It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I dare you to try this.

I'm not flying to Virginia to get tossed from a crap restaurant just to prove a point online, friend. Look, I'm in Alaska... I can wear any of my MAGA hats into any restaurant I wish and not be refused service in any way. It's but one reason I live here, good people own and operate our businesses. To be booted from a restaurant here, you'd have to make a total ass of yourself (which would mean YOU were violating the contract and yes, then you'd be on the hook for the tab.) This is what happens when imbeciles refuse service to upstanding members of society for BS reasons.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Talk about putting a magnifying glass on your business. Libs will support her and give a visit once or twice but the rest of us are done.

First of the year at best. Will get through the summer with lib tourist and locals fall will be quiet holidays will be OK after Christmas. CLOSED!!

DUMB DUMB DUMB

edit on 26-6-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: timequake

What mob are you referring to? Are you talking about the one that the owner set up to chase innocent dinner guest to the next restaurant?

All of them.

Lets try that again... What mob, in reference to the specific instance spoke of in the OP?

link   
The thing that concerns me with this whole incident was the fact this an impromptu political harassment. Just a bunch of ill informed drones walking around till one pointed out someone from the opposition. Planned protests are one thing. This is something entirely different.

This tells me that this kind of irrational fear gripping an even larger number than once thought. I keep hearing people say leftist extremists are a minority. I'm not really buying it anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I dare you to try this.

Why dont you try this? Wear a Bernie or Hillary shirt and get kicked,,,

Oh wait that wont work. No conservative owned restaurant would kick you out for something so stupid.
edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: timequake

She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

What bullet? What was Sarah doing that was so terrible? She was eating and minding her own business. And what difference does it make that some of the staff were "LGB"?

I wouldn't have made that decision. I would have anticipated the fallout from it and would have protected my business. I only ask my customers to leave when they do something illegal or they are disturbing the peace.

But this is a volunteer organization, right? The rules are a bit different, a bit more democratic, right?

I am not defending what she did, I would not have asked Sarah to leave. But I think she has integrity for doing what they asked her to do in such an organization, and then taking the bullet for all those who actually wanted this to happen.

Was that in response to my post or someone else's?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: timequake

What mob are you referring to? Are you talking about the one that the owner set up to chase innocent dinner guest to the next restaurant?

All of them.

Lets try that again... What mob, in reference to the specific instance spoke of in the OP?

The Red Hen and those who protested Sanders, and those who protested the Red Hen. Why, is there more I should know about?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Why dont you try this? Wear Bernie or Hillary shirt and get kicked,,,

Oh wait that wont work. No conservative owned restaurant would kick you out for something so stupid.

Because we understand business and just continue moving forward through the good and bad.

I'm working to buy a new business with a partner. Monthly 25% for her 25% for me and 50% put into the bank for the first year unless we decide different. She thinks it's a great plan because the place needs investment but not as much as we will be putting away. I told her it will be an LLC so we can do a board meeting in Aruba for free!!

Will do well

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That was a slap upside the head with a clue stick.

For every action, there is reaction.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Try it in a lib owned restaurant there and tell me how it goes for you.

I have worked in many restaurants here in florida and that stuff you said about how you can get away with stealing food just isn't true.

If you eat the food you have to pay.

I have actually seen people at bars here get arrested because they refused to pay after being kicked out for bad behavior.

Business owners should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Except in the case of life saving services.

I was on the cake shop owners side during that whole thing and I am on this business owners side now. And will be on the side of the next business owner that refuses to give service in the future. Regardless of what party they belong to.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Unless I was gay and trying to buy a cake.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I don't recall seeing or reading about any mob present at the Red Hem protesting it's owner's behavior. Have the rest of us missed something?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

yes there is a group of very hateful people from the right that harassed a different restaurant that shares the same name.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

yes there is a group of very hateful people from the right that harassed a different restaurant that shares the same name.

www.rawstory.com...

and how many people tried to make excuses and defend them? I do find it funny how upset you people who love to make a career out of protesting though get pissed off when your tactics come back at ya!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I don't recall seeing or reading about any mob present at the Red Hem protesting it's owner's behavior. Have the rest of us missed something?

Perhaps.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i've seen mentioned a few times in this thread that a representative of the restaurant organized a group of people to harass the group after they left the eatery.

i looked to find out more about the following of the group to another restaurant. i found a fox news article where sarah's father said this happened. problem i have with his account is he wasn't there. so far i haven't found any first hand account or cell phone video of the event. does anyone have a link that has interviews with people who were there that night? or cell phone video of the event? i'd wager that if a group of people are gathering to protest a group of hungry political people, at least one of them had a cell phone taking video.

i'd like to see that video.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Unless I was gay and trying to buy a cake.

Except he wasn't refusing to sell them a cake. He was refusing to decorate it..

God you liberals make it soo easy.
edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

What bullet? What was Sarah doing that was so terrible? She was eating and minding her own business. And what difference does it make that some of the staff were "LGB"?

I wouldn't have made that decision. I would have anticipated the fallout from it and would have protected my business. I only ask my customers to leave when they do something illegal or they are disturbing the peace.

But this is a volunteer organization, right? The rules are a bit different, a bit more democratic, right?

I am not defending what she did, I would not have asked Sarah to leave. But I think she has integrity for doing what they asked her to do in such an organization, and then taking the bullet for all those who actually wanted this to happen.

Was that in response to my post or someone else's?

To yours, you quoted me and then I quoted you. But really, most responses are to everyone. But yours as well, you asked what Sarah did that was wrong and why LGB mattered at all. Then I explained that I wouldn't have asked Sarah to leave unless she did the things that I kick people out for. And that LGB matters because it's a business run in a different fashion than most businesses and it seems what staff wants matters.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Try it in a lib owned restaurant there and tell me how it goes for you.

Well, I've eaten in the two restaurants owned by Anchorage's very, very liberal San Fransisco born mayor, wearing a MAGA hat and had zero issues from it, so... Like I said, you're not going to get denied service in Alaska due to ideological differences. It's simply too small of a market for business owners to risk any paying customer.

I have actually seen people at bars here get arrested because they refused to pay after being kicked out for bad behavior.

Bad behavior isn't what we're talking about here.

Business owners should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Except in the case of life saving services.

I was on the cake shop owners side during that whole thing and I am on this business owners side now. And will be on the side of the next business owner that refuses to give service in the future. Regardless of what party they belong to.

I actually agree with you here. That said, they've chipped away at the laws and made a country where some are protected for their quirks while others aren't, and that's wrong... as wrong as putting out a sign that says "blacks not welcome here." So, considering that, I find the actions of this restaurant manager to be staggeringly hypocritical and believe they should have to answer for it same as bakers have been forced to answer for refusal of service due to ideological differences with select customers and their life choices.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
IMO, the primary reason she resigned was more likely that she was given that opportunity to do so as it looks better on her resume' than 'terminated from employment'.

What "employment" would she have been terminated from in a voluntary position at a volunteer-based organization?

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
What Wilkinson did was to take her personal political opinion and make a statement with it using her position as restaurant owner and executive director of the MSL.

Her position as a restaurant owner was used as she refused service to Sanders, but her position with the MSL was irrelevant. She didn't have any power to refuse Sanders service anywhere beyond her own restaurant's front door.

edit on 6/26/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join