It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian president warns Trump: 'War with Iran is the mother of all wars'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Wait..bickering and no mention of thé US Space Force tweet?

The U.S. Space force isn’t a real U.S. governmental entity. The one that would handle operations in space would be the Air Force Space Command.

In other words that tweet was just a funny.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
True. first step is working in from the Med destroying their anti ship missiles and then afterwards destroying infrastructure,water purification and gas and oil reserves and production. then drop leaflets on the population offering rewards for the deaths or heads of the ruling council and president.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I say if Tehran is dumb enough to actually target us with an attack I say 1 or 2 daisy cutters dropped on a easily observed barren patch of land with warning next match stick will be on your oilfields should get their attenteion.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

What are you talking about their stealth attack plane a few years ago they were touting was a freaking seaplane and at that range what kinda yield would it have 5 to 10 pounds of tnt .they do not have nukes yet unless they bought them from Pakistan and if so they would be too large for their missiles to launch unless they bought a few scud launchers from russia.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
And like with North Korea, 45’s big, bold words will likely amount to a big nothing....

ppppppffffffftttttt.

And a declaration of “Major Victory”!

Which will be lapped up by the usual sycophants.

With all that enthusiasm one would think you might have noticed NKorea not launching anymore rockets over Japan since his declaration...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Way to deflect as usual -

low information posting I think they're calling it these days.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Well I have seen Americans on this site call Tasmania a country.

Blaming their education system you get dragged into a Dem Rep debate, when the truth is much simpler.

The US as late as the early seventies would have sitcoms featuring 2 single beds in a married couples bedroom.

And they call Europe backwards

LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Brilliantly stated. Lets hope they get out their research tools and look at life under the Shah.

because they don't conform the US's viewpoint?

just clarifying.
"because they dont conform to the US's MIC endless wars viewpoint"

Post 9/11 anything in a turban is a terrorist, as a poster above pointed out.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I thought Trump was all about withdrawing from the world stage, not being the world's police and concentrating on 'Making America Great Again'?

but but but...

Funny how much of a Globalist Trump is. The sad part is that they fall for the same trap time and again at every election. Putting their hopes on a President. Giving their Congressmen a free pass.

Why the silence when it comes to making their Representatives accountable to the people?

Deep down I think they are in denial, that they truly have any say in which direction the US turns.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yep a bit of context before planning your strategy...

www.independent.co.uk...

Iranians do not throw their words away. Dealing with Iran is not just a matter of shouting loudly and aggressively, then showing the current leader and his country due respect.

In one way, the stand-off may not be quite as perilous as it looks. President Rouhani’s remarks were given to an audience of Iranian diplomats, and the apparent threat to the United States was the second half of the sentence. What he actually said, according to the Iranian state news agency, was: “Americans should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” which leaves rather a different impression and suggests a door left deliberately open, not closed.

A similar caveat could be applied to remarks – cited as further evidence ofdeliberate US escalation – given by the secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, at the weekend. He described the Iranian regime as resembling “the mafia more than a government”, and Iran’s president and foreign minister as “merely polished frontmen for the ayatollah’s international con-artistry”. The crucial detail to know here is that Pompeo was addressing a gathering of Iranian Americans, and regaling them with the sort of sentiments they were likely to relish. Context, as ever, is all.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

from your source

Before Trump tweeted his threat, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had launched a rhetorical assault on Iran's leaders on Sunday, comparing them to a "mafia" and promising unspecified backing for Iranians unhappy with their government.

Some context would make your threads less sensationalist.

www.independent.co.uk...

Now prior to Trumps tweet

and the apparent threat to the United States was the second half of the sentence. What he actually said, according to the Iranian state news agency, was: “Americans should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” which leaves rather a different impression and suggests a door left deliberately open, not closed.

A similar caveat could be applied to remarks – cited as further evidence of deliberate US escalation – given by the secretary of state, Mike Pompeo,at the weekend. He described the Iranian regime as resembling “the mafia more than a government”, and Iran’s president and foreign minister as “merely polished frontmen for the ayatollah’s international con-artistry”. The crucial detail to know here is that Pompeo was addressing a gathering of Iranian Americans, and regaling them with the sort of sentiments they were likely to relish. Context, as ever, is all.

Poor little misunderstood America.....oh no....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

"We are now going to Baghdad for a reaction by the "Mother of all Battles" himself Saddam Hus..."

"I am sorry but our scheduled interview with Saddam had to be canceled as he fell thru".

Given everything the Iranian government has been dealing with this seems like a distraction for local Iranian consumption. They have been having riots over water shortages and electric shortages. Iraq informed Iran they will no longer purchase electricity from them, opting instead to use Saudi Arabia. The Iranian government is not popular with the locals right now.

I follow this guy on twitter. His reporting is pretty good.

twitter.com...
edit on 25-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

There is no door for Iran to open. The US will not negotiate with Iran. They will continue to let the sanctions destroy the regime. Iran has no negotiating power at all. They can't afford to pay their military they can't sell oil on the world market and to make matters worse their currency continues to spiral down into an abyss.

No one wants to accept their currency when it losses value daily and expected to hit 20000 to the dollar by the end of the month. Imagine needing a wheel borrow full of cash to buy a candy bar.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The term "mother of all wars" is a common term used by Saddam Hussein as well in the movie Manchurian candidate there's a few spooky coincidence's in the movie and current events ....Hmm is the future of the US scripted? Makes you wonder.....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I just wanted to point out that we have the most advanced missile defense system put into place there.

That is what the people who built them are telling us.

The thing is the modern american missile defense system has never been tested in a real life attack by multiple enemies.

Who knows how it would really fare.

I am not saying it wouldn't work just that nothing is ever really the "best." Most things at the top are pretty equal with each other.

My guess the other big players in this world have weapons that are equal to americas.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

As long as you don’t fool yourself into thinking that Iran actually stands a chance against the United States in a war.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think americas shear numbers would win a war with iran. As long as it was only iran.

But even then iran might hurt us so that we don't recover or become easy pickings for some one else.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that we wouldn't pay a heavy price to win a war with iran.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Think you should learn about other cultures before you try to attack someone.

Did you not read the statement I was replying too, or are you ignoring the fact that the statement I was replying to was pure trash, I think YOU should learn about other cultures!! I stick by my reply and was pointing out that other cultures wear turbans!!

edit on 25-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I think americas shear numbers would win a war with iran. As long as it was only iran.

But even then iran might hurt us so that we don't recover or become easy pickings for some one else.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that we wouldn't pay a heavy price to win a war with iran.

Iran is a pimple on our ass, we would mop them up inside of three weeks tops. Likely with even less losses than with Iraq with our influx of drones and other tech.

That’s if Russia didn’t help. If Russia went in full (which I doubt they would be that stupid) it would take longer. Russia would likely just supply Iran so then it would drag it out for a bit but it would just devastate Iran that much more in the long run.

We wouldn’t send in troops until we knew they were shattered to bits from all the bombs and missiles. So it would minimize losses because by then their army would just surrender in droves.

I don’t think you get it. Tell me how they could defend against our massive bombardment? The first thing we will do will be to take out all their missile defense systems, then obliterate their surface to air installations, then it’s bombs away literally 24-7 for weeks.

They have hardly even an Air Force to speak of so that wouldn’t last for more than a day or two. All of their ground troops are useless against our Air Force bombing the piss out of them relentlessly. After a few weeks of shock and awe they will be broken with almost no supply lines and half of them starving to death, no fuel, equipment and weapons destroyed and their will to fight at near zero. They would be begging for us to send ground troops so that they could finally surrender.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about so I’m just going to leave this where it’s at.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Tell me how they could defend against our massive bombardment?

Tell me first; how could you justify such an action?

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join