It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
...but should not be made a martyr for her choices.

Why because she now has to pay the consequences of her actions?

For just a moment, consider the damage her actions caused other businesses in Lexington, VA.

Have you seen how big Lexington is or even where it is?

Let me show you.

So in a few words, a single main street with three small blocks of commercial space...in...the...freaking...middle...of...nowhere.

I can see now why the town's business people are pissed off at her.

How many people on the left will now flock there to show their support (read spend money there) because of her actions? I'd wager almost none.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

From the MSL website linked in the OP, a face to go with the name.....

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hillary who? We Dems are over her. You need to move on also.

She ain't coming back for round two. But if Hillary must take up constant space in your mind, so be it. The only time I really think of her now is when you guys bring her up in these threads. LOL!

Funny, she was just on the news today whining about losing the election and saving a discussion about the electoral college for another day. Gone away? Why don’t you send her a tweet and remind her?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

For just a moment, consider the damage her actions caused other businesses in Lexington, VA.

Let me show you.

No, because an outrage mob pressured an organization to submit to their demands. Personally, I'm sick of these tactics, and I don't see how mob pressure and posturing is conducive to a free society.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Sad. Really sad.

An owner who wasn't even working that day, gets called in for the best interest of her employees settles this in a calm manner and Trumps minion goes all wild and calls out the restaurants from not her personal twitter but the government one, to push hate on this place, and look what happens.

The owner didn't kick her out, she asked her to leave in a polite way. This is what people get for sticking up for their employees.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Pretty simple. Keep politics out of your restaurant business. Problem solved.

ETA: Or have the balls to post a sign indicating who you won't serve because of their political affiliations. Then consumers can decide accordingly.
edit on 26-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Sad. Really sad.

An owner who wasn't even working that day, gets called in for the best interest of her employees settles this in a calm manner and Trumps minion goes all wild and calls out the restaurants from not her personal twitter but the government one, to push hate on this place, and look what happens.

The owner didn't kick her out, she asked her to leave in a polite way. This is what people get for sticking up for their employees.

Did she? I thought she got a call from her staff to say Sarah Sanders had entered the building "what should we do" - from that point onwards, its all on Wilkinson : from the response she gave to that staff member on the phone, onwards.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm not generally unsympathetic to your view, but don't assume the town's business people weren't already pissed regardless of the mob.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'm not generally unsympathetic to your view, but don't assume the town's business people weren't already pissed regardless of the mob.

Then don't eat at the Red Hen. There are other means to get revenge that do not involve violence, coercion and sanction.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sad. Really sad.

Why would you even call your boss because someone politically opposite comes into your restaurant?

Sounds to me like the atmosphere was already set? I worked in the service industry for years and would NEVER call my boss unless someone was causing a disruption.

Also she did more than ask Sarah to leave, she got a group to follow her across the street to another restaurant to harass her.. Unless of course you want to call that restaurant owner a liar?

You have any more excuses?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

What's sad is that after this fine upstanding pillar of the community chased Sanders and her husband back to their hotel room she followed the remaining members of the dinner party to the next restaurant they tried to dine at and organized a protest and harassed them there.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And what response was that?

Sanders was already seated and eating, and when some of the kitchen staff found out they felt uncomfortable about making her food from there on. That's when they called the owner. What kills me is that people completely ignore the misuse of her government resources to push her personal agenda, the owner said nothing about being affiliated with Trump, she just told her it would be best to leave, and she did.
[SNIPPED]
edit on Wed Jun 27 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Let me show you.

No, because an outrage mob pressured an organization to submit to their demands. Personally, I'm sick of these tactics, and I don't see how mob pressure and posturing is conducive to a free society.

Live by outrage mob pressure die by outrage mob pressure.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Should have probably left her alone when she's not "on the job". Even political figures need time off the clock.

....but hey, why give someone personal space and time.

It is despicable what is going on for both sides of the political spectrum.

The media eats this up because it SELLS more not because they care. Talk show host serve it up and deliver it as a punchline night after night.

Next week will be another issue and so on and so on and so on and everyone will take the bait and runs with it EVERY TIME.

I'm not above it all, I fall prey to it too.

Trump is playing the media like a fiddle....they are hanging on his every tweet. Pavlovian even.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

And what response was that?

Sanders was already seated and eating, and when some of the kitchen staff found out they felt uncomfortable about making her food from there on. That's when they called the owner. What kills me is that people completely ignore the misuse of her government resources to push her personal agenda, the owner said nothing about being affiliated with Trump, she just told her it would be best to leave, and she did.
[SNIPPED]

^^
**Alternative reality version**

No more soup for you.
edit on Wed Jun 27 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

Live by outrage mob pressure die by outrage mob pressure.

It has never turned out badly when the right abuses the tactics of the left.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In other words, you missed the point.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Don't you know. EVERYTHING is the US is political now days. Where have you been? You sneeze and ask a gay person for a tissue, you're a communist-leftist-liberal-democrat, you have your hands full and ask a white bald dude to hold the door for you and you're a white supremacist.

As Anthony Bourdain has stated, the restaurant and food industry is fueld by immigrants, especially from the dreaded MEXICO and BEYOND! What do you honestly think triggered these kitchen staff?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of a reality where a cook / staff says to the eatery owner "I don't want to prepare food for that person, because my politics prohibits my morals from doing so" and the owner saying "you know what, I agree, # profits, opinions matter"

Anyone?

Didn't think so.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join