It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ambush predators. It's possible...however unlikely it may seem.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To be eaten, my greatest fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's what I thought as well and them staying multiple days and potential for blood in their camp it very well have could happened that way. If they took shifts guarding or however they decide to protect themselves someone could have goofed.
edit on 7/5/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Ambush predators. It's possible...however unlikely it may seem.

Maybe but the other thing I'm betting people here don't know Is they now have to track down the lions and kill them. When lions figure out we are a source of food there is to many villages to leave them alive. Eating those people cost the Lions their lives.
edit on 7/5/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow, the government should hire that pride of lions to watch over the reserves. I bet they would get way more accomplished with stopping this poaching permanently. Those people will not poach another Rhino.

We are going to see a major increase in Nature attacking humans. All the way down to the smallest microbes. We started a war because of our greed and belief that we are better than nature that we cannot win.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why do I think they were killed and fed to the lions?

Who cares? They deserved it if they went after the Rhino's or Lions.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Spader because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2018 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yep.

Proven man-killer/eaters can not be allowed to roam. Eating poachers, one thing. A village boy out watching the cattle, is quite another.

Those lions are doomed.

Just like the bears on Kodiak a few years back that killed and ate a "protector". I seem to recall 8 or 9 bears answered for that one...

You're right.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

If that was all that was going to happen, then yes...good riddance to bad rubbish.

But...that's not all that's going to happen. What happens to dogs that bite humans? They're destroyed, usually.

Well, man-eating lions. What happens? Those lions are doomed, barring some sort of miracle. What happens when those lions, realizing just how easy it is to kill humans, find a village full of yummy snacks?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Im going to say someone is lying. If they had guns to take down rhinos a lion wouldn't have stood a chance. I think the lions came up on dead people.

Well armed hunters have been killed by lions for millenniums. A gun in the dark is useless against a top of the food chain predator.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That kind of calls the whole thing into question doesn't it?
If they had the guns to take down rhino they should have blown those cats away. The lions wouldn't attack people who where shooting at them they'd run away. They're cats not super heros.
These guys would have had to have been asleep for them all to be massacred.
I like the idea of poetic justice but I think dead poachers fed to the lions sounds more likely.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That's why they left the shoes and gloves. Too tough to digest.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I believe that is the case. If a lion kills a human they destroy it.
At least it was in The Ghost and The Darkness lol
But I think that was based on a true story.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
One lion is plenty to take out 3 men at night,don`t matter how many guns you have when you get surprised ,scared and can`t see.Besides,many poachers rely on snares and similar traps.All being ate indicates a lot of lions to finish it off.I`m sorry for nearby villages if those lions picked up a taste for human flesh,

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Spader

If that was all that was going to happen, then yes...good riddance to bad rubbish.

But...that's not all that's going to happen. What happens to dogs that bite humans? They're destroyed, usually.

Well, man-eating lions. What happens? Those lions are doomed, barring some sort of miracle. What happens when those lions, realizing just how easy it is to kill humans, find a village full of yummy snacks?

Have to say, well said. But still sad either way.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Heartwarming story..this makes my day

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

There's a punch line in there I know there is.
On a serious note play stupid games, become dinner 😀

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nature wins one.
Too bad that the poor giraffe that was recently killed, did not have a group of guard lions around.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Nature wins one.
Too bad that the poor giraffe that was recently killed, did not have a group of guard lions around.

You mean a safe space like you clearly need?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: charlyv
Nature wins one.

You mean a safe space like you clearly need?

Nah, just justice when someone kills an animal for pleasure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join