It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics this politics that, so boring

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So it looks like the ATS forum demise will be completely done by the politics obsessed people, it is unbareable or whatever it is written

I came here looking for other things, it was magical to find a site that would have so many topics and great ideas

But now it all ends on Beautiful Trump/Ugly Trump

Is like going to the park at night and having a fight with the dumbasses from the next block that take the second court and don't allow us to go there

Americans seem to be going into low mindset territory, this is boring, what's wrong with you?

Every person as far as i can understand on this site is already grown up but still acting up

And i get called for being "immature" every single time i say something they don't have an answer for

This is ridiculous and the site is nothing more than pure political crap, not even intelligent conversation just crap as it is

Next thing there will be conversation about what flavor the Trump shoes taste like, but still everyone will be licking on them just to tell it is good flavor or not.

Stop

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Be the change you want ATS to be.
But I see your point, have a break and come back.
We really need a fake/real alien invasion to spice up the board though.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Agreed.

I thought that the general consensus here was that people in power were not to be trusted in general, but it's just been this cult of personality garbage for years now, and it's only getting worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

False Dichotomy.

Some are neither and get labelled both.

edit on 14-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I agree with that ATS should be against them all because they are the same side of the coin.
TPTB have won look at the division they have caused.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Why do these threads always seem to emanate from folks whom post threads very little?

Essentially you're saying that you are not being entertained to you liking on a site that is completely user generated.

Time to generate some content that you wish to see and discuss!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I came here because i saw that this site was very great and i wanted to learn more about American culture, i don't have much to say i'm trying to learn about how you all think and your culture

I didn't came here to tell you about my way of thinking and i did find great things i wanted to know for very long, that was all of it

Right now i don't find much but political stuff and it is getting so dumb and boring that it has become a bother to even look at the recent threads because there is nothing else going on

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Im not sure I understand,
Are you saying your pro Trump or anti Trump?
Either way Im sure you can agree Hillary is a crook

Regardless of where you stand I agree with your premise, I hate it when people needlessly bring personality politics into threads

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

False Dichotomy.

Some are neither and get labelled both.

It doesn't matter, it is about politics and that's the problem i was talking about

Politics this, politics that, whatever side.

Site should be abovepolitics then, or allaboutpolitics.com because very little seems to be going on, otherwise

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I understand. You came here to learn something about topics you wished to see. As ATS is entirely user generated, that is where the content comes from.

Also, it can be argued that we are living through the greatest conspiracy our civilization has ever known and as ATS is a site heavy on the conspiracy side of things, that is what interests the users.

You don't need to input your way of thinking nor your culture in your postings. In fact, some users take great lengths not to. You can dig up information about what you've found elsewhere and would like to discuss then post it the same as everyone else.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im not sure I understand,
Are you saying your pro Trump or anti Trump?
Either way Im sure you can agree Hillary is a crook

Regardless of where you stand I agree with your premise, I hate it when people needlessly bring personality politics into threads

My head is going to explode

I am neither, i'm not an American citizen, and probably will never be

What i'm saying is, this site is supposed to be about all other things and politics is just one thing, but recently there is nothing going on but people talking about trump is "beautiful/god" and "trump is ugly/lucifer"

And if you go to other forums like into that thread about posting funny memes from the internet then you find things about politics as soon as you look into it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Ahhh sorry... I misunderstood your OP

What your saying is your pro Trump and your sick of all the anti Trump nonsense, you feel that Americans should be as supportive of their president as you are.
Mate once again I am totally in agreement with you

So I guess now the only thing left to discuss is how do we either promote or author quality pro Trump threads and get ATS politically motivated to help the POTUS.

Whats your recommendations?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

You might check out the old threads. I know I've got aplenty.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude LOL!

He's saying pro/anti Trump noise is his bane.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

And if you go to other forums like into that thread about posting funny memes from the internet then you find things about politics as soon as you look into it.

But politics makes for the best memes.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I understand. You came here to learn something about topics you wished to see. As ATS is entirely user generated, that is where the content comes from.

Also, it can be argued that we are living through the greatest conspiracy our civilization has ever known and as ATS is a site heavy on the conspiracy side of things, that is what interests the users.

You don't need to input your way of thinking nor your culture in your postings. In fact, some users take great lengths not to. You can dig up information about what you've found elsewhere and would like to discuss then post it the same as everyone else.

I wanted to learn more about how to express my ideas before i would post things on my own. I still have ways to go to understand many things about how you all go by day to day and what's really to live as an American.

And i do try to learn as much as i can, it is just not possible if everything comes down to the same single topic every single time

Anyway i am sorry for this rant i never meant to make anyone mad i'm just a bit sad that i don't find the things i liked so much anymore and it has made the experience very different than what i found when i joined

I guess people change over time and now they have different tastes and things to like

Is just a bother that there are mostly no other topics

I did however see a very very great post a few days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is technical and beautiful, like what i was looking for at first before i realized this site was way more than this, i found so many other great things here since then. I spent months reading and reading and i was in love with how many things were going on

I don't even know what to say any more, i'm not against talking about what you believe i just don't think that it becoming everything that is going on in your mind is healthy or a good thing in any other way

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude LOL!

He's saying pro/anti Trump noise is his bane.

I know and I agree, Americans just need to get behind Trump and support him.
Theres no need to be pro or anti Trump as hes the POTUS and nothing will change that.

We need to mobilise and not make just pro Trump threads but rather unbiased reports on what it is he is actually doing, kinda like what journalists should be doing but dont.

I for one will answer the OPs call to arms and from tomorrow will post a thread daily on Trumps actions without any bias or agenda

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If you want to keep a site going, you can't live on the past.

New content and moving forward would be sooooo great..
edit on 14-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Ahhh sorry... I misunderstood your OP

What your saying is your pro Trump and your sick of all the anti Trump nonsense, you feel that Americans should be as supportive of their president as you are.
Mate once again I am totally in agreement with you

So I guess now the only thing left to discuss is how do we either promote or author quality pro Trump threads and get ATS politically motivated to help the POTUS.

Whats your recommendations?

I'm going to whack you in the head so hard you are going to pop up in another country speaking a different language

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Be the change you want ATS to be.
But I see your point, have a break and come back.
We really need a fake/real alien invasion to spice up the board though.

Dude, im already here (and the invasion is very real).

The invasion involves tickling and mandatory la-z-boy relaxing.

edit on 6142018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join