It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
not quite free movement. a visa will be required.

No, a visa WILL NOT BE REQUIRED. Where do you even get your information from and why you thought they would require a visa?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: fakedirt
not quite free movement. a visa will be required.

No, a visa WILL NOT BE REQUIRED. Where do you even get your information from and why you thought they would require a visa?

STATEMENT FROM HM GOVERNMENT

Chequers 6 July 2018
II.
  BENEFITS OF THE MODEL

We concluded that the position described above, coupled with the UK’s wider vision for the future relationship

which will be set out in detail in the White Paper, was a precise and responsible approach to the final stage of

the negotiations. We agreed that it would have distinct benefits for both the UK and the EU, and that it would

enable both sides to have trust and confidence in each other’s commitments – allowing for the creation of an

ambitious relationship that nonetheless respected the UK’s sovereignty and the EU’s autonomy.

In summary, the position we reached today would:

h. end free movement, giving the UK back control over how many people enter the
country;

i. include a mobility framework so that UK and EU citizens can continue to travel to each other’ territories, 
and apply for study and work – similar to what the UK may offer other close trading partners in the future;

h.end free movement. it is in black and white.

if there is no provision for free movement then what mechanism will be enacted to allow migration ( as I suspect on a parity with a global framework or as near as damn it) ?

can you inform me and other members of the contrary or are you implying that our current sitting government are using sleigh-of-hand and possibly contrarian?

I must add that time constraints have precluded me from scrutinising the published white paper however as this situation is evolving and fluid in terms of chopping and changing of the intended proposals it may evolve into a completely different beast altogether by the time parliament gets to vote on the matter.

now tell me have you read the white paper and if so please enlighten me on the scratching of the free movement intention?

f

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

I will do, but please answer my question first...
Why you thought (and presumably still think) that EU citizens will require a visa?

That long piece you just replied back to me with doesn't mention anything about visa's...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

the reading of the chequers statement and the white paper leads me to conclude there is no other option but a visa system be it electronic or paper with exemptions for the current migrant residents of the uk.

is there a third way perhaps?

btw in it's current form the government is reaching out to the electorate to shape this future set-up and I will in due course reach back.

tell me, how do you see the end of free movement as set out in both papers within the uk for both eu and the global community?

am I correct in thinking you are currently in the usa?

if so how did you gain entry?

f

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

a little extra sugar to contemplate.

'visa' as I understand the term -- an official endorsement on passport giving permission to proceed.

repeal of the 'free movement directive' as I understand the term is the removal of permission to proceed.

without the permission to proceed how will one pass through a border entry point?

ergo visa will be required whether it be within a created framework or an existing instrument.

f

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Unfortunately, the daft bind is still afloat.

She's a goddamn liability if truth be told and will quite possibly sink this nation into socioeconomic stagnation for the foreseeable future via this Brexit debacle.

Which now people actually understand what it entails in the entirety don't even bloody want the thing any longer.

I hope she slips and falls on a rusty dildo!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Titanic was still afloat and headed for harbor until it sank.

I agree she is a liability but now Johnson is outside the tent he has time on his hands to make mischief , I still think her days are numbered and will be surprised if she makes it past party conference season which is nearly upon us.

Boris ?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Aye but Mrs May is made out of Ice, in this case, shes the iceberg and the U.K is the same boat as Titanic.

As to Boris, well what can we really say?

The Mans an arse of the first order, granted a very charismatic, and almost comical arse, but non the less still a Tory austerity preaching nutter.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The Mans an arse of the first order, granted a very charismatic, and almost comical arse, but non the less still a Tory austerity preaching nutter.

I agree but he would probably be a better negotiator and make a better job of Brexit than May , charismatic leaders get things done just look at Tony Blair .. Oh , Errrr

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The Titanic was still afloat and headed for harbor until it sank.

I agree she is a liability but now Johnson is outside the tent he has time on his hands to make mischief , I still think her days are numbered and will be surprised if she makes it past party conference season which is nearly upon us.

Boris ?

My Dad and I have had a lot of discussions about just why the Maybot gave one of the Great Cabinet Positions to Boris. We came up with the theory that she gave him the position in order to show to everyone just how badly he could cock things up once he was given some actual responsibility. He did not disappoint. No-one will miss him.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

"cock things up", champion!
LoL

Tell you one thing it not just Cameron that has had his member in the odd dead pigs mouth, that a given!

And these are the people we allow to rule a nation, the mind boggles really.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt
I just wanted to see where you read that a visa will be required, so I can mark that website as a fake news site. But obviously you didn't read it anywhere, it is just your interpretation what a visa is and what you think will happen, which is fine to do by the way, just don't say it's a fact.

But anyway... the reason I say free movement of people will continue is the fact that there will be NO extra physical border controls for EU citizens, they will be allowed to come to the UK freely (only for a limited period of course) and to either work or get any benefits, they will be required to meet the new EU immigration restrictions (which we don't have any details on, as of yet).

Here is an article from last year confirming what I'm saying and there are many more if you do a google search.

And as I already highlighted in my first post, this is what the white paper states...

A "mobility framework" will be set up to allow UK and EU citizens to travel to each other's territories, and apply for study and work.

The reason I and many others dislike our current immigration system is that it has two tiers where EU citizens are freely allowed to come here while the rest of the world have to jump through hoops. We should only have one immigration policy in my opinion, so we only discriminate on what the migrant would offer our country, and not just purely where they live (which is bordline racist btw).

And no, I don't live, nor have I ever been to the US.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

apologies regarding the ambiguity over my statement regarding the visa issue 83, I should have stated imo a-priori.

with regards to your statement on immigration I can agree that a global unified framework for immigration would fare better for future relationships.

regards f.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join