It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
She was facing anger from the other business owners in Main Street Lexington.

It seems her actions had much wider consequences than just hitting her restaurant, and they're pretty ticked off about it. Plus, they sort of feel like she's supposed to represent them in an objective manner and her behavior sort of threw that right out the door along with spilling over onto the rest of main street.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hillary who? We Dems are over her. You need to move on also.

She ain't coming back for round two. But if Hillary must take up constant space in your mind, so be it. The only time I really think of her now is when you guys bring her up in these threads. LOL!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
What is this, virtue signaling or something?

The woman acted, and as Sublimecraft said was probably pushed to leave. Sounds like consequences caught up.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think the loss of customers is more than enough punishment for the owner. She exposed herself as a bigot, and rendered her establishment the same, but should not be made a martyr for her choices.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No,no,no, no.

First rule in buisness... STAY OUT OF POLITICS.

idiot of the year award....

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"I am pushing for the immediate termination of her position as the head of the Main Street Lexington Program," the business owner wrote. "She clearly is not an objective advocate for our town and it sickens me to be batched in a 'one size fits all' mindset that all businesses in town behave in such a small-minded, intolerant way."

Ouch.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

She won't "go away" till The American People see justice meted out to her. She is like a big puss-filled boil on the behind of the American public. Till this corruption is lanced, I don't believe we will be healed completely. It needs to be done. It may leave a scar, but it's better than the lingering festering sick sore that's always popping in and opening her pie hole about something.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In this case, the Main Street Lexington business owners don't feel like she represents their interests best anymore, so they are pressuring her to step down.

She made a bone-headed move and brought big consequences down on the entire town, not just her business, and that's why they're thinking she's not good for their bottom lines. I am guessing that had the protest not spilled out into the next place of business, this wouldn't be as big an issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Thanks for that. You know, one just need close their eyes and play the game out in a calm and rational manner, keeping the cornerstone of thought at the forefront......

Money talks, BS walks.

and now, we have our textbook example of 'consequential effect resultant from actions'.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In this case, the Main Street Lexington business owners don't feel like she represents their interests best anymore, so they are pressuring her to step down.

She made a bone-headed move and brought big consequences down on the entire town, not just her business, and that's why they're thinking she's not good for their bottom lines. I am guessing that had the protest not spilled out into the next place of business, this wouldn't be as big an issue.

They have every right to do that, just like she had every right to refuse service to Sanders, but I do not think it is right nor do I think it is practical.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Hillary who? We Dems are over her. You need to move on also.

She ain't coming back for round two. But if Hillary must take up constant space in your mind, so be it. The only time I really think of her now is when you guys bring her up in these threads. LOL!

Trump is president. You need to move on.

Allowing him to live rent-free in your mind and drive you to insanity is no good for your health. Go out in NOV and vote so you can ride the blue wave down the dirty toilet.
edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yep! It is being reported now that when Sarah left, she went across the street to another restaurant and this numb nutz organized a group to follow her and her family across the street and scream at her/family while they tried to eat there!

The business owner didn't seem too happy with the theatrics.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think she did what she did to Sanders for reasons of politics.

I think the business assoc. is doing what they're doing less for reasons of politics and more for reasons of business. The incident has gotten blown up to the point where they can't keep her and look objective, especially where her #Resistance spilled out into the wider business community whether they wanted it to or not.

In short keeping her on makes them look like they approve of what she did which makes them appear partisan. So what do they do? Own her or drop her.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Main Street Lexington

Main Street Lexington exists to enhance the economic prosperity and cultural vitality of our community, re-establishing downtown Lexington as the vibrant economic and cultural nexus of our area while maintaining its unique character.
We are a volunteer-based organization established in 2013. We are affiliate members of the Virginia Main Street Program, which uses a proven "Four Point Approach" created by the National Main Street Center to achieve economic revitalization in the context of historic preservation.

Looks like she's screwed up the economic part, but the "Historical Preservation" will stand for generations !!

edit on Jun-26-2018 by xuenchen because: 👁👁

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think she did what she did to Sanders for reasons of politics.

I think the business assoc. is doing what they're doing less for reasons of politics and more for reasons of business. The incident has gotten blown up to the point where they can't keep her and look objective, especially where her #Resistance spilled out into the wider business community whether they wanted it to or not.

In short keeping her on makes them look like they approve of what she did which makes them appear partisan. So what do they do? Own her or drop her.

I don't believe in guilt by association, and cannot say her actions reflect poorly on them without resorting to that fallacy, but given the general fear of collective outrage in today's culture, I cannot say I'm surprised.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we live in a guilt by association world.

The article I posted talks about how those other business owners are already drawing fire thanks to her actions.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

well...it ain't a job. It was an organization of local businesses, kind of like being on the board of directors for the local chamber (a pain in the ass, but everyone does their part to network).

She lost esteem, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We didn't vote for Hillary.

You didn't vote for her because you are a sexist pig that grabs women by the crotch! The one chance in 200+ years to get our first female President and people like you ruined it!! You and anyone else that voted for Trump should be put on trial by the #MeToo movement to get your Weinstein participation trophy....

BTW Sarcasm for those who can not understand humor...

The way people on here go off, one can never tell. By the way, I would have voted for Condaleeza Rice for POTUS in a heartbeat!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The hatred that the anti-Trump people have is irrational.

I yawned so hard I turned inside out and rolled out of my chair.

Milo Yiannopoulos Encourages Vigilantes to Start ‘Gunning Journalists Down

Milo Yiannopoulos has started issuing reporters threatening messages when asked to comment for stories.

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,” the right-wing nationalist told Observer over text message, in response to a longer feature in development about an Upper East Side restaurant he is said to frequent.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we live in a guilt by association world.

The article I posted talks about how those other business owners are already drawing fire thanks to her actions.

I would argue that they were drawing fire thanks to the breathless reporting on the topic. I would argue that the owner's actions were the result of the same propaganda. It is unfortunate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join