It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
i've seen mentioned a few times in this thread that a representative of the restaurant organized a group of people to harass the group after they left the eatery.

i looked to find out more about the following of the group to another restaurant. i found a fox news article where sarah's father said this happened. problem i have with his account is he wasn't there. so far i haven't found any first hand account or cell phone video of the event. does anyone have a link that has interviews with people who were there that night? or cell phone video of the event? i'd wager that if a group of people are gathering to protest a group of hungry political people, at least one of them had a cell phone taking video.

i'd like to see that video.

I actually saw the restaurant owner interviewed who owned the restaurant that the Huckebees went to after being kicked out of the Red Hen. However it doesn't seem to be on YouTube at the current time.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I actually defend the right of all these people to protest.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I actually defend the right of all these people to protest.

If I came into a restaurant with a group of me and my biker friends and started shouting at you and your family while you were having dinner would you be okay with it?

I don't think so! It wouldn't be right for me to do so and it sure as hell doesn't fall into the realm of peaceful protest!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I'm not a liberal.

I defended the cake maker.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in those that defended the cake make but who are now bashing this other business owner.

Admit it, if this was a republican owned business that kicked out some liberal the right here would be defending them.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'm not a liberal.

I defended the cake maker.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in those that defended the cake make but who are now bashing this other business owner.

Admit it, if this was a republican owned business that kicked out some liberal the right here would be defending them.

Nope if a restaurant kicked out Nancy Pelosi (which I can't stand) id feel the same way.

Childish and foolish

But if you want me to point out the hypocrisy of the left well how much time have you got?
edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Who? I think most conservative posters have have been consistent in their position.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and believe they should have to answer for it same as bakers have been forced to answer for refusal of service due to ideological differences with select customers and their life choices.

Eye for eye.

I would rather we change the laws to give business owners more freedom in there own businesses.
Refuse service for ANY reason. Let the free market sort them out.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's what happens when emotion consistently takes the reigns from reason. The resulting mistakes are often reminiscent of how a child might behave. It's emotional immaturity plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

If I came into a restaurant with a group of me and my biker friends and started shouting at you and your family while you were having dinner would you be okay with it?

I have had this happen to me. Personally I didn't like it but I will never want to take away a persons freedom to challenge me when I upset them.

Long story, short. It was a southern conservative church group that did this to me when I was 16 because I was wearing a whitezombie shirt that had 666 on it.
edit on 26-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
But if you want me to point out the hypocrisy of the left well how much time have you got?

And there's the REAL problem in American politics.

Both sides are hypocritical as hell, neither has the power to change the other, and both would rather point the finger instead of looking in the mirror to clean up something they actually do have the power to influence.

Laziness at its finest.
edit on 6/26/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

They , along with me, defended the cake maker.

I am the one being consistent.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This isn't about kicking Sanders out. The business owner can do that.

This is about then following her to the next place and harassing her. I think that's what got this lady in trouble with the Main Street Assoc. She made their businesses look bad and they didn't want her doing that and negatively impacting their businesses.

She can decide whom she will serve and take the fallout. It is not her place to then decide how others will perceive other businesses that are not hers which is what happened when she took her protest across the street.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

and believe they should have to answer for it same as bakers have been forced to answer for refusal of service due to ideological differences with select customers and their life choices.

Eye for eye.

I would rather we change the laws to give business owners more freedom in there own businesses.
Refuse service for ANY reason. Let the free market sort them out.

I agree, but any signs of that change happening? It won't happen because that freedom also comes with the possibility that the free market will allow some business to prosper after making a decision which the establishment dislikes... thus proving the fact that a lot of this country's pet projects like reverse discrimination, special status under the law, and specially protected groups are widely unpopular decisions and need to be cast out of our governance.

So, in absence of those changes to the law happening, I see no reason to support something based off of ideologies alone when that support is the equivalent to kicking your own allies in the head repeatedly.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I have had this happen to me. Personally I didn't like it but I will never want to take away a persons freedom to challenge me when I upset them.

Long story, short. It was a southern conservative church group that did this to me when I was 16 because I was wearing a whitezombie shirt that had 666 on it.

A T shirt upset them?

Well that's utter BS. I wear T shirts specifically designed to trigger people because that's how much I support the 1st. However, because I wear it, doesn't give some one the right to get in my face and make me feel threatened by their fascist ideology.

I am all for peaceful protests. The bar has been moved though on those who advocate and make excuses for peaceful protests that infringe on other citizens rights and become violent.

Don't care who you are or what you believe. You have no right to treat people in ways that you would feel in danger if they treated you in the same manner.

edit on 26-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: spelling as usual

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

What was Sarah doing to make them so distraught? How was it run such that, Specifically, Sarah just being there was an issue?

edit on 26-6-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I like snarky tees as much as the next person, but I don't choose my clothing with the intent to openly offend. Honestly, wearing something like 666 in public is going to be risky for that, but so would wearing Mohammad and that's also something I wouldn't do because I don't go out of my way to offend.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I don't recall seeing or reading about any mob present at the Red Hem protesting it's owner's behavior. Have the rest of us missed something?

Perhaps.

Likely not...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
What was Sarah doing to make them so distraught?

Being employed by the target of their hatred and outrage.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I agree, but any signs of that change happening? It won't happen because that freedom also comes with the possibility that the free market will allow some business to prosper after making a decision which the establishment dislikes... thus proving the fact that a lot of this country's pet projects like reverse discrimination, special status under the law, and specially protected groups are widely unpopular decisions and need to be cast out of our governance.

I find that when we really get down to the core of an issue most people tend to agree.

So, in absence of those changes to the law happening, I see no reason to support something based off of ideologies alone when that support is the equivalent to kicking your own allies in the head repeatedly.

It's less that I support it more that I don't work against it. I definitely wouldn't be protesting like this myself. Maybe we will get lucky and this stuff will bring the greater issue from your paragraph above more into the light.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A T shirt upset them?

lol
Oh yeah dude. They followed me out of the burger king stopped traffic to follow me into the neighborhood where my girlfriend was living . They were yelling stuff about me being "the evil one that they were told about."

It was at that point that I ran .
I live in a huge christian town. The biggest most expensive building here is a christian high school.
I got harassed by christians and cops throughout all of my teenage years.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join