It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: rigel4

A shirt lifter?.

Probably best you google that

but not at work!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Just saying, we dont want political opinion , we want FACTS
we want a brexit deal based on objective fact and not based on opinions !

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: SprocketUK

I miss Tony Benn

doesnt everyone ?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreebornYes, you seriously pissed me off last night....none of which had much relevance to Boris Johnson or David Davis resigning and doubts surrounding the Brexit process.

Sure I can see that................ I do apologise to you. Freeborn always enlightens me with his views and I do genuinely apologise, I was way off the truth. Please don't take me too seriously, I do apologise Freeborn.

I am possibly mentally ill according to my misses and others. Definitely according to my misses she says it all the time. The old saying "If a person calls you a donkey, ignore them. If three people call you a donkey.................. Go buy a saddle." There must be something to it

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23571666]SprocketUKIf you are born here and take that fruit picking job, it wont even cover your rent, much less allow you to save for a mortgage and on top of that, what benefits you did have, will be stripped away because you are working.
I don't blame kids for not wanting to be exploited.

Yes too right you do have to put yourself in their shoes, I probably wouldn't do it either if it didn't cover the rent. Appologies I got this way out of vision, I do apologise Sprocket

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's what we call an egg fried rice location here in the Midlands, a country / people too.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You have the humility and balls to apologise in public.....something I can respect as far too many people are incapable of doing so.

One of the attractions of this site is to exchange viewpoints and opinions.
And there is nothing wrong with a bit of passion, it shows we are still alive.

All is good.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Oh a BBC region!

My mate Mr Lau calls it that !

British Born Chinese!

so funny , my mate jenny fancied my pal danny and he is BBC , my mate Dave Lau goes "oh hey paul (thats me) , Jenny has yellow fever , I was like what ?>? is she unwell , dave was like nawww mate , she fancies danny and she has yellow fever"

ahahhaah

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My salary doesn't pay my rent and I've been on a pay freeze since 2008 all thanks to the same team that brought us Brexit
so if they dont give a flying monkeys about me before brexit, they wont give a flying monkeys after!
If it wasnt for a second income in my household Id be on the streets!

Also Ive lived and work in the UK since I was old enough at 16 and Ive never been able to afford a mortgage !
and thats not from lack of trying !

I have to work additional jobs outwith my full time job just to stay afloat !

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23572024]Freeborn
All is good.

Many many thanks for that Freeborn, really appreciate it

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Also Ive lived and work in the UK since I was old enough at 16 and Ive never been able to afford a mortgage !
and thats not from lack of trying !

I have to work additional jobs outwith my full time job just to stay afloat !

Sorry to hear that Sapien, there has to be something wrong with the system if you working your nads off and in that situation. Maybe we do need a new system here in Britain, maybe Brexit is the start of something bigger making Britain a fairer place. The older you get the more it seems like the current system is one big stitch up by the people in power. A mortgage can also be part of that stitch up, literally a noose around your neck for 25 years and more so but why should we have to slave all our lives to live on our own land where our forefathers have lived for hundreds indeed thousands of years and then hand it back in one form or another in taxes, utility bills, etc. I swear the older one gets the more this system begins to look like one big work house by TPTB

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Two more resignations over May's Chequers Brexit compromise plan.

Maria Caulfield and Ben Bradley , vice-chairs of the Conservative Party have today resigned.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

People may ask who but these resignations just go to show how deep the divisions are in The Conservative Party.

According to the BBC News website Ben Bradley supported the Remain campaign but his Mansfield constituency voted for Brexit.....a politician with some credibility??

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The whole Brexit issue has become an utter mess and the reason why is that there really was no strong majority consensus over what we really wanted.

The Conservative party was split on the vote.

The Labour Party was split on the vote.

So was the whole country.

37% of the Electorate voted for Brexit
34% voted to Remain in the EU
29% of the electorate chose to not vote or spoil their votes

So those who claim it's the will of the British people are somewhat way off the mark really. It was the will of the known 37% who actually bothered to vote. You could say 63% did not choose to leave the EU. You could also say 66% did not vote to remain as well. For every 1000 Remainers there are just 1078 Brexit voters and also the unknown quantity of 740 non-voters.

It's a bit like saying everyone in the UK supports the Conservative Party. They got about 37% of the vote as well.

It's a shambles.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

are you perhaps suggesting a mandatory voting system?

would this work in our 'democracy'?

shall we put it to a referendum?
f

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

No mate. I am pointing out that there really isn't a majority of consensus as to what the nation wants. But there seems to be no spirit of compromise either.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I haven't checked this but I think I'm right in saying this; in Australia everyone who registers to vote is required to vote otherwise they are fined.....sounds good to me as long as 'None of the above' is an option!

I used to rattle on and on here on ATS about the need for urgent and radical electoral and parliamentary reform, I believe that is true today more than it has ever been.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

No mate. I am pointing out that there really isn't a majority of consensus as to what the nation wants. But there seems to be no spirit of compromise either.

each according to their own conclusions and choices.
my personal dissatisfactions come through 30+ years of reading, listening to and watching multiple sources of information regarding home politics to global. super slick eu have instruments to suppress all forms of negative information. there was, still is and shall be corruption and obfuscation whether we separate from a basic political union/free movement or go full hog and give it the bag (complete severance and start from scratch to include parliament).
remove the money gouging machine and all shareholder-driven influences from both houses I think would be a good beginning. think the long summer recess but a bit longer. the civil service runs the country anyway imo and would gladly appreciate the brief calming of the waves.

I'm for a merit based visa system. keep the asshat scumbags out and allow those that want to better not only themselves but others and the country as a whole sole consideration. finite isles we habitate and to this we need to consider the already appalling housing crisis/shortage as well as due consideration to input and output, arrivals and departures. tis a pity we couldn't kick out our own scumbags however upon retrospect I would be uncomfortable exposing other nations to our potential toxic exports.

it still stands, brexit means brexit unless adonis and soros get their salads tossed. time and tide.
f

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I haven't checked this but I think I'm right in saying this; in Australia everyone who registers to vote is required to vote otherwise they are fined.....sounds good to me as long as 'None of the above' is an option!

I used to rattle on and on here on ATS about the need for urgent and radical electoral and parliamentary reform, I believe that is true today more than it has ever been.

I share similar thoughts regarding reform. long time coming and a perfect window of opportunity for the people of the uk to demand the oars from the pricks who again imo are hell bent on causing as much suffering, uncertainty and instability on this already unbalanced system as possible.

regarding the Australian system I have heard penalties of $20.00 are in force. not too sure of Belgium and the other twenty.

back to the eu issue. is it logical to consider the ultimate worst case divorce of pulling the plug on every known facet of uk/European interaction and start afresh or the duct tape method to patch the cracks and overlay statutory instruments with increasing complexities to be reckoned with later down the road? I choose the former as a matter of a prime negotiation stance and tuff crap if it offends them. the stinkeye from eu officialdom requires countering to attain a level battlefield.
f

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

it is mate ! its all someone elses scheme !

just realise that it all means nothing , and continue to search for your own happiness which does not rely on anything they offer but lies within your family and friends and the love and compassion you share for each other !
then we can never be broken or have anything stolen from us as it cannot be stolen!

then we are free , I know it doesnt help to live in their system , I just think we need to unite together rather than by the small differences that divide us !
it really is us vs them !

yes a new system , designed by and for the people !

edit on 11-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join