It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Nature wins one.
Too bad that the poor giraffe that was recently killed, did not have a group of guard lions around.

You mean a safe space like you clearly need?

Nah, just justice when someone kills an animal for pleasure.

Im sure all the women and children it fed would disagree with your false narrative. But then again common sense aint so common
Comparing Poachers to guided hunts that are sanctioned by the areas they are hunting in that also improve herd populations and feed hundreds if not more in the area, is about is brianless as it gets
edit on 5-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Nature wins one.
Too bad that the poor giraffe that was recently killed, did not have a group of guard lions around.

Im sure all the women and children it fed would disagree with your false narrative. But then again common sense aint so common

How many women and children would it feed?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: notsure1

My thinking exactly. Armed to the teeth, there’d atleast be some lion carcasses around too...

Lions are ambush hunters...doubt they had a chance

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yum Yum.
Good Stuff.

This might interest you :

www.ecowatch.com...

S&F
Add This :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Nature wins one.

Comparing Poachers to guided hunts that are sanctioned by the areas they are hunting in that also improve herd populations and feed hundreds if not more in the area, is about is brianless as it gets

Please don't spit that crap at me, friend. There is cause and effect in every scenario. That does not undo the wrong of the intended pleasure of murdering a rare animal, as this was the primary incentive.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Nature wins one.

Please don't spit that crap at me, friend. There is cause and effect in every scenario. That does not undo the wrong of the intended pleasure of murdering a rare animal, as this was the primary incentive.

He thinks they were poaching rhinos to feed women and children.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Nature wins one.

Someone has an issue understand, no im referring to Charlyv's issue with the Giraffe that was shot, as per his post, you might scroll back and check out the actual conversation

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Nature wins one.

And youre the one who gets to choose whats wrong and right? Sorry I dont think so. Im sure by the villagers standpoint and the preserve that now has 10s of thousands more dollars to preserve the species, believe it was the right thing to do.
Just because you dont have the stomach for it doesnt mean its wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Sad to know what they went through, but...that's what they get for trying to kill the animals. Hopefully this story will get around and deter other criminals

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It was.

The lions are on display in a, I think, museum in Chicago. Based on a true story, certainly. Rather a horrifying one, too.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

That would be almost understandable.

The real reason, not so much. Chinese medicine.

The horns are cut off, usually with a chainsaw, and the rest is left to rot.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Nature wins one.

Someone has an issue understand, no im referring to Charlyv's issue with the Giraffe that was shot, as per his post, you might scroll back and check out the actual conversation

I quoted exactly what you posted before you edited it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It all sounds so made up to me..

I bet they were not even poachers. Just some guys the locals killed then fed to the lions and are using this to cover up 3 murders.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dragonridr

Ambush predators. It's possible...however unlikely it may seem.

Maybe but the other thing I'm betting people here don't know Is they now have to track down the lions and kill them. When lions figure out we are a source of food there is to many villages to leave them alive. Eating those people cost the Lions their lives.

It's on a game preserve. They didn't mention anything about hunting down those lions. Since there's no villages about, I doubt they will even pursue it further.

(post by SaturnFX removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I looked into this slightly. It looks to me that humans that were on duty to protect the reserve were the actual killers. They then fed them to the hungry lions. And after the lions left the scene they finally called the authorities 24 hours later to make their report of which by the was synchronized amongst the workers.

That’ll learn ‘em.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow. That's just a tad bit on the over-reaction side of things, don't you think??

Tell me, if you will, how is this lady shooting this giraffe, an old, and a bit problematic in his behavior towards the rest of the herd, effectively culling him from the herd, any different then the slaughterhouse where beef, pork, etc... are processed for our consumption?

The giraffe wasn't wasted. It's behavior will no longer detrimentally effect the herd. Some folks got fed, so yes, greater good was served.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow. That's just a tad bit on the over-reaction side of things, don't you think??

Tell me, if you will, how is this lady shooting this giraffe, an old, and a bit problematic in his behavior towards the rest of the herd, effectively culling him from the herd, any different then the slaughterhouse where beef, pork, etc... are processed for our consumption?

The giraffe wasn't wasted. It's behavior will no longer detrimentally effect the herd. Some folks got fed, so yes, greater good was served.

I agree with your post but I think perhaps it was posted in the wrong thread?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Nope.

Three posts above mine, you'll see the post I responded to.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why do I think they were killed and fed to the lions?

I thought the same thing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join