It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

No-one has been able to explain why it is that we are being held to a vote that happened more than two years ago, about which many have now changed their minds (if it was held again today 'Remain' would win, according to polling). 

I'm yet to meet a Brexiteer that has changed their mind...

Good luck with your polls...

Really? I know at least three.
And yes, I know, polls can be iffy. That said recent polls and other reporting (here) as well as yet more polling here, opinions seem to have shifted.

Well the propaganda is either too strong for these few or you're inventing the story.

Either way, I'm yet to see anyone change their mind.

This is a hugely contentious issue and glib talk of 'propaganda' is not helping matters.
My aunt and two cousins actually. One works in the City and has been horrified by the total lack of information about what's going to replaced the Single Market. All three think that they made a mistake.
I also work with someone who has gone from being a strong 'Leave' supporter to an agonised "I've no idea if I did the right thing or not".
I also know someone who has gone from being a reluctant 'remain' to an equally reluctant 'leave'.
As I said, this is a hugely contentious issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Jeremy Hunt has just been confirmed as foreign secretary
Who is Jeremy Hunt,
the limerick waiting to happen ?

Another great pretender, slimeball, toe-rag .. delete as applicable
edit on 9-7-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
Jeremy Hunt has just been confirmed as foreign secretary
Who is Jeremy Hunt,
the limerick waiting to happen ?

Another great pretender, slimeball, toe-rag .. delete as applicable

Who is he??

He is the man who destroyed the NHS

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The anti midas

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l
there's always this little hee-haww

original link
edit on 9-7-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well surly this has to be the end of the May Government now that it seems like all of the Brexiteers are falling out of her cabinet, only a matter of time before she is forced out.

I could see her resigning pretty soon at this rate.

She was only a half hearted brexiteer anyway.....

The whole house of cards is coming down.....

Time for a true BREXIT leader with tough negotiating skills to take us

OUT deal or no deal. Time is running out!!!!!

Farage.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Basically all traditional movers and shakers and those who hold real power behind the scenes are dead set against Brexit.
When their mouthpiece Cameron succumbed to public pressure and agreed to a referendum none of them believed for one minute that the British people would vote to regain their sovereignty and shake off the shackles of the EU.

When they realised that their greatest fear was becoming a real possibility they began Project Fear aimed at scaremongering, belittling and generally doing anything possible to derail the pro-Brexit momentum.

Once the vote was cast and the people chose to leave the EU the powers that be have continued to use every tactic possible to delay and derail Brexit negotiations.
And they will continue to do so.

Boris Johnson is an opportunist career politician whose every move is carefully considered in order to further his own personal agenda.
His decision to resign is motivated by his desire to be Prime Minister and not by any personal dislike of the EU or intent to represent the British people and their wishes.

If he ever becomes PM it would be an absolute disaster for the ordinary, everyday British people.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraegThis is a hugely contentious issue and glib talk of 'propaganda' is not helping matters.

The whole thing is a joke AC, or a total night mare. We had one of the best economomies on Planet Earth now the kak handers have gone vote us out of one of the best trading bloks on Planet earth. We had free trade, sure the currency was an issue and our exporters needed a weakening but NOT A CRASH like we got, be happy we can export more but all of our componenets come from EU or more specifiacally Germany, now we got to pay 20 TWENTY (total madness) percent MORE for our supply base in Germany for components..................... Wow you try passing that onto the customer when yu are competing against the Chinkies and Koreans and Indians and its all a total load of crock.................. Brexit = TOTAL MADNESS and JINGOISTIC SUICIDE for our nation

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Boris Johnson was never for Brexit, it was all about a career move for him.

There has to be a new Tory leader now and there'll be a challenge to the validity of the Brexit vote.

I'm a firm supporter of Brexit but even I recognise that this government has put us into a situation where it is currently impossible to negotiate with the EU from a strong position.

The EU and the Remoaners hold most of the cards at present.

David Cameron resigning stalled Brexit negotiations, May spent months dragging her heels and doing absolutely nothing.
It's been a farce from the beginning.
Despite the wishes of the British people they've never wanted us to leave the EU and they will do anything and everything possible to stop us from doing so.

^^^^^^
THIS EXACTLY............. NO Democracy here!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Basically all traditional movers and shakers and those who hold real power behind the scenes are dead set against Brexit.
When their mouthpiece Cameron succumbed to public pressure and agreed to a referendum none of them believed for one minute that the British people would vote to regain their sovereignty and shake off the shackles of the EU.

When they realised that their greatest fear was becoming a real possibility they began Project Fear aimed at scaremongering, belittling and generally doing anything possible to derail the pro-Brexit momentum.

Once the vote was cast and the people chose to leave the EU the powers that be have continued to use every tactic possible to delay and derail Brexit negotiations.

Boris Johnson is an opportunist career politician whose every move is carefully considered in order to further his own personal agenda.
His decision to resign is motivated by his desire to be Prime Minister and not by any personal dislike of the EU or intent to represent the British people and their wishes.

If he ever becomes PM it would be an absolute disaster for the ordinary, everyday British people.

Ive always wondered if Boris Johnson is a shirt lifter.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

No-one has been able to really explain how it's going to work.
No-one has been able to explain where all these new trade deals to replace the Single Market are going to come from.

I believe Donald Trump has the UK first in the queue for trade deals?

Theres the W.T.O.?

No-one has been able to explain why it is that we are being held to a vote that happened more than two years ago

Because the EU principally has everything tied down..... As a country we have

decided to LEAVE, but the EU is reluctant to lose its MAIN cash cow. It is they

that are employing delaying tactics ..... take more time/get more cash?

About which many have now changed their minds (if it was held again today 'Remain' would win, according to polling).

When was the last poll correct? They said remain would win the referendum LOL!!

Brexit was the great cherished hope of a large faction of the Conservative Party. So far it has divided the party like nothing else in living memory

And the Labour party is not divided??

They look all over the place to me....

And showed up May as being weak,

Agreed..... but she does have staying power.

This is because the business community hates Brexit with a passion. They love the Single Market. They hate the fact that we'd be pulling out of it with nothing concrete negotiated.

Just a few who dont HATE BREXIT off the top of my head ......

Tim Martin (Wetherspoons]

Lord Wolfson (Next)

Joe Foster (Reebok)

J.M.L

James Dyson ( Dysons)

J.C.B.

Dixons Retail (The company operates stores under the brand names of Currys, PC World, KNOWHOW, Dixons Travel, PC World Business.)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

A shirt lifter?.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the synopsis. Much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: rigel4

A shirt lifter?.

Probably best you google that

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The whole thing is a joke AC, or a total night mare. We had one of the best economomies on Planet Earth now the kak handers have gone vote us out of one of the best trading bloks on Planet earth. We had free trade, sure the currency was an issue and our exporters needed a weakening but NOT A CRASH like we got, be happy we can export more but all of our componenets come from EU or more specifiacally Germany, now we got to pay 20 TWENTY (total madness) percent MORE for our supply base in Germany for components..................... Wow you try passing that onto the customer when yu are competing against the Chinkies and Koreans and Indians and its all a total load of crock.................. Brexit = TOTAL MADNESS and JINGOISTIC SUICIDE for our nation

All of our componenets come from EU or more specifiacally Germany, now we got to pay 20 TWENTY (total madness) percent MORE for our supply base in Germany for components..................... Wow you try passing that onto the customer

^^^^^^^^^^^

YES the EU made the UK impotent ......

But we can get over it and as another poster on this thread (Kandinsky ?) said MEGA

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Brits are LAZY BASTARDS mate, not all but the #ers who voted us out. POLES WORK QUICKER ANF FASTER THAN fat bastrd laxzy brits. It unbelievable how out youth has gone to veg camp and thes eforeigners took the jobs but then it all go jingoistic and they want Poles out. Swap the laxy fat basterd Brits for foreigners any time Elethia we can't MAKR IT HERE BECAUSE WE OST THE SKILLS. YTH square heads mastered it they make it we fabfriace it and it wor a treat as WE HAVE THEVv BRADUNG and they have the brains. Elethia ............................. Why break sometng that works already? it ceazy

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Brits are LAZY BASTARDS mate, not all but the #ers who voted us out.

What a massive generalisation and way off the mark too.

I voted to leave and so did most of my family and friends and I assure you not #ing one of us are LAZY BASTARDS.

You cheeky twat, just who the hell do you think you are!

If you don't like it here # off abroad because I assure you, you and your sort are not wanted here.

But one suggestion, learn to speak and spell English first mate.

edit on 9/7/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The Rats are jumping from the Sinking Ship after firmly bolting the door shut to the working class quarters. For all those who voted leave, i hope you get what's coming to you. Idiots. each and every one of you.

I am far from an idiot. I know exactly what I voted for and what consequences it carries (good and bad). Don’t be so rude

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well surly this has to be the end of the May Government now that it seems like all of the Brexiteers are falling out of her cabinet, only a matter of time before she is forced out.

I could see her resigning pretty soon at this rate.

She was only a half hearted brexiteer anyway.....

The whole house of cards is coming down.....

Time for a true BREXIT leader with tough negotiating skills to take us

OUT deal or no deal. Time is running out!!!!!

Farage.

Farage is making too much money to come back and preside over the rotting shell that is UKIP.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join