It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re Fired: Philadelphia Eagles ‘dis-invited’ to White House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Attending the White House for champions/championship teams has been a long-standing tradition...well, that seems to be a waning tradition.

The Iggles* got ‘dis-invited’ (not sure that’s a word) because a couple malcontents wouldn’t attend — total solidarity, or else, forget the players who actually wanted to go. The National Anthem controversy was the impetus for ‘giving the Heisman’ to the Eagles. This is something else, man!

Philadelphia Eagles’ White House Trip Canceled

*As a Redskin season ticket holder, it just reads and sounds better. Wonder what the outrage would be if the ‘Skins won it all and were to attend...hell, DJT should have Dexter Manley and Randall Cunningham drop by and mean mug each other — that’d be awesome!!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Ahh, the Un-vitation.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I understand them not wanting to attend. I wouldn't have attended if Obama were President.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Trump is so petty!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I understand them not wanting to attend. I wouldn't have attended if Obama were President.

that's racist.... isn't it?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

haha - would you look at that - the White House takes a knee and refuses to acknowledge the team.

, oh man, you can't make this stuff up. Trump - the KING of triggerers.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

and homophobic and transphobic, depending on who you ask...

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Remeber when football teams were actually teams ans played for love of the game and stood together....

Instead of being populated by entitled whiney little bitches spitting in the face of their good fortune and getting paid millions of dollars, while complaining about their oppression, and refusing to visit historical office that's stood as a beacon throigh out history as a symbol of freedom....

Oh and as the center of the country that affords them the right to play an effing GAME for millions a year?

Yeah me too....

I don't particularly like Trump but this is petty... I'm glad he uninvited them...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You're getting this thread started off on the wrong premise. The President revoked the Eagles' invitation.

I bet that was hard for him to do, since the Eagle is America's bird.

link   
Man, those Russian trolls really went above and beyond to sow discord, didn't they?

They've admitted to picking the 'take a knee' story and making it a far bigger issue than it ever was.

eat it up, boys, eat it up

And of course trump is doing what he can to spread hatred and unrest, so he's a huge asset to them.

edit on 6/4/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   

I hear ya, man. Different strokes for different folks. Like I noted, imagine the stock price of a pitchfork manufacturer were the “Redskins” to have won.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never did understand why winning a game got you a ticket to the White House.
Stupid tradition anyways.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're getting this thread started off on the wrong premise. The President revoked the Eagles' invitation.

Do what? A few of them refused to attend his little token shindig, and it hurt his fragile adolescent ego and he called it off.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I respect taking a knee because it brings awareness to police and justice malpractice. People arent human anymore and need to be reigned in.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Y'all just keep on saying this. Tearing the country in two and being happy about it is about the furthest thing from American I can think of. Petty, shameful, & closer to treasonous than anything else. But keep up with the joy in dividing/destroying the country you claim to love so much. Just exposes yourself further.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, I actually giggle a little each time when Goodell (what a turd that guy is) has to kiss the ring. Trump is running circles around ‘the shield’ (American Football nomenclature for the league as a whole) — Goodell is no Rozelle. And DJT is very much in the Al Davis vein...sorry about the stream of consciousness.

I agree.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
I respect taking a knee because it brings awareness to police and justice malpractice. People arent human anymore and need to be reigned in.

Really? Because what's it doing? Its the equivalent of posting a pic on your fb w a background for a tragedy..... Its not fixing or helping anything its virtue signaling...

The only thing it succeeded in doing is costing the NFL millions.....

But hey I say let em do it, and when the players have to take pay cuts to their salary because loss of NFL revenue we will see how dedicated to taking a knee they really are...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: carewemust

Do what? A few of them refused to attend his little token shindig, and it hurt his fragile adolescent ego and he called it off.

What does that have to do with my statement of calling it off being "difficult" for Trump to do, because the EAGLE is America's bird?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
People arent human anymore and need to be reigned in.

I agree. Gang violence is horrific and needs to be fixed.

Too many young black men are dying for nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

haha - would you look at that - the White House takes a knee and refuses to acknowledge the team.

Or, rather, since so many players decided they wouldn't go, Trump canceled the whole thing because there would be fewer people there, he would look unpopular and weak, he didn't want his feelings hurt with so few people in support of him there, so he acted a toddler.

Yeah man, can't make this # up. Trump — the KING of snowflakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join