It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics this politics that, so boring

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

LOL

I tip my non existent hat to your patience with my blatant trolling

I do agree with you somewhat, when I first came to this site many moons ago it was to look at stuff like RH neg blood, ancient civs, aliens etc etc
I think 1 of the biggest issues is that genuinely fortean conspiracies just dont come to light often enough for a site like this to be full of the content it should be.

Ive seen threads pop up with really good content and the start of a decent discussion only to have it closed and a mod refer everyone to a thread thats 6 years old.

It seems like any conspiracy or topic you can name will have at least 1 thread somewhere on ATS so to keep a topic fresh you will need to find a new angle or some new info and start a new thread.

But with all of that said and as others above me have pointed out, the best way to change ATS is to be the change you want to see

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: WarriorMH
And if you go to other forums like into that thread about posting funny memes from the internet then you find things about politics as soon as you look into it.

But politics makes for the best memes.

But whyyyyyyy!

Stop it already, the world doesn't deserve it

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Because ripping on scum bag politicians / party's is empowering. And they deserve it.

edit on 14-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

LOL

I tip my non existent hat to your patience with my blatant trolling

I do agree with you somewhat, when I first came to this site many moons ago it was to look at stuff like RH neg blood, ancient civs, aliens etc etc
I think 1 of the biggest issues is that genuinely fortean conspiracies just dont come to light often enough for a site like this to be full of the content it should be.

Ive seen threads pop up with really good content and the start of a decent discussion only to have it closed and a mod refer everyone to a thread thats 6 years old.

It seems like any conspiracy or topic you can name will have at least 1 thread somewhere on ATS so to keep a topic fresh you will need to find a new angle or some new info and start a new thread.

But with all of that said and as others above me have pointed out, the best way to change ATS is to be the change you want to see

when I first came to this site many moons ago it was to look at stuff like RH neg blood

I am one of those "weird" people, i have that kind of blood and you should know that was one of the reasons i started looking into sites like this

I would like to contribute but you should know i may not be able to express fully what i meant and that has always been a problem and i usually get a bit of help correcting mistakes and so on, so on my own i would probably would not be able to really do great content. I don't mind much about it since all i wanted was to learn more not to 'teach' anything, for the most part i have seen several things that don't make sense to any 'normal' knowledge but i don't have anything but what my eyes let me know and so i just wanted to see if this is something we all share and that's why i'm here

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Because ripping on scum bag politicians / party's is empowering.

Well that's true, but there are way too many other things to talk about too, life can't just be about them. I thought politicians loved and lived by what people say of them, them why people give them so much attention? They remain alive and popular in one way or another just because of that

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

And they deserve it.

No, they dont care in the slightest what their opposition says about them. They do care to some degree what their supporters think. Their paid focus groups now that they follow to the gills.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

And they deserve it.

No, they dont care in the slightest what their opposition says about them. They do care to some degree what their supporters think. Their paid focus groups now that they follow to the gills.

In general politics is a nasty thing, for sure

I know if we ignore them they would still go and do the stuff they do, and someone has to stop them at some point

But that's very different from licking them to see which flavor they taste like, as lots of people seem to be doing right now and that's what makes me sick

Also this site was not just about politics but now seems to be and that's all i wanted to say

edit on 14-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

But that's very different from licking them to see which flavor they taste like, as lots of people seem to be doing right now and that's what makes me sick

Well, for what its worth, The Donald prefers McDonald's.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well, for what its worth, The Donald prefers McDonald's.

I prefer Burger King but oh well, let's all have nutria! LMFAO

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The period is your friend.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude LOL!

He's saying pro/anti Trump noise is his bane.

Had to carefully double check but yeah i'm told that in general i lack the necessary parts to be a 'he', bummer

I love when this happens lmfao

Hello guys, I'm not a dude, sorry for the confusion
edit on 14-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

No it's not, trust me

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

The period implies an ending... ellipses are where it's at.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Dude LOL!

Had to carefully double check but yeah i'm told that in general i lack the necessary parts to be a 'he', bummer

Well, as you're learning about Western Nations, you will learn that you don't need the necessary parts to be a he, or a she. In fact, he's are now known as she's in some countries. It's all inclusive you see.

"Can you point to the person who robbed you in the court room?"
"There she is, right there."
*points at large, bearded fellow with a MUM tattoo on his forearm*
"Case dismissed."

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

This site discusses many things, historically anyway. You are right that the political situation has taken over these last few years, its not something that can be denied.

But...

The reason for that is that many of the things we used to discuss here are related to conspiracies old and new, and the biggest conspiracies ever committed against either the people of America, or indeed the people of the rest of the world, are coming to what appears to be a rather nasty, and potentially noxious head right about now, and that is expressing itself in ways which have to do with politics. Politics as it stands, the way it became this way, and the people who are responsible for it, are the centre of the biggest and most insidious conspiracy in the recent history of the world. That is why the site has gone politics crazy lately.

This is not merely one company duping the people into buying snake oil, but an entire country having been duped by a fraudster and a conman, into allowing him access to the powers that used to keep his worst excesses in check, but now leave the way open for him and those who support him, to destroy whatever they wish to, in order to increase their bottom lines, at the expense of infrastructure, the livelihoods of the people, and even actual lives of the people in some cases. The fact is that as tedious as you may find it, tracking the events we are seeing in politics today is a far more important habit, no matter what you personally believe about politics, than tracking earthquake data, weather, terrorist activity, or any other thing. Keeping a finger on the pulse of politics at the moment, is the same as keeping your finger on the pulse of the end of the damned world, because if something big and bad happens now, it will be a result of political activity, not of a meteor impact, or a UFO invasion, or any other damned thing.

The only remotely dangerous thing going on at the moment, is going on in politics. Yellowstone might be deadly dangerous, but it cannot kill as many people over time as a faulty government run by an insecure narcissist.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

Dude LOL!

Well, as you're learning about Western Nations, you will learn that you don't need the necessary parts to be a he, or a she. In fact, he's are now known as she's in some countries. It's all inclusive you see.

"Can you point to the person who robbed you in the court room?"
"There she is, right there."
*points at large, bearded fellow with a MUM tattoo on his forearm*
"Case dismissed."

Lmao, got it

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But you have to admit that doing this is completely different than kneeling before you master while hating the other master, whoever one you follow

And constantly talking about how beautiful and how great and legendary and better your party or candidate is has nothing to do with conspiracy or taking politics seriously and more with cult like mindset, where every single thing your leader does or says merits announcing it to the world through any possible means.

It's pollution only

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Your whopping 320 posts, 21 flags, 418 stars and ATS score of a staggering 3 screams volumes about your contributions here, yet you complain.

You do have a choice you know, you can choose to not read political threads as there are many. You can choose to contribute non-political threads, but you don't. You can even choose to leave if you wish. It's your choice.

Interesting though that you don't see politics in the modern day and age as the biggest conspiracy of all, and after all, this IS a conspiracy site.

Today must be the day for ironic posts. This is the 2nd one I've seen this morning with an almost painful amount of irony.

Best.

edit on 6/14/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Dude LOL!

Well maybe if you stopped making intelligent posts/threads the confusion wouldn’t happen

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Thats the precise problem with the current situation.

I have made no secret of my total dislike of Trump. To my mind he is unworthy of political office, because he has proven many a time that he cannot be trusted, by screwing his contractors when he was working in property, by claiming to be a self made man despite taking an awful lot more than "a small loan of a million dollars" from his father in order to make his first deals happen, and the fact that he has never actually EARNED a dime in his life. He has GAINED money, but never actually done a days labour in his life, and that is disgusting to me in a fundamental way.

BUT... if he had come into office and started making GOOD moves, that increased the strength of the working class without appeasing the corporate world, if he had ejected people who sat on boards of companies interested in oil, minerals, mining, if he had refused to have lobbyists take positions in government, if he had strengthened environmental protections by forcing through legislation to make the US a renewables only nation by 2050, immediately put together packages of fully costed infrastructure spending to rebuild the roads, lay fast broadband to every trailer, tent and house in the country, started doing inclusive and forward thinking things with his office, then I would, despite not liking him in the least, have at least a grudging respect for his efforts.

Its the POLICY I have a REAL problem with. Don't get me wrong, I would not have a drink with that guy even if he promised to get me piss drunk for a month on his dime, even if he could boast Jesus Christ himself as a drinking buddy. But his policies, his blatant use of propaganda to ramp up the hatred within the people that gave him power in the first place, sickens me to my core, and the way he has gone about inflicting himself on the United States, and indeed the world, is without value in a modern society. He is a regressive, looking to burn the atmosphere, choke your children (and mine, because environmental policy in America effects ALL nations), and make a profit from the exploitation of the working people.

And when Obama's policies were wrong (continuing the wars, returning to the battlefield, accepting congressional refusal to allow the closure of Guantanamo, not vetoing ANY remote method of causing death to anyone, least of all civilians, his decision to allow military planners to continue to see any collateral casualties as acceptable, his refusal to stick to proper principles of peace and dialogue, despite the fact that the threat posed to America by terrorism is a threat it bought and paid for via the intelligence agencies, and their founding of most of the serious terror organisations world wide.... the list goes on for days), I said as much. When Theresa May (the current PM) is wrong, I tell people all about it, and when I think that Corbyn (leader of the opposition) is wrong, I tell people about it (although, because I agree with most of his policies, that happens rarely).

For me its about policy far more than it is personality. Right now, Britain and America both, are being run by people whose policies are either very dangerous for hard working, decent people of all faiths, colours and creeds, or outright lethal in some cases. I cannot abide by that, and until it is no longer the case, I will be all over that crap like a fly on a turd, and I will make no apology for it. Vigilance is the only way to protect the future from the scum who are ruining decades of progress right now.

If you want an idea of how dangerous it is to allow people in power to do things without your express notice and approval, look at the 2008 banking crash. It happened in 2008, or rather, thats when it really bit very hard. The spiral had been on for a while, more gradually initially, but suddenly in 08. You know what caused that? It wasn't Obama, it wasn't REALLY Bush, although he could have done a damned sight more to stop it. No. It was God damned Clinton. Glass-Steagall Act (1932) measures as well as the Banking Act of 1933, were laws passed in the thirties to separate commercial banking from investment banking, laws which prevented banks and brokers from using the money of people saving with banks, to trade on the markets. The reason they signed those measures into law, was that in 1929, there was a MASSIVE collapse of the banks, owing to a perfect storm of bubble bursting which caused the banks to violently come apart, devastating the American economy and very seriously damaging the world economy, of which America at the time was a massive part.

Fast forward to 1999, and Clinton, in his infinite lack of wisdom, cuts that "red tape" in order to make the banks more active. But the whole reason that law existed in the first place, is because the lawmakers of the time had seen what was going on in the early thirties and late twenties, and knew they could never allow such a thing to happen again, therefore, they wrote more law. For decades, there was no way for a great depression of that sort to occur again in America, and everyones money was relatively safe. Sure, other things could effect peoples personal money, but it would not evaporate without their permission again. But those acts of government were not just legislation, they were life lines, and when they were cut and the game began again for those Wall Street types, once again, despite all the promises, the reassurances, the swearing "we are smarter now, and that could never happen again", what do you know? There was a collapse even deeper than that of the 30's, although the terminally dull will argue that it wasn't as bad despite the evidence to the contrary.

What I am saying is, that policy is important. The fact is that the leadership of most of the west at the moment are retarded in that realm, which is why they can burn for all I care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join