It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
source

“The only body part we found was one skull and one bit of pelvis, everything else was completely gone,” he told Newsweek. “There is so little left that they don’t know exactly how many people were killed, we suspect three because we found three sets of shoes and three sets of gloves.”

He added: “They came heavily armed with hunting rifles and axes which we have recovered and enough food to last them for several days so we suspect they were after all of our rhinos here. But the lions are our watchers and guardians and they picked the wrong pride and became a meal.”

I find this story to be pretty entertaining...whilst it's horrible to think of what happened to these lawbreaking jerks. I'm kind of happy that they got what was coming to them...they broke into a preserve with intent to kill rhinos for a piece of keratin (the horn.)

So +1 for the fuzzy kitties. Maybe each preserve could have a non-friendly pride guarding the rhinos.???

I put this in other current events, but if it's the wrong section, please feel free to move this mods.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I guess those lions take pride in their work.
Very efficient to get the whole gang.
A free dinner for 3.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why do I think they were killed and fed to the lions?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
From your link:

The reserve is one of the most popular game reserves in the Eastern Cape and is home to Africa’s big five – elephants, buffalos and leopards as well as rhinos and lions.

Especially lions it should say.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OM-NOM-NOM-NOM

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"I told Nu-bo-bo not to go on that preserve."

"You weren't lion."

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good. Rhino poachers run their groups just like gangs and big money from overseas and elsewhere goes into funding these groups. The animals are killed and left to rot so their horns can be made into knife handles or other such things. They hassle tourists and locals and are generally dangerous #ty people.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

My thinking exactly. Armed to the teeth, there’d atleast be some lion carcasses around too...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

pretty entertaining

Same here/ We shouldnt really laugh at the death of humans but chopping and killing animals for Rhino horns or other tusks I find abhorrent.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And they thought they had what it took to take down rhinos?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The great cycle of life will never stop spinning.

Lions are great at ambushing their prey from bushes or high grass.
My thoughts are this group got caught off guard during the night.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you serious? I thought my post Fourth of July Tequila sunrise with strawberries and fresh lemonade wasn’t gonna get better. I’m laughing at the death of stupid greedy humans all the time. Go Lions!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hope those lions are ok?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im going to say someone is lying. If they had guns to take down rhinos a lion wouldn't have stood a chance. I think the lions came up on dead people.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
LOL, this is the kind of feel good story we can all get behind.
SO I hear the poachers were made up of two Polish guys and a Chech. They found most of the first two, but couldn't find the third until they found the male lion. (the chech was in the male)

Thanks, I'll be here all night, tip your waiters.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Does not matter to me. Good on the dead part is fine.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The type of people that would do that yea. If they were sneaking into someones house to steal body parts and lost their life I would equally cheer on the person responsible for ceasing their existence.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Im going to say someone is lying. If they had guns to take down rhinos a lion wouldn't have stood a chance. I think the lions came up on dead people.

That depends largely on how close the lion is. If you can see him at the time it might help but they are mighty quick. And brutal when in strike mode. They can easily drag a human like a gazelle. Between their teeth.

Poetic justice? I dunno but if it saved a gazelle or two, good.
edit on 5/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Not sure how entertaining it is...but it is rather poetic.

Not a pleasant way to die.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join