. You better read it, as it may not happen again

That makes a bit more sense.

Bless you, then! I'm not that big an idiot, despite what everybody else says. I thought it was funny, anyway. Alright. Never mind. I know, don't quit my day job...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Like I said, two sides of a shameful coin.....you must be proud.

There is nothing wrong with showing a bit of dignified compassion for those who have died regardless of nationality etc.

Far too many have died just to further the agenda of an elite few.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

You are obviously very passionate about this - and rightfully so.
But you need to send this to your government and the US government.
Because even though you feel this way, there is not a single person on ATS that can do a thing about this.
It’s a great vent letter expressing how you truly feel in regards to a potential conflict.
But your preaching to the wrong audience.

I can honestly say that everyone here agrees with your settlement.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

All we're concerned about is making sure Iran doesn't build a nuclear weapon. You don't need an invasion for that.

You cannot do that without invading. How well did that work in NK? Did sanctions stop India or Pakistan? If I was any country in the world I would keep centrifuges running 24/7. That is literally the ONLY way to protect your sovereignty

We gave the Iranian government a first hand lesson in airpower twice right next door to them. Nearly a decade ago AWST showed satellite shots of an major Iranian nuclear facility and showed it being harden with 100 meters of alternating 10 meter segments of reinforced concrete AND packed sand. Even MOAB and its penetrating derivatives would be hard pressed to take that down. GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) can penatrate just over 60 meters. Furthermore the facilities are spread out and probably even more so. You are literally talking about a multi headed hydra some of which will take nothing short of a nuke to assure destruction. You cannot just bomb it away.

There are a lot of options between economic sanctions and invasion.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

As I said, that is war.

When you go around invading country's, people will get killed.

No one is disputing that. It's demonstrably false though that Iran never did anything to the UK.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It is pretty sad, I suspect most of the chest thumper's would sh#t in their pants if asked to report to a draft office..just like the Nuge

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

How many people here actually think this war will be a good idea and whats their reason? what has Iran ever done to you?

War is never wise, short of the most dire cases of self-defense or defense of others. There is absolutely no legal cause to engage in warfare against Iran (or any other nation at the present time)

The people of Iran have never done a single thing to me, nor I to them. The government of Iran has levied threats and made war against the US/allies (including Israel) by funding insurgent/revolutionary groups in order to destabilize the region and promote Iranian/Russian primacy in the M/E.

Make no mistake, an attack on the United States, Israel or one of our allies would be met with decisive and overwhelming retaliation (possibly nuclear). Short of that, I don't see the United States entering into another protracted conflict in the Middle East. We're war-weary here at home post-Iraq/Afghanistan and it would take a serious threat to justify an equally serious response

1 USD = 100,000 Iranian rial

Unfortunately we've seen the same effect here... the USD has devalued significantly since the Federal reserve took over and the gold standard was abolished. It isn't localized to Iran. I would blame world banks as much as sanctions and other US economic interventions

"Peace with Iran is the mother of all Peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars"

Again hopefully peace is on the menu. War is expensive, taxing and does nothing but enrich the MIC/entrenched bureaucrats and their benefactors.

I am certain that if the government of Iran ceases making threats against the US/Israel would ease the heightened state of tensions and ensure that neither side makes any costly miscalculations

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

There are a lot of options between economic sanctions and invasion.

Like what? Twitter barrage? Haarsh language? Sanction down't work. Dropping bombs on their own don't work. So what are those in between option you speak of?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yes if they invaded the USA.

So tyrants don't need to pay, so long as they do not attack?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I already predicted a war against Iran via Israel and Saudia Arabia in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How many people here actually think this war will be a good idea

People here ?
None
Amongst the sane, that is

"People" at the White House
at least one

As nut-balls as he is

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>